Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 29-01-2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78943)
So unwise for anyone to misled! Just check their poly or A-level results should tell the whole story.

It's very rare for companies to verify poly or A-level results. But I believe they will check transcripts. Then jokers like these will be exposed.

I mean, seriously, when he goes to the interview.. can he honestly say he has been studying in London?

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78902)
you SIM clowns want to know why you lot are so despised? Because of alumni of yours like the one here that blatantly put out 'LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS' on their linkedin when they are clearly in

S I M.

Yea LSE working in a 'hedge fund' aka CITCO aka SIM-UOL dumping ground. At least some clowns reference SIM in brackets or some sort of indication that it is a distance learning program. But this proud alumni of yours… I'm speechless

Jokes :)

s://.linkedin.com/in/nick-jin-wei-peh-80242059?authType=name&authToken=_cyI&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-photo

ROFL this Nick also sbei suay. So many SIM-UOL grads out there use the same lie but he kana single out here and maybe his colleague also reading and gossiping now. Btw according to his profile he is an expert on hedge funds & fund of funds, not bad for a guy who does warehouse stocktaking and process bills after leaving school!

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78945)
It's very rare for companies to verify poly or A-level results. But I believe they will check transcripts. Then jokers like these will be exposed.

I mean, seriously, when he goes to the interview.. can he honestly say he has been studying in London?

I know how you feel man. Cheating and misrepresenting are all around Singapore and the world. Really, if you want to stay honest, only do it for yourself. Though it might result in a few more k a month, it is what you value. Sounds stupid to stay honest but it's your choice.

My case. I made it quite well in the investment industry. I won't state my qualifications and salary like that previous lawyer poster. I had a friend, who cheated in exams, copied solutions from the internet and paid graduate students to write his thesis. He graduate 1st class honors.

About half a year ago he lost his job due to an error on his part. He is now unemployed.

I'm not saying that all will be exposed. But sometimes people do find you out.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78902)
you SIM clowns want to know why you lot are so despised? Because of alumni of yours like the one here that blatantly put out 'LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS' on their linkedin when they are clearly in

S I M.

Yea LSE working in a 'hedge fund' aka CITCO aka SIM-UOL dumping ground. At least some clowns reference SIM in brackets or some sort of indication that it is a distance learning program. But this proud alumni of yours… I'm speechless

Jokes :)

s://.linkedin.com/in/nick-jin-wei-peh-80242059?authType=name&authToken=_cyI&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-photo

You know what's the funniest part. LSE is NOT an actual Global SIM partner. The program is under UOL where the academic direction "is provided by Goldsmith's and London School of Economics and Political Science".

Directly from the website: ://.simge.edu.sg/gePortalWeb/appmanager/web/default?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pgPartnerUniversitie sDetail&fid=Discover_Universities&contentID=SIM000 679&countryName=UK#UK

So it's either Mr Nick Peh did graduate from LSE or he took a program (UOL) directed by another program (LSE).

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78948)
ROFL this Nick also sbei suay. So many SIM-UOL grads out there use the same lie but he kana single out here and maybe his colleague also reading and gossiping now. Btw according to his profile he is an expert on hedge funds & fund of funds, not bad for a guy who does warehouse stocktaking and process bills after leaving school!

no sympathies. not only falsely put his alumni, even got the cheek to include the LSE logo prominently in his resume somemore… shameless

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78952)
no sympathies. not only falsely put his alumni, even got the cheek to include the LSE logo prominently in his resume somemore… shameless

It's a UOL program directed by LSE. From the website: "Academic direction of programmes offered at SIM GE is provided by Goldsmiths and the London School of Economics and Political Science."

I went to their list of partner universities - ://.simge.edu.sg/gePortalWeb/appmanager/web/default?_nfpb=true&_st=&_pageLabel=pgPartnerUniver sities&fid=Discover_Universities

Can't find LSE. Maybe we should give Mr Peh the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he did went to London.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78950)
You know what's the funniest part. LSE is NOT an actual Global SIM partner. The program is under UOL where the academic direction "is provided by Goldsmith's and London School of Economics and Political Science".

Directly from the website: ://.simge.edu.sg/gePortalWeb/appmanager/web/default?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pgPartnerUniversitie sDetail&fid=Discover_Universities&contentID=SIM000 679&countryName=UK#UK

So it's either Mr Nick Peh did graduate from LSE or he took a program (UOL) directed by another program (LSE).

honestly whats ur prob here? u ve been repeating the same spill for months in this thread. yea this Nick Peh is probably some loser with a small paycheck and a big ego. but is there a need to keep repeating the same pts again & again every few weeks?

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78955)
honestly whats ur prob here? u ve been repeating the same spill for months in this thread. yea this Nick Peh is probably some loser with a small paycheck and a big ego. but is there a need to keep repeating the same pts again & again every few weeks?

I got to know of Mr Nick Peh an hour ago. Okay, I'll stop.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78954)
It's a UOL program directed by LSE. From the website: "Academic direction of programmes offered at SIM GE is provided by Goldsmiths and the London School of Economics and Political Science."

I went to their list of partner universities - ://.simge.edu.sg/gePortalWeb/appmanager/web/default?_nfpb=true&_st=&_pageLabel=pgPartnerUniver sities&fid=Discover_Universities

Can't find LSE. Maybe we should give Mr Peh the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he did went to London.

If Nick Peh really went to London to study for 4 years till 2011 and 5 years of working still stuck as ops analyst in Citco then he might as well go Bedok Reservoir jump.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78957)

If Nick Peh really went to London to study for 4 years till 2011 and 5 years of working still stuck as ops analyst in Citco then he might as well go Bedok Reservoir jump.

Cannot be. LSE has a very stringent admission criteria. No way a NYP IT diploma grad can just apply and get in even if he comes from a rich family.