Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 05-01-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127790)
Lol, like the fellow who made it to s&t? 5 years into his career and start making 10k could easily be considered as "making it" by many people in the working society.

but wheres the proof? show some linkedin profiles of SIM grads (NOT MASTERS) who made it in life.

Unregistered 05-01-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127790)
Lol, like the fellow who made it to s&t? 5 years into his career and start making 10k could easily be considered as "making it" by many people in the working society.

but wheres the proof? show some linkedin profiles of SIM grads (NOT MASTERS)

Unregistered 05-01-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127810)
but wheres the proof? show some linkedin profiles of SIM grads (NOT MASTERS)

What's your definition of made it in life?

Unregistered 05-01-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127809)
but wheres the proof? show some linkedin profiles of SIM grads (NOT MASTERS) who made it in life.

Don't even need made it in life. Just show linkedin profiles of SIM grads (non masters, obviously) that got a job that's in an MNC and NOT selling insurance, doing recruiting or other stupid ass roles.

Unregistered 05-01-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127819)
Don't even need made it in life. Just show linkedin profiles of SIM grads (non masters, obviously) that got a job that's in an MNC and NOT selling insurance, doing recruiting or other stupid ass roles.

What us wrong with selling insurance??!!
We make more $$$ than u

Unregistered 05-01-2020 06:10 PM

Aiya why people keep bashing SIM grad. Tell yall SIM grads, it's possible to make it. My friend gf also from SIM. Started in some back office role, gradually migrate to mid office and now doing FO and one of the top 5 major investment banks. You def won't have a ideal start, but as long as you eh gan, you won't be denied any possibility. Any boss or person in a managerial position won't deny you the chance as long as you show your worth. The degree doesn't doesn't define ur end destination. You yourself will. No need to keep ask possible or not.

Unregistered 05-01-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127820)
What us wrong with selling insurance??!!
We make more $$$ than u

nothing wrong.

my point is, it doesnt take any effort to get a job selling insurance. even o level grads can do it. whats the use of your SIM cert then?

waste money and time?

Unregistered 05-01-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127821)
Aiya why people keep bashing SIM grad. Tell yall SIM grads, it's possible to make it. My friend gf also from SIM. Started in some back office role, gradually migrate to mid office and now doing FO and one of the top 5 major investment banks. You def won't have a ideal start, but as long as you eh gan, you won't be denied any possibility. Any boss or person in a managerial position won't deny you the chance as long as you show your worth. The degree doesn't doesn't define ur end destination. You yourself will. No need to keep ask possible or not.

nothing wrong with this - some will make it, the majority wont.

the point is that sim grads will almost always have a shitty start. while your local uni peers have already gone far ahead of you.

Unregistered 05-01-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127823)

the point is that sim grads will almost always have a shitty start. while your local uni peers have already gone far ahead of you.

There are also local uni grads doing insurance; some of them also cannot make it.

Majority of the grads wont make it, just that SIM grads has a higher proportion.

Everyone is trying to make a living, what is the point of bashing each other?

Unregistered 05-01-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127823)

You must be doing fantastic. Care to share which line you are in? I'm open to disclose my line and my cpf statement if you are game. If you are not, no response is required. I don't talk to local uni pussies.