Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 28-10-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91567)
At least learn to BS properly.

Left school 4 years ago and spent 3 years going nowhere in a failed company and suddenly consult for other successful businesses making annual income of 250k "last year".

What did you do last year? Got laid off after company bankrupt and suddenly start your own consultancy and made 250k within few months?

I spent 2 years at the startup, not 3. I said the startup failed. I said nothing about bankruptcy. Co-founders don't get laid off. They sell their shares and exit.

All I will say is that I am involved in business management systems and fundraising. The first month after I started my consulting firm, I made 40k. I had a full year. Go figure it out.

4 years ago, I was in the same situation like you UOL fresh grads here, lurking in the forums, searching for guidance and direction. You can choose to think I'm sprouting BS, or you can partake of the few nuggets of wisdom I have.

I won't be posting again. Good luck.

Unregistered 28-10-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91578)
I spent 2 years at the startup, not 3. I said the startup failed. I said nothing about bankruptcy. Co-founders don't get laid off. They sell their shares and exit.

All I will say is that I am involved in business management systems and fundraising. The first month after I started my consulting firm, I made 40k. I had a full year. Go figure it out.

4 years ago, I was in the same situation like you UOL fresh grads here, lurking in the forums, searching for guidance and direction. You can choose to think I'm sprouting BS, or you can partake of the few nuggets of wisdom I have.

I won't be posting again. Good luck.

Give me a break from this BS please. Here is the timeline on your original story:

Graduated 4 years ago a.k.a 2012

2012: Graduated
2012-2013: Spent 1 year in a foreign bank drawing 3k
2013-2015: Spent 2 years in a failed business as an employee/co-founder (depending on which version of the story you have)
2015: Company folded and equity became "worthless". Went from an unemployed guy to suddenly doing a startup that turned 40k profit on the first month of operations! Even made 250k in this partial year alone!

LOL. Want to BS at least get your story straight. First you say you "joined" a startup, now you say you are a "co-founder". At first say you are are left with "worthless equity", now you put a spin about how you weren't retrenched but simply sold off your shares as a co-founder. What happened to the earlier claim about the equity being worthless? You sold it for $1?

Talk rubbish still simi sai share "few nuggets of wisdom I have".

Unregistered 28-10-2016 09:15 PM

All of you are dogs la. What local uni grad sim grad. Limpei o level only ok! Knn study so much, end up work for people like me only hahaha. Your lousy 1 year salary cannot even cover my ktv and entertainment expenses for 1 month. Go fly kite la

Unregistered 29-10-2016 11:24 AM

For those who claim startup successful biz, name of biz please.

For those who claim mega pay from employer, linkedin profile please.

Otherwise stop disturbing this thread as real SIM-UOL grads need accurate info.

hopeless 03-11-2016 03:36 PM

Come on let's be nice. Anyway,

Does a SIM-GE degree render any civil service job applications useless? I mean is it true that they only consider graduates from NUS/NTU/SMU and that it's almost impossible for a graduate SIM-GE to land a job in the civil service, say in AGD, AGO etc?

Unregistered 03-11-2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeless (Post 91751)
Come on let's be nice. Anyway,

Does a SIM-GE degree render any civil service job applications useless? I mean is it true that they only consider graduates from NUS/NTU/SMU and that it's almost impossible for a graduate SIM-GE to land a job in the civil service, say in AGD, AGO etc?

I think those lower end less popular stat board still got chance, not high but the chance is there. AGD/AGO don't bother, they will not entertain unless you are willing to take up a poly position.

Unregistered 12-11-2016 07:57 PM

sim ftw

my sim first class cannot compare to your local U second upper? really?

Unregistered 12-11-2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91959)
my sim first class cannot compare to your local U second upper? really?

Unfortunately, yes.

Unregistered 12-11-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91592)
Give me a break from this BS please. Here is the timeline on your original story:

Graduated 4 years ago a.k.a 2012

2012: Graduated
2012-2013: Spent 1 year in a foreign bank drawing 3k
2013-2015: Spent 2 years in a failed business as an employee/co-founder (depending on which version of the story you have)
2015: Company folded and equity became "worthless". Went from an unemployed guy to suddenly doing a startup that turned 40k profit on the first month of operations! Even made 250k in this partial year alone!

LOL. Want to BS at least get your story straight. First you say you "joined" a startup, now you say you are a "co-founder". At first say you are are left with "worthless equity", now you put a spin about how you weren't retrenched but simply sold off your shares as a co-founder. What happened to the earlier claim about the equity being worthless? You sold it for $1?

Talk rubbish still simi sai share "few nuggets of wisdom I have".

There's really no winning on this forum. If you do well, you get haters like the one above, and if you don't do well, you're a useless grad who can't find a job. Misery does love company.

Unregistered 12-11-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91962)
There's really no winning on this forum. If you do well, you get haters like the one above, and if you don't do well, you're a useless grad who can't find a job. Misery does love company.

People are here to get good useful and accurate advice, not to hear BS story that is all over this forum.

If all you are thinking is 'winning' or 'losing' then go somewhere else.