Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 08-04-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83063)
Bunch of insecure SIM grads. Some troll came in to say he is earning 6k after one year and you guys go ballistic. Actually it's just a few ppl. Sorry to generalize. Just to give abit of perspective, the 6k guy may not be lying. At my bank, the entry level management associates for middle office get 6k already. He only started with 4.7. So he just caught up with them after one year. Got to admit the increment is quite large. He either has to be a top performer and got promoted to justify the increment or lying. Not impossible to achieve though.

Again, I'm not from SIM and I earn more than $6k+. I just want him to come clean on his official title so that the other SIM grads will not be misled.

And up till now he still don't want to say his official title. He replied last night so I know he is seeing this.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83063)
Bunch of insecure SIM grads. Some troll came in to say he is earning 6k after one year and you guys go ballistic. Actually it's just a few ppl. Sorry to generalize. Just to give abit of perspective, the 6k guy may not be lying. At my bank, the entry level management associates for middle office get 6k already. He only started with 4.7. So he just caught up with them after one year. Got to admit the increment is quite large. He either has to be a top performer and got promoted to justify the increment or lying. Not impossible to achieve though.

Your MA from WHAT bank getting 6k at MO? Are you SURE it's an MA role?

So far, I only know of Citibank MA for fresh grad roles, OCBC MA for post grad roles. The rest are grad programs typically reserved for MBA students.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 08:19 PM

banking industry is all about connections & knowing the right MD. if your 'grandfather' is powerful, he can easily create any position at any pay he want. i cant believe ppl are getting excited over someone making 6k in a bank after 1 year arguing over rubbish like bo/mo/fo.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83107)
banking industry is all about connections & knowing the right MD. if your 'grandfather' is powerful, he can easily create any position at any pay he want. i cant believe ppl are getting excited over someone making 6k in a bank after 1 year arguing over rubbish like bo/mo/fo.

Exactly. 6k is peanuts.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83108)
Exactly. 6k is peanuts.

I make more than 6k but I'll never make a statement "6k is peanuts" as I know others would be thankful to earn that much. I, everyday, am grateful for my job.

Are you thankful for your current job?

Unregistered 08-04-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83108)
Exactly. 6k is peanuts.

How much do you make

Unregistered 09-04-2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83129)
How much do you make

I make only 10k.

Unregistered 09-04-2016 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83136)
I make only 10k.

"Only" suggests to me that your monthly salary of 10k is a small amount. Are you appreciative of your current job that pays 10k a month?

Unregistered 09-04-2016 11:37 AM

so common for banking industry to make 30-50k and some sim grads getting excited over 6k...

Unregistered 09-04-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83138)
"Only" suggests to me that your monthly salary of 10k is a small amount. Are you appreciative of your current job that pays 10k a month?

I'm not happy with my salary. I'm aiming for 30-50k like what the poster below said.