Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 25-02-2020 07:21 PM

:/

I went for interview on 21 Jan 2020. Emailed HR two weeks later and they said my application is still under consideration. Called them exactly a month later, they said they’re waiting for the CC to get back to them if I’m selected and will let me know in 2-3 weeks. Is this a good or bad sign?

Unregistered 26-02-2020 01:24 AM

god, why wont u guys just learn?

there are so many job applicants in the CS. and PA is 1 of the worst in terms of highest number of applicants with the sh1ttiest working hours...they hire ALL YEAR ROUND.

if u think about it, if u WERE THAT GOOD, wouldn't the CD/DCD call u to hire u on the spot instead of dilly-dally?

food for thought.

Unregistered 29-02-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129347)
god, why wont u guys just learn?

there are so many job applicants in the CS. and PA is 1 of the worst in terms of highest number of applicants with the sh1ttiest working hours...they hire ALL YEAR ROUND.

if u think about it, if u WERE THAT GOOD, wouldn't the CD/DCD call u to hire u on the spot instead of dilly-dally?

food for thought.

Finally someone talking sense. PA is hiring all year round and working hours is ****. The bulk of CD cmi and looking to secure their own position for decades there. Many CM resigning because of shitty CD.

Unregistered 29-02-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129487)
Finally someone talking sense. PA is hiring all year round and working hours is ****. The bulk of CD cmi and looking to secure their own position for decades there. Many CM resigning because of shitty CD.

Sad but true... i worked there from 2005-2007... even got a promotion to DCD within 1.5 years and posted to a new CC... unfortunately, I got hit with 2 mega projects, colleagues were just there passing time, CD is a guy approaching retirement and didn't carry his own weight (much less clear his emails)... worked from 10am to 11pm almost every day... what I couldn't stand most were the grassroots leaders... in the end, I left despite having a good prospect in that organisation... 12 years laters, I'm at still working in the same organisation after leaving PA... that said, it's a good place to learn about Singapore politics and the various services provided in Singapore...

Unregistered 01-03-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129492)
Sad but true... i worked there from 2005-2007... even got a promotion to DCD within 1.5 years and posted to a new CC... unfortunately, I got hit with 2 mega projects, colleagues were just there passing time, CD is a guy approaching retirement and didn't carry his own weight (much less clear his emails)... worked from 10am to 11pm almost every day... what I couldn't stand most were the grassroots leaders... in the end, I left despite having a good prospect in that organisation... 12 years laters, I'm at still working in the same organisation after leaving PA... that said, it's a good place to learn about Singapore politics and the various services provided in Singapore...

nothing will change because of the fact that we have over 100+ community centres and each of them operates from around 9am to 10pm, 7 days a week.

Unregistered 10-03-2020 01:50 PM

Any news?

Hi, everyone.

It has been almost a month since my interview to be a CM. I'm still awaiting news from HR. :( How about the rest of all of us who were interviewed within this past month too? Kindly share your outcomes.

Thanks.

Unregistered 10-03-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129887)
Hi, everyone.

It has been almost a month since my interview to be a CM. I'm still awaiting news from HR. :( How about the rest of all of us who were interviewed within this past month too? Kindly share your outcomes.

Thanks.

I called the HR last Friday and they said my application is still under review by the CC. Expect some delay due to the COVID-19, they said.

Unregistered 19-03-2020 12:18 PM

Outcome?

Hi, everyone.

Has anyone of us received any outcome for the CM position within these past few days?

Thanks.

kuku3649 19-03-2020 05:04 PM

Peoples Association

Does anyone know how long will they get back to you to go for an interview? If rejected, will they inform you? And lastly is it hard to get an interview for CM role?

Unregistered 19-03-2020 05:05 PM

Does anyone know how frequent PA hire CM? And how many will they choose in each hiring process?