Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 06-09-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42085)
PA is hiring. How much does a deputy director earn?

11-14k basic salary

Unregistered 09-09-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered - Ms (Post 42035)
Successful candidates will be given a 3-year contract.
Is it a must to complete the 3 year contract given?

If there any terms and condition that need to be fulfill if one is unable to complete the 3 year and quit in between the period of time?

I was being told by a friend who is a CM that you will need to inform them one year in advance if you are going to quit the job.

Nope...afaik you can quit anytime, just give one month's notice...

Unregistered 08-10-2013 12:24 PM

I think if you have the passion, u will love the job. I must admit it is a tiring job with no time to yourself or family. when friends/family are having outing, you have to work. but if passion are burning, this job is not too bad afterall. the question is, how long can this fire burn? haha

Unregistered 24-10-2013 11:52 PM

Anyone here went for CM interview in end September? It's a month since the interview but so far no notification on whether I was offered the job or not.

Does that means I'm not selected?

Unregistered 07-11-2013 05:09 PM

Any CM in this forum able to advise on the following?

Is Constituency Manager considered civil servant? Are they entitled to the mid year and end of year bonus that other civil servants are getting?

Roughly how many months bonus can a CM get for an average performer?

Unregistered 18-11-2013 01:53 PM

Hi, will PA inform you if you didn't get the job? As they said will need to get 2 weeks for reply. If you didn't get it will they inform you?

Unregistered 23-11-2013 02:54 PM

Hola!

I may share some light on some of your burning thoughts.

There is a high turn over rate for CMs, reason varies among those who have left.

It is not an 8-5 job, there are events and meetings that you have to attend/organise.

If you enjoy meeting/working with many people from all walks of life, ok with irregular hours, etc, do join. But i assure you, you will have many days that you wish you could have spent it with your loved ones instead, especially the weekends, or nights, where you could have been out with your friends who have ended work. Time will surely be sacrificed.

Many people say that the bonuses in the gov sector is great, but frankly, it depends.

You have to see your grading, economy, etc. of course you will get AWS aka 13 month, it is entitled to you. If you are asking for an average, it can be from 1-2 months. Also, depending on your grade. If you have like a A grade, it can be up to 3 months, but they will not give it 1 shot to you. 1 portion of it will be given later part in the year.

If you wish to last long in PA, you must have the passion to serve the residents and patience when dealing with all kinds of people. If you're just looking for "fast cash", high chance you will burn out.

Hope this helps!

Unregistered 24-11-2013 09:25 AM

Assistant manager (social assistance) in msf

I would like to find out more on this position, after the social assistance had been taken over by msf. Do the incumbent have to attend night meetings and do events very often? How is the pay like?

Unregistered 25-11-2013 12:50 PM

deployed to CC

Hi, I received a call from the HR, saying I'm deployed to a CC. What exactly do we do in CC??

Unregistered 27-11-2013 01:50 PM

I went for interview and they mentioned they will get back within 2 weeks. They didn't so i assumed I wasn't selected, however, they contacted me on the 5th week.

Looking at the negative comments, I don't know whether if it's right of me to join PA as CM. Sounds like a very unhappy environment :(