Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   What are some good non-fang tech companies? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14526-what-some-good-non-fang-tech-companies.html)

Unregistered 07-04-2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csgrad (Post 212755)
i see, thank you and yea looking for mainly tech.

im also ok with fintech.

not interested in govtech or government related tech companies. not sure what's HTX, i'll check it out, thanks man.

looking for specifically US tech, large sg banks, unicorns, etc.

what about foodpanda? carousell? any opinion on these companies?

i heard they pay well, wlb may not be so good but i see some good learning opportunities.

then you wouldnt be impressed with HTX as it is a stat board i believe.

anyway, US tech firms are a solid choice but they are highly selective (and US tech firms are faang mostly)

if by "large sg banks" you mean DBS, OCBC and UOB then i can tell u to stay away from them unless u got about 5-8 years YOE and looking to aim for AVP role and above.

you can try JPM, MS, Goldman sachs etc. But again, keep in mind that these are not tech firms as they dont see tech as revenue generating (Quants excluded) although in most cases they do pay well.

Foodpanda, carousell, gojek, grab are pretty good from what i hear, but again, can you be sure these names are renowned in the US? since that appears to be one of ur concerns.

csgrad 07-04-2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212767)
then you wouldnt be impressed with HTX as it is a stat board i believe.

anyway, US tech firms are a solid choice but they are highly selective (and US tech firms are faang mostly)

if by "large sg banks" you mean DBS, OCBC and UOB then i can tell u to stay away from them unless u got about 5-8 years YOE and looking to aim for AVP role and above.

you can try JPM, MS, Goldman sachs etc. But again, keep in mind that these are not tech firms as they dont see tech as revenue generating (Quants excluded) although in most cases they do pay well.

Foodpanda, carousell, gojek, grab are pretty good from what i hear, but again, can you be sure these names are renowned in the US? since that appears to be one of ur concerns.

ah yes strongly agree with the "highly selective" part, heard the same as well...

also my apologies for the change of mind, im ok with non-us tech as long as its a good place to learn and grow.

i guess im at a bit of a crossroad, my first job was pretty good at the start but after some reorg, things got pretty crappy.. not doing much, not learning much. im pretty sure 2 years later i'll still be below 5k base monthly pay so i rather job hop sometime this year than never and start fresh somewhere else.

anyway thank u so much for this, helps a lot. i'll check out those companies u listed.

Unregistered 07-04-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csgrad (Post 212720)
I'm a cs grad from SIT, graduated last year, got a job at a us tech company but pay is awful [ below 5k monthly ] so was thinking of looking around.

what are some good non-fang, not bytedance/shopee tech companies?

seems to me like there's not much in Singapore... or maybe im looking in the wrong places because so far the ones i tried, all offered lower than 5k...

any suggestions?

grab lor, listed on nasdaq some more

Unregistered 07-04-2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212749)
If OP is indeed asking a serious question and not just trolling, i would say Govtech has somewhat better branding than most, NCS mehhhh not bad i suppose, and lastly stay away from ST esp if you are a fresh grad. No idea about HTX.

And ofc, stay away esp from the anti-thesis of FAANG, WITCH companies.

witch companies provide a core service many fortune 500 companies, and faang too

Unregistered 07-04-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212865)
witch companies provide a core service many fortune 500 companies, and faang too

WITCH companies are trash

Unregistered 07-04-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212865)

How much does faang pay for fresh grads tho

Unregistered 07-04-2022 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212864)
grab lor, listed on nasdaq some more

soon to tank to minimum stock price

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212870)
WITCH companies are trash

that's because in that sector of tech, margins are low but work is demanding

but it's no worse than big 4 audit

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212899)
that's because in that sector of tech, margins are low but work is demanding

but it's no worse than big 4 audit

yup high tech and low tech work ate miles apart

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212888)
soon to tank to minimum stock price

it has recovered from their all time low in march leh