Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   what is the salary range for engineering management job? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1414-what-salary-range-engineering-management-job.html)

no1ne 13-07-2011 03:28 PM

what is the salary range for engineering management job?

I am a fresh BSC (HONS) ENIGNEERING MANAGEMENT holder from Singapore private institute with 2-3 years experiences in technician.

Based on my qualification, if I get into engineering management job what is the salary range in Singapore?

Thank you.

Unregistered 13-07-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no1ne (Post 14184)
I am a fresh BSC (HONS) ENIGNEERING MANAGEMENT holder from Singapore private institute with 2-3 years experiences in technician.

Based on my qualification, if I get into engineering management job what is the salary range in Singapore?

Thank you.

what do u mean by "engineering mgmt" job?
do u mean manager in charge of a group of engineers? such positions are usually held by engineers who rose through the ranks of senior/principal engineers.
what jobs u r looking interested in?

no1ne 13-07-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14199)
what do u mean by "engineering mgmt" job?
do u mean manager in charge of a group of engineers? such positions are usually held by engineers who rose through the ranks of senior/principal engineers.
what jobs u r looking interested in?

Maybe I should ask this question first:

What position suits me base on my qualification?

Unregistered 13-07-2011 09:46 PM

First u ask on how much you can get paid.
Then u ask what job suits you.

U appeared to be too self-centred. Could consider lucky if u can get a decent job from an job interview, based on ur qualification.

no1ne 13-07-2011 10:00 PM

You never answer my question, thank you.

no1ne 13-07-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14201)
First u ask on how much you can get paid.
Then u ask what job suits you.

U appeared to be too self-centred. Could consider lucky if u can get a decent job from an job interview, based on ur qualification.

Thanks for your meaningless answer.:)

undiscern 13-07-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no1ne (Post 14200)
Maybe I should ask this question first:

What position suits me base on my qualification?

Actually, you should have known or find out about the career prospect for the degree before embarking on it. I suspect it is half engine, half business. Engineering job would be out as they look for people with BEng EEE or ME etc. Hence, admin role would be appropriate, or bank entry level backend job.

HR executive 13-07-2011 10:27 PM

Salaries of our fresh graduates 2010 – salary.sg|Support Site for The Unemployed

Unregistered 14-07-2011 10:54 PM

I think it will be pretty hard for you to get a job in the first place based on the engineering management qualification itself alone. That being said, you can get another job as a technician based on your previous experience as a technician though so I would say it will may difficult for you to get a job as an engineer. Such a qualification is usually sought by managers who are already overseeing a team of engineers or by senior engineers with the relevant experience who are looking forward to take on a managerial role.

Sorry to break your bubble but you should have took a BEng in the relevant engineering discipline instead of the engineering management degree. Not to mention the fact that your degree is from a private school so it may not be that recognised.

To answer your question, the salary scale for the engineering management job is unknown because you are not likely to be hired in an engineering management job due to the lack of qualifications and relevant experience.

no1ne 15-07-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14245)
I think it will be pretty hard for you to get a job in the first place based on the engineering management qualification itself alone. That being said, you can get another job as a technician based on your previous experience as a technician though so I would say it will may difficult for you to get a job as an engineer. Such a qualification is usually sought by managers who are already overseeing a team of engineers or by senior engineers with the relevant experience who are looking forward to take on a managerial role.

Sorry to break your bubble but you should have took a BEng in the relevant engineering discipline instead of the engineering management degree. Not to mention the fact that your degree is from a private school so it may not be that recognised.

To answer your question, the salary scale for the engineering management job is unknown because you are not likely to be hired in an engineering management job due to the lack of qualifications and relevant experience.

I am SUPER disappointed to see that, anyway, thank you very much.