Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13323-comp-science-frsh-grad-salary.html)

Unregistered 06-01-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152723)
I'm shopee project manager. Liase with merchant. Business meeting etc.
Assign task to developer.. 20k per month.

Not sure why all the developer are so happy with their 7k.. When they have to work like slave while other positions are easier and more rewarding

Hello. We are talking about fresh grad here

Unregistered 06-01-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152724)
Hello. We are talking about fresh grad here

Oh i tot fresh grad earning 9k these days? No?

Unregistered 06-01-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152725)
Oh i tot fresh grad earning 9k these days? No?

9.5k liao. It goes up each day

Unregistered 06-01-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152723)
I'm shopee project manager. Liase with merchant. Business meeting etc.
Assign task to developer.. 20k per month.

Not sure why all the developer are so happy with their 7k.. When they have to work like slave while other positions are easier and more rewarding

Obviously a boomer troll here. SWE is paid better than PMs in Shopee and a simple search on glassdoor will tell you that.

Many boomers are salty of fresh grad salary. They must understand that tech was not disruptive to the industries unlike now and the IT industries have transformed significantly with the rise of AI, data analytics, cyber sec, DevOps, agile methodology, etc.

Like Steve Jobs said, the difference between the best SWE vs an avg SWE is 50 to 100 times unlike other jobs in other industries the difference is relatively marginal (0.2 to 2times).
Link: watch?v=a7mS9ZdU6k4&ab_channel=JordanEtem

That is why top fresh grads in SWE are paid a lot and well deserved too due to the value they are bringing into companies. They have high potential and are able to learn, adapt, and produce with high speed and quality.

That said, the role of SWEs also changes as you progress further. Probably less coding & implementation but more technical designing, decision making, and guiding new SWEs.

Unregistered 06-01-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152727)
Obviously a boomer troll here. SWE is paid better than PMs in Shopee and a simple search on glassdoor will tell you that.

Many boomers are salty of fresh grad salary. They must understand that tech was not disruptive to the industries unlike now and the IT industries have transformed significantly with the rise of AI, data analytics, cyber sec, DevOps, agile methodology, etc.

Like Steve Jobs said, the difference between the best SWE vs an avg SWE is 50 to 100 times unlike other jobs in other industries the difference is relatively marginal (0.2 to 2times).

That is why top fresh grads in SWE are paid a lot and well deserved too due to the value they are bringing into companies. They have high potential and are able to learn, adapt, and produce with high speed and quality.

That said, the role of SWEs also changes as you progress further. Probably less coding & implementation but more technical designing, decision making, and guiding new SWEs.

Good insight. I guess the issue is all fresh grad think they are worthy of top pay

Unregistered 06-01-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Glassdoor is not religion alamak. Look at the amount of "reported salaries" and you can draw your own conclusions how accurate they are.

Unregistered 06-01-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

LOL.
Then by your argument, every fresh grad comp Sci that is worth 9.5k starting pay should just start their own IT company or app or tech **** or what not la.

So dumb, you value fresh grad skills so high to pay them high for unproven skills

But their skills are not worth it if they use it freelance.
So weird.

If I'm a fresh grad Sci comp tech genius, I'll build an app and then sell it like whatapps, Instagram, Hotmail etc.

Why go work for a GAMING company like shopee.
Singaporean are delusional
Get good grade.
Graduate uni.
Expexts high pay.

Money is king. Not skills.
Wny? Cause if I got money, I can hire next year fresh grad if you can't deliver.

Unregistered 06-01-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152755)
LOL.
Then by your argument, every fresh grad comp Sci that is worth 9.5k starting pay should just start their own IT company or app or tech **** or what not la.

So dumb, you value fresh grad skills so high to pay them high for unproven skills

But their skills are not worth it if they use it freelance.
So weird.

If I'm a fresh grad Sci comp tech genius, I'll build an app and then sell it like whatapps, Instagram, Hotmail etc.

Why go work for a GAMING company like shopee.
Singaporean are delusional
Get good grade.
Graduate uni.
Expexts high pay.

Money is king. Not skills.
Wny? Cause if I got money, I can hire next year fresh grad if you can't deliver.

This salty boi cant engrish for real. No wonder cant pass technical interviews for Shopee now kpkb graduate in 2015 work 5 years still earn under 5k per month.
pui stupid nub gitgood

Unregistered 06-01-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152759)
This salty boi cant engrish for real. No wonder cant pass technical interviews for Shopee now kpkb graduate in 2015 work 5 years still earn under 5k per month.
pui stupid nub gitgood

Most ppl in CS can’t engrish to be fair

Unregistered 06-01-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152759)
pui stupid nub gitgood

19yo polytechnoc student ceo managing few millions startup.

You uni delusional think working for a shopee is the career dream come thru
What a delusional fresh grad.