Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   15% pay cut from private sector to teach in Polytechnic (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1310-15-pay-cut-private-sector-teach-polytechnic.html)

Unregistered 03-04-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50134)
You are wrong. Many manager/senior manager
Are Pax 3 in this poly.

For DD is Pax 2

You are very blessed. Stay in your poly cos in my poly, new Dir is pax 3. dd/sm is pax 4.

Very exploited..... And all this on top of maintaining pole position in FCA.

Unregistered 03-04-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50146)
Are these the bouses for admin positions? Polys pay very well. I'm in admin in one of the main local universities and the bonuses are nowhere near.

does the poly received 10% increment in 2012?

Unregistered 04-04-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50146)
Are these the bouses for admin positions? Polys pay very well. I'm in admin in one of the main local universities and the bonuses are nowhere near.

At least your 13th bonus is factored into your monthly salary. In local uni, the base salary is higher and you have more annual leaves and much superior flexi benefits.

Unregistered 05-04-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50143)
I get B for many years already...still at my Pax....maybe my boss don't like me.

either you are very outstanding worker OR very good at carry ball. Otherwise can forget about promotion.

Unregistered 07-04-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50204)
either you are very outstanding worker OR very good at carry ball. Otherwise can forget about promotion.

I think I am good at carrying balls...last time NS days always carry medicine ball mah...

Unregistered 07-04-2014 11:06 AM

Look dudes, stop whining can?

If you think you are worth more than what your current employers are paying you, just up and go. Since you think you are worth more, you should have no problem getting employment outside that pays more.

I always told my whining juniors this. Some will leave to explore outside and many will return with tails between their legs. Either way, I feel that is the best remedy. Those who did indeed find better pay outside are happier for it, those did not and came back are now more accepting of their "worth".

Poly salaries are decent. They allow a working couple to afford a decent quality of life, own a condo, a car and annual vacation overseas. So really, if you think you deserve better just get out the door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50164)
You are very blessed. Stay in your poly cos in my poly, new Dir is pax 3. dd/sm is pax 4.

Very exploited..... And all this on top of maintaining pole position in FCA.

Unregistered 07-04-2014 02:39 PM

I agree. The pay is decent with good work llife balance. I tell my colleagues the same things, if they are not happy, just go. Otherwise their negative energies will rub on and affect the students!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50269)
Look dudes, stop whining can?

If you think you are worth more than what your current employers are paying you, just up and go. Since you think you are worth more, you should have no problem getting employment outside that pays more.

I always told my whining juniors this. Some will leave to explore outside and many will return with tails between their legs. Either way, I feel that is the best remedy. Those who did indeed find better pay outside are happier for it, those did not and came back are now more accepting of their "worth".

Poly salaries are decent. They allow a working couple to afford a decent quality of life, own a condo, a car and annual vacation overseas. So really, if you think you deserve better just get out the door.

Unregistered 15-04-2014 04:07 PM

ypecomo they

Poly lecturer salary can afford condo, car and annual vacation? Perhaps at 50 yrs old lo. Looking at the package they offered me, don't say condo, buy cherry qq also not enough. Most lecturers in their 30s are earning like 5-6k a month? Tts like 80-90k p.a? How to afford condo, car and vacation? Either no kids or no savings lo.

Unregistered 15-04-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50563)
Poly lecturer salary can afford condo, car and annual vacation? Perhaps at 50 yrs old lo. Looking at the package they offered me, don't say condo, buy cherry qq also not enough. Most lecturers in their 30s are earning like 5-6k a month? Tts like 80-90k p.a? How to afford condo, car and vacation? Either no kids or no savings lo.

Your wife do what? Stay at home all day watch Korean drama? If your wife earns the same as you, 5-6k liao. 10-12k Enough to maintain a car. My dad taxi driver, my mum work in local SME, take home pay only 6k combined still can afford a car and give me some allowance in uni. Live in HDB 4-room though. 46/47 with 2 kids. I just grad from uni. Malay, so they had kids quite early.

Vacation still can go Australia each year to visit relatives there and HK once in awhile for shopping. Not too fancy. If you single even better, no need pay for wedding, in-law, wife wanting gifts all the time.

Some people really don't know how fortunate they really are.

Unregistered 16-04-2014 09:01 PM

Advise sought

Contemplating a teaching career in poly.

Am in 40s and hv 20yrs + private sector experience. Currently in CXO level in my organisation drawing $300k pa. Any chance poly would take in someone like me ? If so, what sort of pay cut is expected ?