Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 14-11-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149130)
I dont know where the salt is coming from but we are just sharing what we received and yet we're getting chided. I received offer that says 5k too. 60k per annum.

Coz it is significantly higher than previous intake mah

I hope you understand anomalies if you are working at DBS...

Unregistered 14-11-2020 05:45 PM

anyone completed the pre-conditions of the offer yet? Especially the verification/ pre-employment checks and/ or health checks?

Unregistered 14-11-2020 10:44 PM

Hello, any tips on the hackathon for someone who is not majoring in computer science?

Unregistered 15-11-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149153)
Coz it is significantly higher than previous intake mah

I hope you understand anomalies if you are working at DBS...

are you from previous intakes? does that mean no increment over the period of the programme?

Unregistered 15-11-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149176)
Hello, any tips on the hackathon for someone who is not majoring in computer science?

learn coding...

Unregistered 15-11-2020 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149176)

It will most likely be a front end web app, where you will have to call some simple api. Most likely will use react as grp mates will usually decide on that. Since the hackathon is short(3pm end), the task didn't involve setting up backend. Also good to know jwt, and how to store in local storage/cookie. Basic git is expected

Unregistered 15-11-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149189)
It will most likely be a front end web app, where you will have to call some simple api. Most likely will use react as grp mates will usually decide on that. Since the hackathon is short(3pm end), the task didn't involve setting up backend. Also good to know jwt, and how to store in local storage/cookie. Basic git is expected

Thank you!! Was that how your hackathon was like? I have only taken introductory classes to Python, will definitely brush up on these!

Unregistered 15-11-2020 11:54 AM

how is this programme like? Will there be structured training at the start?

Unregistered 15-11-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149199)
Thank you!! Was that how your hackathon was like? I have only taken introductory classes to Python, will definitely brush up on these!

Not OP but another candidate. Yeah that's how it went. Try to make a MVP but if you didnt then it depends on other factors. Btw I'm none cs student also. Business degree and finance major

Unregistered 15-11-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149211)
Not OP but another candidate. Yeah that's how it went. Try to make a MVP but if you didnt then it depends on other factors. Btw I'm none cs student also. Business degree and finance major

You got offered??