Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Fresh grad 2020 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12611-fresh-grad-2020-a.html)

Unregistered 10-02-2022 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202236)
enuf said. sintel ftw.

Singtel FTW!
Those semicon losers are really dumb. Why do we need to differentiate left hand drive and right hand drive if Singaporeans(Left) can drive in Germany (Right). Look at which side the passenger alight from the bus to know Singapore is Left hand drive and germany is opposite. They need to have German driving licence to drive in Germany otherwise why do we need to have driving license in every country? Can't even understand a simple logic like this? No wonder they got rejected for Singtel MAP.

Unregistered 10-02-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202201)
U all big cannon fairy lah... Singaporean how to drive in Germany. You got German licence meh? They right hand drive we left hand drive also. You just want to pretend mnc better only. Can better than singtel in tech or not?

I thought this post died, wasn't expecting this reply to my post.
We apply for the IDP at AA located at Geylang Bahru with our Singaporean licence. Everytime I rent a car, I provide my Singapore licence and my IDP in tandem at the site where I collect my car. Being RHD or LHD has no control over whether Singaporeans get to drive in Germany or not. It all depends on the International Driving Permit regconition. The IDP is recognized by all the contracting states for which Germany is one of them.
And no, in fact I do work for a German MNC and I am not from tech but that does not give you a right to look down on me or anyone. Respect is reciprocal, so if you don't respect others, you will be asking for the same disrespect to you. Also, a person's dignity has nothing to do with how much he earns or where he works. Everybody is accorded the same dignity and respect as a human being. But I doubt you understand it.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 09:38 AM

Hey guy, this is the OP of the Micron/Singtel debate. Thank you all for your inputs. In the end i have decided to go with Singtel for the learning opportunity that the roles in MAP provide. I am not interested in continuing in engineering route so the Micron role wouldn’t have been suitable. At the same time, I prefer a front end role than a back end one (it’s depressing). I am sure I won’t be staying in Singtel for more than 3 years

Ps: singtel would have girls!!! I have been in a sausage fest for 8 years now! Haha

Unregistered 11-02-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202451)
Hey guy, this is the OP of the Micron/Singtel debate. Thank you all for your inputs. In the end i have decided to go with Singtel for the learning opportunity that the roles in MAP provide. I am not interested in continuing in engineering route so the Micron role wouldn’t have been suitable. At the same time, I prefer a front end role than a back end one (it’s depressing). I am sure I won’t be staying in Singtel for more than 3 years

Ps: singtel would have girls!!! I have been in a sausage fest for 8 years now! Haha

You made the right choice, girls are important

Unregistered 11-02-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Yes! You made the right choice!
Look at those loser from mncs. They even had to pretend driving in Germany to make a point without knowing Singaporean licence not recognized in Germany because of Right hand drive issues.
How are the girls in singtel? How many did you manage to score?

Unregistered 11-02-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Good choice bro. Everyday see those ceca jiuhu and pinoy engineers at micron sure sian one. Hope you get to up many singtel girls

Unregistered 11-02-2022 01:36 PM

yeah singtel is definitely the wiser choice

Unregistered 11-02-2022 01:39 PM

I am from a Dutch MNC and travel extensively around our region and to Schipol. Drives around Europe extensively and have colleagues of many nationalities. So for the record, I am not from Singtel or any of the local companies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202490)
Good choice bro. Everyday see those ceca jiuhu and pinoy engineers at micron sure sian one. Hope you get to up many singtel girls

There is a reason why they are called MNCs. Free and stiff competition, survivor of the fittest. Sought after alumni, strong competence. I have multiple nationalities in my office including Myanmar, Filipinos, Malaysians, Dutch, Americans, Indonesians etc. And in MNCs we have a culture of not objectifying female colleagues the way you do. Female colleagues or even transgender are considered equals whom we view as teammates who help drive company objectives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202453)
Yes! You made the right choice!
Look at those loser from mncs. They even had to pretend driving in Germany to make a point without knowing Singaporean licence not recognized in Germany because of Right hand drive issues.
How are the girls in singtel? How many did you manage to score?

Again... what sort of people Singtel hires? And what a dumbass. Singaporeans can drive in Europe or any country that recognizes the IDP. Go and google that up! Nothing to do with whichever hand drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202452)
You made the right choice, girls are important

No, girls are not important. For goodness sake, that is a job! What the hell you join Singtel to get more girls?? What do you think they are? Do you think your female colleagues are your hostesses?

Quote:

Again... Singtel having girls or not is not the issue. It is a job, a place where you make a living, to develop and contribute! Not a matchmaking agency! And you are the sort of people Singtel hires? It is Micron's fortune that you didn't join them.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202504)
I am from a Dutch MNC and travel extensively around our region and to Schipol. Drives around Europe extensively and have colleagues of many nationalities. So for the record, I am not from Singtel or any of the local companies.

There is a reason why they are called MNCs. Free and stiff competition, survivor of the fittest. Sought after alumni, strong competence. I have multiple nationalities in my office including Myanmar, Filipinos, Malaysians, Dutch, Americans, Indonesians etc. And in MNCs we have a culture of not objectifying female colleagues the way you do. Female colleagues or even transgender are considered equals whom we view as teammates who help drive company objectives.

Again... what sort of people Singtel hires? And what a dumbass. Singaporeans can drive in Europe or any country that recognizes the IDP. Go and google that up! Nothing to do with whichever hand drive.

No, girls are not important. For goodness sake, that is a job! What the hell you join Singtel to get more girls?? What do you think they are? Do you think your female colleagues are your hostesses?

Again... Singtel having girls or not is not the issue. It is a job, a place where you make a living, to develop and contribute! Not a matchmaking agency! And you are the sort of people Singtel hires? It is Micron's fortune that you didn't join them.

Lol f off lah white knighting libtard, you probably take it in the rear too.

Only an idiot like you would think that being colleagues with cecas, jiuhus and pinoys is actually a good thing.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202508)
Lol f off lah white knighting libtard, you probably take it in the rear too.
Only an idiot like you would think that being colleagues with cecas, jiuhus and pinoys is actually a good thing.

That's called basic universal respect, a common practice by human beings. Nothing to do with being white knights or what. Evidently you don't have that humanity trait in you. So that makes you a ... lol...

Unregistered 11-02-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202509)
That's called basic universal respect, a common practice by human beings. Nothing to do with being white knights or what. Evidently you don't have that humanity trait in you. So that makes you a ... lol...

You don't respect things inferior to yourself. Therefore to me you are a piece of crap hahah time to spit on you.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 02:43 PM

What an interesting twist of events to this Singtel vs Micron debate.

So the debate can now be closed with the summary:

Pro Singtel Camp
-Local Exposure
-No competition
-Lower Competitiveness due to local exposure
-Stable Job
-Thinks Singaporeans cannot drive legally overseas because of RHD/LHD difference
-Thinks female colleagues are for scoring
-Joins a company for the women

Pro Micron Camp
-Global Exposure
-Open Competition
-Higher competitiveness due to global exposure
-Comparatively less stable job
-Thinks Singaporeans can drive overseas legally with IDP
-Thinks female colleagues are teammates
-Joins a company for the work

Unregistered 11-02-2022 05:55 PM

Engineering is a dead end job, that’s enough to sum up the debate

Singtel is not wonderful, but it sure is better than the alternative

Unregistered 11-02-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202521)
What an interesting twist of events to this Singtel vs Micron debate.

So the debate can now be closed with the summary:

Pro Singtel Camp
-Local Exposure
-No competition
-Lower Competitiveness due to local exposure
-Stable Job
-Thinks Singaporeans cannot drive legally overseas because of RHD/LHD difference
-Thinks female colleagues are for scoring
-Joins a company for the women

Pro Micron Camp
-Global Exposure
-Open Competition
-Higher competitiveness due to global exposure
-Comparatively less stable job
-Thinks Singaporeans can drive overseas legally with IDP
-Thinks female colleagues are teammates
-Joins a company for the work

You forgot this......

Pro singtel camp
*very loud, need to insult and spit and shout they are better

Pro Micron camp or Pro MNC camp
*very calm, use logic and facts to explain why they are better.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202553)
Engineering is a dead end job, that’s enough to sum up the debate

Singtel is not wonderful, but it sure is better than the alternative

Every job is a dead end job if you are crap.
The key is not the job, it's you. Whether you know how to reinvent your role, whether you know how to seize opportunities, whether you know when to jump ship, whether you know how to make friends, whether you know how to value add, whether you know how to present yourself etc...

Don't blame the job. Blame yourself.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 06:27 PM

tbh I rather be crap than a dumbass who spends his life on this forum

Unregistered 11-02-2022 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202554)
You forgot this......

Pro singtel camp
*very loud, need to insult and spit and shout they are better

Pro Micron camp or Pro MNC camp
*very calm, use logic and facts to explain why they are better.

calm or not calm, singtel still handsdown win

Unregistered 11-02-2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202556)
Every job is a dead end job if you are crap.
The key is not the job, it's you. Whether you know how to reinvent your role, whether you know how to seize opportunities, whether you know when to jump ship, whether you know how to make friends, whether you know how to value add, whether you know how to present yourself etc...

Don't blame the job. Blame yourself.

You clearly have no clue how undervalued engineering is compared to financial services and tech in sg

Unregistered 20-02-2022 08:48 PM

Interview Consultation for fresh graduates

Hi, need some practise and good tips on good interview skills? We offer online zoom sessions for interview training in hopes to attain your dream job!

Check out the website, "CarNic Helps!" with this link: s://carnichelps.wixsite.com/carnichelps

Unregistered 21-02-2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203868)
Hi, need some practise and good tips on good interview skills? We offer online zoom sessions for interview training in hopes to attain your dream job!

Check out the website, "CarNic Helps!" with this link: s://carnichelps.wixsite.com/carnichelps

thanks. singtel wins

Unregistered 22-02-2022 01:26 PM

American tech giants such as Amazon Web Services, Meta Platforms, Apple and Google are dangling some of the highest salaries - 39% to 56.5% more than the market median, according to tech talent platform NodeFlair

Unregistered 22-02-2022 02:16 PM

Someone needs to ban this website spammer lol

Unregistered 28-02-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198546)
Hi, would like some opinion from you guys on the job offers I have so far. The info shared is from what I can gather, not concrete.

1. Micron: Planning Engineer
- Base pay: 4K + AWS + Variable Bonus + OT (Usually plenty if ones want to do)
- The industry and the company is projected to grow
- Promotion for the first few years is fast. first promotion on avg: 1yr
- Increment: 10% normal - 20% if promoted

2. Singtel MAP
- Base Pay: 5k + Variable Bonus (2-6 months)
- The industry is saturated, growth plateaued, but they have fast-growing subsidiaries (like
NCS) which I can forever be part of.
- Promotion is slow, can't find a reference timeline. But heard they have had pay increment
freeze before
- The increments I heard are less than 20%

About me, Engineering grad but do not like the boring back-end life, hate that there are no girls also hahah. I would eventually like to transition into Banking and Finance.

Hi OP! So, which decision did you go with? I'm in a situation similar to this as well.