Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19 Batch - Are your lowering your expectations? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12512-local-uni-class-2020-covid19-batch-your-lowering-your-expectations.html)

Unregistered 29-03-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131143)
My dad is in the board of directors. I don't even have to apply early the job is promised to me. I rejected at first but they offered me 8k so I guess since now can't travel after graduation might as well start working immediately with 8k I forsee reaching 10k on year then I can go travel when covid is over.

No worries. Not always the early bird wins. The bird who have connection wins.

You're a real talent!

Unregistered 29-03-2020 02:34 PM

Dear Juniors

I was in a similar situation when I graduated, so I can fully empathized with how you are feeling. Fret not, just continue applying for jobs and do detailed research on the company ahead of each interview. People always see the downside but missed the opportunities in a crisis. Companies are hiring lesser, but it also meant that you have lesser competitors once you joined the firm. Stay tight in your first job, once you get it and I am sure you will eventually get one, and you will promote much faster than some of your seniors. Have faith and stay strong :)

Unregistered 29-03-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131144)
You're a real talent!

No la. Just assistant director only la. Will be shadowing the current senior director for few years. To learn the rope. My dad say the company need fresh young blood so no choice lo. Wanted to travel the world before start toiling work until death.

The job also very boring. Heard its just lots of meetings. Business trips. Sian.
My passion is in music not finance

Unregistered 29-03-2020 02:55 PM

offered a 5k job when i graduate in summer. :)

Unregistered 29-03-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131148)
offered a 5k job when i graduate in summer. :)

Fake le. Singapore where got summer.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131143)
My dad is in the board of directors. I don't even have to apply early the job is promised to me. I rejected at first but they offered me 8k so I guess since now can't travel after graduation might as well start working immediately with 8k I forsee reaching 10k on year then I can go travel when covid is over.

No worries. Not always the early bird wins. The bird who have connection wins.

you were born lucky, but your dad won't live so long. take care and hope you find yourself another successful dad when your current one goes!

Unregistered 29-03-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131133)
No. Still putting 4.5 minimum.

I should be paid at my marginal rate of productivity, and i still want to ask for it :(

Payment is not just about your productivity but also whether the economy allows the employer to afford that rate.

The economy at large and the ongoing pandemic don't give a damn what you as an individual think your work is worth.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131133)
No. Still putting 4.5 minimum.

I should be paid at my marginal rate of productivity, and i still want to ask for it :(

Look at you, getting upset that your degree and vast intellect is in reality worth a lot less than the adults used to tell you it was.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131163)
Look at you, getting upset that your degree and vast intellect is in reality worth a lot less than the adults used to tell you it was.

Why only 4.5k? Should be 5k la. You start at 4.5k as your starting pay. Will take you 2 years to get back to 5k. Should just demand for 5k la.

Cannot get. There are lots of other company willing to offer 5k for untested entitled fresh grad.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131169)
Why only 4.5k? Should be 5k la. You start at 4.5k as your starting pay. Will take you 2 years to get back to 5k. Should just demand for 5k la.

Cannot get. There are lots of other company willing to offer 5k for untested entitled fresh grad.

Don't jealous leh times are bad but the cream of the crop are still getting paid way above 5k. Suck on that