Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Big 4 firm rescind offers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12489-big-4-firm-rescind-offers.html)

Unregistered 06-04-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131851)
I used to be from KPMG.

Between an Audit Associate all the way to that of a Senior Manager, the general rule of thumb is that if you don't screw up, you will get promoted.

Promotion timelines are as such:
Associate to Senior Associate: 1.5 years
Senior Associate to Assistant Manager: 2 years
Assistant Manager to Manager: 1-3 years
Manager to Senior Manager: 3-5 years

You definitely needed that move to Deloitte, since you were "hentak kaki" in KPMG already, and I sincerely feel your pain!

Everyone promote to manager then who do the work? Lol

Unregistered 07-04-2020 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131859)
Everyone promote to manager then who do the work? Lol

Tons of ntu grads flocking to big 4 every year.

HelenLiu702 07-04-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130644)
Fake news. I’m in TAS but can speak for other sectors and arms. No full-time employment offer has been rescinded. Only mid-year internships are cancelled.

May I check so mid-year internship has been cancelled across all functions of the company?

Unregistered 07-04-2020 03:38 PM

Anw now customers’ place also close for audit due to circuit breaker.. so no point hiring so many new Auditors now

Unregistered 09-04-2020 12:10 PM

Are the auditing firms (big4, mid tiers etc) still hiring? Or now they freeze the hiring?

Unregistered 09-04-2020 07:34 PM

I have an offer from a big 4 and a stat board.

Given the climate, I’m leaning towards the stat board. However, I have accepted the big 4 (since it was offered much earlier than the stat board).

When should I rescind my offer from the big 4?
Due to the volatile period now, I’m afraid that the stat board might rescind their offer as well.

Is there a certain notice I must rescind the offer from the big 4 by? I do not know the starting date yet.

Pls advise thanks

Unregistered 09-04-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132025)
I have an offer from a big 4 and a stat board.

Given the climate, I’m leaning towards the stat board. However, I have accepted the big 4 (since it was offered much earlier than the stat board).

When should I rescind my offer from the big 4?
Due to the volatile period now, I’m afraid that the stat board might rescind their offer as well.

Is there a certain notice I must rescind the offer from the big 4 by? I do not know the starting date yet.

Pls advise thanks

accept the stat board. stat board unlikely to rescind as it will look very bad for the government.

you can renege on big 4 1 week before your stat board work commences. don't have to feel sorry. they rescinded many offers too.

Unregistered 11-04-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132042)
accept the stat board. stat board unlikely to rescind as it will look very bad for the government.

you can renege on big 4 1 week before your stat board work commences. don't have to feel sorry. they rescinded many offers too.

they have a long list of applciants queueing up, no scared nobody apply

Unregistered 12-04-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132129)
they have a long list of applciants queueing up, no scared nobody apply

all those suckers lol.

i didn't apply to any big 4 because they are trash. got offers from banks and accepted one.

Unregistered 15-04-2020 09:13 AM

i have always encouraged fresh grads to try out for big4. simply because i want them to not be my competitors for other higher paying roles.

people who enter the big4 have the dream of making it to partner in 9 years.

almost all of them dont make it past their 3rd year. LOL