Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   High Finance Thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11831-high-finance-thread.html)

Unregistered 23-09-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123595)
I recently got admitted into top 3 US MBA (Wharton, Harvard, Stanford) that costs SGD$250k for two years. Will definitely have to take a significant loan to attend.

I would like to ask if anyone has a similar experience and can advise on whether it will be worth it to attend if goal is to be back in Singapore to be in PE/ hedge funds, and what will be the starting remuneration of an associate then.

Thanks in advance!

Depends on your background now. In this part of the world, most funds don't have a strict MBA requirement for progression so if you already have the requisite experience to get a seat, the MBA is a waste of money. It also costs a lot more than 250k if you add in 2 years of lost income.

If you have aspirations of working in the US, then it makes more sense. On comp, the range is quite large. Megafund PE would be US$250K-300K all-in, mid-mkt PE will be slightly to significantly lower.

Unregistered 24-09-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123587)
Oh really? Now i feel i am underpaid lol. Currently i work as quant analyst/developer for a medium sized global AM. Total 10 years of experience working as software engineer for BB IB but this is my first FO role thought. How much is the market rate given my exp?

Bump. Anybody?

Unregistered 20-10-2019 08:06 AM

Bg/sblc

We can deliver financial services instrument(BG/SBLC/MTN/DLC/LC) at affordable price to our customers in other to derive maximum utility. We understand that finding the right company to provide financial instrument is not easy. We are certified financial company that delivers banking instrument for lease which we adhere to our terms and condition. Over 96% of our clients are satisfied with our work whether it is business or financial service.

I am the sole (Direct) mandate to several genuine efficient providers for lease/sales BG/ SBLC and other financial instruments, at reasonable prices, Issuance by top AAA rated Bank in Europe.Presently, we focus on BG/SBLC for Lease and Sale transactions

Once transaction is in progress, we 0we keep you posted on the progress of your paper. We also get you connected to the provider for personalized service. Instead of stressing yourself out looking for financial instrument or company why not let professional like us deliver financial instrument to you within the time frame required by you.

For further details contact us with the below information....

Contact Email: [email protected]

skype;info.amicusfinance

Unregistered 21-12-2019 10:36 PM

How feasible is it to lateral to a MF? Currently in a midsize PE (<1bil), non-IB, <5yr exp.

Unregistered 18-02-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127423)
How feasible is it to lateral to a MF? Currently in a midsize PE (<1bil), non-IB, <5yr exp.

What role in MF?

Unregistered 05-03-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123322)
the firm is on fund 2 now. 3 yrs out of undergrad and no mba (don't plan to).

Think its pretty decent. Even when you look at postings on mycareersfuture by KKR/warburg they put 8/9k base for analysts

Unregistered 23-04-2020 09:30 AM

Is there a big diff in pay between long-only AM vs HF?

Unregistered 23-04-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123650)
Bump. Anybody?

10 years YOE in IB, I believe you can get your basic up to 180k. Bonus is bonus, they can modify it how they want.

Just for comparison, fresh grad in normal banking is getting 5.5 to 6k a month for SWE. 5 years YOE probably looking around 10k. If you bump in the IB factor you can be looking at a 15 to 25% premium.

Unregistered 24-04-2020 04:00 AM

Honest opinion guys.

I’m from a STEM background, did my undergrad in 2018. Jumped straight into finance through a generic MA program with the local banks eventually being funneled to tech side specializing in writing basic scripts that are MT4/MT5 compatible.

Wanted to break into quant roles so I jumped ship to a small family office in SG early this year. I was promised an algo-trading role but ended up my job tasking only require fixing stupid #REF errors on my boss’ spreadsheets.

Should I tender my resignation now and enroll into a target MBA (my GRE: 160 verbal 163 quant ) and try to land myself a gig with BB or should I just blindly fire PMs to BB recruiters on LinkedIn?

Unregistered 24-04-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132670)
Honest opinion guys.

I’m from a STEM background, did my undergrad in 2018. Jumped straight into finance through a generic MA program with the local banks eventually being funneled to tech side specializing in writing basic scripts that are MT4/MT5 compatible.

Wanted to break into quant roles so I jumped ship to a small family office in SG early this year. I was promised an algo-trading role but ended up my job tasking only require fixing stupid #REF errors on my boss’ spreadsheets.

Should I tender my resignation now and enroll into a target MBA (my GRE: 160 verbal 163 quant ) and try to land myself a gig with BB or should I just blindly fire PMs to BB recruiters on LinkedIn?

It’s going to be difficult as there are very few post-MBA BB schemes in Singapore.. Most companies hiring post-mba students here are consulting firms or wannabe startups. Having said that, you can try the local banks like DBS.

I work in a BB and the last thing you want is to cold call recruiters cos most of them are swamped (BBs have much smaller headcounts than local banks) sorting the many applicants who have worked in other BBs. Just hiring for one normal job takes so long cos they are so slow.