Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   High Finance Thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11831-high-finance-thread.html)

Unregistered 22-10-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187491)
That's how BB FO roles are filled through campus recruitments. If you are applying on the banks' online portal, you're doing it wrong. There are hundreds of applicants per role. If you do not have the 5 criteria and meet the recruiters face-to-face which private unis and their grads clearly don't, you have 0 chance.

Apparently BB FO roles are filled with CECAs, so you're better off getting into their network than to spam applications on their job portals.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 04:38 PM

I'm in s&t and just got promoted to associate. 70% increment on base. Not a BB.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187526)
I'm in s&t and just got promoted to associate. 70% increment on base. Not a BB.

Able to share more details on what your role is and how long you have worked?

70% increment on base salary is crazy if you are jumping ship, let alone promotion.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187528)
Able to share more details on what your role is and how long you have worked?

70% increment on base salary is crazy if you are jumping ship, let alone promotion.

It's possible maybe if you jump from say SMBC or Mizuho to BB. The base is much crappier at those jap banks.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187517)
Apparently BB FO roles are filled with CECAs, so you're better off getting into their network than to spam applications on their job portals.

That's true for upper management but for juniors, BBs hires local graduates from the big 3. You can see on Linkedin. MAS places pressure on financial firms to grow their singapore core as it's one of the obligations of MAS as a regulator.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187531)
It's possible maybe if you jump from say SMBC or Mizuho to BB. The base is much crappier at those jap banks.

Fair enough, i got a 50% pay increment after i left MUFG.

F**k japanese banks.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187534)
That's true for upper management but for juniors, BBs hires local graduates from the big 3. You can see on Linkedin. MAS places pressure on financial firms to grow their singapore core as it's one of the obligations of MAS as a regulator.

That's the thing. Singaporeans are at the mercy of CECAs unless you join them and become part of their elitist clique so that you can earn more $$.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 05:18 PM

Has anyone else noticed the trend of SIM, SUSS, other private unis grads paying 1 or 2k joing NTU Minimasters' program? I noticed that they're all quite eager to replace their schools with NTU's brand on their Linkedin profiles.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187537)
Has anyone else noticed the trend of SIM, SUSS, other private unis grads paying 1 or 2k joing NTU Minimasters' program? I noticed that they're all quite eager to replace their schools with NTU's brand on their Linkedin profiles.

Yes but it's a minimasters. They can't upgrade to NTU masters unless they go through the same process as MBA candidates and actually being accepted. The minimasters has no interview, it's just like an online udemy course.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187534)

It's true there are local grad hires. Which local uni matters not as much as the ability to get yourself in front of the hiring managers for the interview. That means either you have to have the relevant internship experience and/or ways to show your keen interest in the industry for you to have things to talk about and the bosses to ask you questions about. Or you have well-connected parents or friends in the industry to get you in the door for the chance to meet the hiring managers. Otherwise, there are just way too many people applying for the bosses to even consider talking to.