Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   High Finance Thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11831-high-finance-thread.html)

Unregistered 26-10-2023 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252686)
How is BNP Paribas investment banking?

dont worry they dont hire Unisim people like u

Unregistered 30-10-2023 10:19 AM

uol fch here, what's the easiest way to pivot into high finance? I'm willing to settle for 10k-15k/mth

Unregistered 26-11-2023 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259241)
uol fch here, what's the easiest way to pivot into high finance? I'm willing to settle for 10k-15k/mth

UOL? I guess the only way is if u chiobu, can apply for wealth mgmt roles. Show abit to cheeko clients, easy 15k

Unregistered 26-11-2023 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261490)
UOL? I guess the only way is if u chiobu, can apply for wealth mgmt roles. Show abit to cheeko clients, easy 15k

Lol

I’ll get cancelled for asking this in real life - is it really a thing that pretty girls get advantage in corporate world? Surely those professional adults aren’t like teenage boys?

Unregistered 26-11-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261492)
Lol

I’ll get cancelled for asking this in real life - is it really a thing that pretty girls get advantage in corporate world? Surely those professional adults aren’t like teenage boys?

No one will say they have advantage as it not a PC thing to say. Just observe when u enter workforce and u will have ur answer 🙂

It is super obvious in non-technical roles like sales

Unregistered 26-11-2023 12:56 PM

Quote:

Lol

Of course. Looking good always have an advantage. If u are the boss, would you rather hire and fresh grad that looks good or below average?

Unregistered 26-11-2023 08:16 PM

Quote:

Lol

in wealth management or private banking or any sales roles, those rich clients are more likely to give business to pretty girls rather than men.

if they bring in much more money, know how to flirt their way with bosses, they can definitely promote really fast.

not to mention many of these pretty girls sleep with their male bosses or influential male persons to move up fast.

unfortunate for you men, life is unfair...

Unregistered 27-11-2023 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261544)
in wealth management or private banking or any sales roles, those rich clients are more likely to give business to pretty girls rather than men.

if they bring in much more money, know how to flirt their way with bosses, they can definitely promote really fast.

not to mention many of these pretty girls sleep with their male bosses or influential male persons to move up fast.

unfortunate for you men, life is unfair...

Hehe lucky I chose to be quant dev

Not that boss wont prefer chiobu given equal skill, but at least they cant pass interview

Unregistered 28-11-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261696)
Hehe lucky I chose to be quant dev

Not that boss wont prefer chiobu given equal skill, but at least they cant pass interview

but i get to see syt everyday so im happy im not quant dev but a shuai ger

Unregistered 28-11-2023 07:46 PM

Quote:

Lol

Yes. those in non-technical roles are mostly pretty girls. They usually get promoted very quickly. We all know they sleep with their boss behind the scenes.