Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   High Finance Thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11831-high-finance-thread.html)

Unregistered 27-02-2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241185)
Received Offer for MAS Summer internship. Can't wait to join you high finance peeps, Anyone have advice for getting conversion to a FT Analyst role?

Lp in Ministry of finance, must be high high finance

Unregistered 27-02-2023 08:51 PM

Quote:

Received Offer for MAS Summer internship. Can't wait to join you high finance peeps, Anyone have advice for getting conversion to a FT Analyst role?

Hi, only if you're in MAS operations will you be tagged as high finance. Otherwise, please f off, thanks.

Unregistered 28-02-2023 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236790)
Its not even remotely close to ER. Portfolio analysts are there to manage the asset allocation of unsophisticated dumb ****s who are too braindead to buy index funds and would rather pay higher fees for worse performance. At least ER caters to 'sophisticated' institutional clients.

No institution worth their salt would take advice from an ER.

Unregistered 01-03-2023 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241266)
Hi, only if you're in MAS operations will you be tagged as high finance. Otherwise, please f off, thanks.

Hi, was allocated to a team focusing on esg project, not sure there are operations role in MAS as summer interns are taken in on a project basis? Nevertheless would appreciate any advice to do well and convert to be part of the high finance landscape in SG!

Unregistered 01-03-2023 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241266)

Hi I'm from micron, am I high finance?

Unregistered 01-03-2023 11:32 PM

Hi i am from grabfood, am i high finance?

Unregistered 02-03-2023 05:48 PM

I use python script to process trading transaction in high frequency. AMA, I'm a HFT staff.

Unregistered 02-03-2023 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241461)
I use python script to process trading transaction in high frequency. AMA, I'm a HFT staff.

i use handphone to process customer orders and bicycle to deliver customer food. So brother, my question to you is...................

...am i high finance?

Unregistered 02-03-2023 10:06 PM

Quote:

Hi I'm the poster here, this is actually my very first finance internship so looking for earnest advice.

Unregistered 02-03-2023 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241474)
Hi I'm the poster here, this is actually my very first finance internship so looking for earnest advice.

Hey it's me, your friendly neighborhood grab driver. My advice is what you want to look out for is not first finance but high finance, very important key difference...