Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11693-mid-year-civil-servant-bonus-2019-a.html)

Unregistered 18-06-2020 05:49 PM

0 months bonus sad

Unregistered 18-06-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138762)
This is quite tragic. Think many civil and public servants have been working OT and weekends since march or april due to COVID. Some have not taken a single day off work since a few mths back. How will this affect morale?

Not happy just quit la. See you can find another job easily not...

Unregistered 18-06-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138776)
Not happy just quit la. See you can find another job easily not...

Agreed. It’s a employer market now. Ask you work 24/7 without bonus you also lan lan. If you leave someone else will be happy to take the job.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

This is quite tragic. Think many civil and public servants have been working OT and weekends since march or april due to COVID. Some have not taken a single day off work since a few mths back. How will this affect morale?

Should be thankful there is no pay cut and still have job.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 06:17 PM

All the private sector people here who unjustly say we jiak liao bee must be gloating now. I no money to pay for my chronic disease treatments. Wait to die liao

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher 18-06-2020 06:19 PM

Albeit it will sadden some fellow CS, but I think this is to be expected. Bonus or not, pay cut or not, we will still continue to put in our best for the country. I know I will.

Anyone else who wants to take a swipe at Civil Service, hope you at least recognise the work that has been done, and will continue to be done.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher (Post 138780)
Albeit it will sadden some fellow CS, but I think this is to be expected. Bonus or not, pay cut or not, we will still continue to put in our best for the country. I know I will.

Anyone else who wants to take a swipe at Civil Service, hope you at least recognise the work that has been done, and will continue to be done.

Well said and 100% with you on this

Unregistered 18-06-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138784)
Well said and 100% with you on this

why civil servant belive they deserve bonus le? whyen the rest of the world inclufing bank and private sector all wage freeze and lay off etc..

if civil servant still get bonus in this climate... means opposition will say gahmen corrupt.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 06:52 PM

I think politically it is untenable to give civil servants bonus.
Will lose good will of the many citizens

Unregistered 18-06-2020 07:06 PM

Im thankful no pay cut.. hopefully economy recover soon and dec will be slightly better time for us..

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher 18-06-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138786)
why civil servant belive they deserve bonus le? whyen the rest of the world inclufing bank and private sector all wage freeze and lay off etc..

if civil servant still get bonus in this climate... means opposition will say gahmen corrupt.

Nobody is saying they deserve the bonus. Let's say a farmer has a hen. The hen has been laying good amount of eggs. The farmer is happy. When the hen is sick, the eggs are lesser. The farmer is sad. Does the farmer deserve the eggs? That is a moot question. But the farmer definitely will be sad because the output is lesser. But of course still relieved that the hen is alive.

Similarly, the question of whether Civil servants 'deserve' the bonus or not is moot. It is pointless to argue whether do they absolutely deserve the bonus, or absolutely do not deserve the bonus. It is a matter of emotions, and people are free to express them. One will naturally feel sad when good things do not happen. It does not mean that one has no logic or feels that they 'deserve' the bonus. I can feel sad and still agree with the logic that not getting the bonus is to be expected.

So to sum up, this is not a matter of logic and reasoning.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 08:27 PM

Any idea how’s the bonus like for local banks, foreign banks and MNCs?

Unregistered 18-06-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

why work non stop... smart abit la.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138707)
Is always a friday evening release la dont be cock and camp today

Says a cock. Lol

Unregistered 18-06-2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138787)
I think politically it is untenable to give civil servants bonus.
Will lose good will of the many citizens

Unpopular opinion here, but as an ordinary citizen i personally think now is a good time to mete out bonuses to our public servants, because they are working the hardest. Even if they are not on the front lines like healthcare workers, i know a lot of civil servants who are serving the covid19 cause by doing extra social distance ambassadorial work for instance. While it may not apply across ALL civil servants, it's to be expected they are doing a lot of work behind the scenes for us in line with all the covid19-related changes like policy reformulation, implementation of new legislation etc.

Keep up the good work and morale, civil servants.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher (Post 138790)
Nobody is saying they deserve the bonus. Let's say a farmer has a hen. The hen has been laying good amount of eggs. The farmer is happy. When the hen is sick, the eggs are lesser. The farmer is sad. Does the farmer deserve the eggs? That is a moot question. But the farmer definitely will be sad because the output is lesser. But of course still relieved that the hen is alive.

Similarly, the question of whether Civil servants 'deserve' the bonus or not is moot. It is pointless to argue whether do they absolutely deserve the bonus, or absolutely do not deserve the bonus. It is a matter of emotions, and people are free to express them. One will naturally feel sad when good things do not happen. It does not mean that one has no logic or feels that they 'deserve' the bonus. I can feel sad and still agree with the logic that not getting the bonus is to be expected.

So to sum up, this is not a matter of logic and reasoning.

uses an analogy
analogy doesn't make sense
concludes with ''it is not a matter of logic and reasoning''

welcome to primary school teachers, ah i miss them

Unregistered 19-06-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138828)
Unpopular opinion here, but as an ordinary citizen i personally think now is a good time to mete out bonuses to our public servants, because they are working the hardest. Even if they are not on the front lines like healthcare workers, i know a lot of civil servants who are serving the covid19 cause by doing extra social distance ambassadorial work for instance. While it may not apply across ALL civil servants, it's to be expected they are doing a lot of work behind the scenes for us in line with all the covid19-related changes like policy reformulation, implementation of new legislation etc.

Keep up the good work and morale, civil servants.

Thank you for understanding. Even those who aren't sent out are working double hard covering for those who are. The public service has remained largely operational because of the work of those who have worked hard (from home or otherwise) throughout this entire period. While I saw many private sector friends baking and making dalgona coffee while "working from home", most of us were so swamped (though we worked from home too) we could hardly breathe. I just finished work at 11pm today, which has been very common lately. Your support means a lot, at least to me!

Unregistered 19-06-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138846)
Thank you for understanding. Even those who aren't sent out are working double hard covering for those who are. The public service has remained largely operational because of the work of those who have worked hard (from home or otherwise) throughout this entire period. While I saw many private sector friends baking and making dalgona coffee while "working from home", most of us were so swamped (though we worked from home too) we could hardly breathe. I just finished work at 11pm today, which has been very common lately. Your support means a lot, at least to me!

Im in civil service too, but from my observations we are swamped not because we are working doubly hard, but because there are so many red tapes that are even harder to work through by not being in the office. So it's busier due to self-imposed obstacles.

Unregistered 19-06-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138875)
Im in civil service too, but from my observations we are swamped not because we are working doubly hard, but because there are so many red tapes that are even harder to work through by not being in the office. So it's busier due to self-imposed obstacles.

Indeed, discounting the red tapes and bureaucratic processes, it's doubtful how much "actual work" is done.

Unregistered 19-06-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138904)
Indeed, discounting the red tapes and bureaucratic processes, it's doubtful how much "actual work" is done.

so much hate, really representative of private sector people

Unregistered 19-06-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138875)

not sure which agency you're from, but my agency is doing very well at wfh and it hasnt imposed any obstacles on us. In fact, wfh has allowed us to do away with some of these obstacles (which are ironically more present in office environment due to proximity with our higher ups) as we are left to our own devices.

Breaking the red tape also feels a lot easier with wfh as it feels like my higher-ups are a lot more "lenient" online as we all close one eye and try to support each other in these extraordinary times. That said, it means our workloads arent reduced, they are the same/if not more, having to deal with all these up and coming covid-related legislation.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138950)

Agreed, and in other forums gloat over public service not having bonuses, the 'i-die-you-also-must-die' mentality. SMH.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 07:15 AM

To be honest, all their salary and bonuses came from tax payers money. If economy bad, they should suffer together with all the other workers in Sg. They are suppose to serve the nation. Its not purely about the dollars and cents anymore. This is a good time to sieve out the jiak liao bee from those that really want to serve

Unregistered 20-06-2020 08:10 AM

To many, this is just another job, a career, to feed their family. Just like voluntary welfare organisations, why do they need to pay their staff a salary if you expect them to be sincere about serving, about volunteering? Those JLBs that skive and not serious about work, even a pay cut won't be able to sieve them out... they know for sure they can't really survive out there, and that this pay cut will only be temporary so they will just work the bare minimum to keep their job.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139043)
To be honest, all their salary and bonuses came from tax payers money. If economy bad, they should suffer together with all the other workers in Sg. They are suppose to serve the nation. Its not purely about the dollars and cents anymore. This is a good time to sieve out the jiak liao bee from those that really want to serve

Unregistered 20-06-2020 08:23 AM

Wait for ereccctionn duties to get some monehhb

Unregistered 20-06-2020 10:13 AM

Quite spot on in your 'i die u also must die' comment. I guess that's the mentality of some low mentality folks. Luckily there isn't any paycut for those below superscale. The zero mid year bonus is totally expected and fortunately, it won't hurt much for most of us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139042)
Agreed, and in other forums gloat over public service not having bonuses, the 'i-die-you-also-must-die' mentality. SMH.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:04 AM

I'm not 100% sure, but I think election officials don't get paid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139047)
Wait for ereccctionn duties to get some monehhb

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139068)
I'm not 100% sure, but I think election officials don't get paid.

Goes to show u never do ereccctionn duty before...

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:10 AM

Yeah, I haven't. Good to know there's some compensation for the time spent, then.

But it's also probably a token amount that's nowhere near their actually daily wage, right? Can correct me if I'm wrong again. 😂

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139069)
Goes to show u never do ereccctionn duty before...

Unregistered 20-06-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138950)

I'm from public service so you're mistaken.

Unregistered 21-06-2020 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139100)
I'm from public service so you're mistaken.

you're a piece of sh!t

Unregistered 08-07-2020 11:35 PM

Just curious. Will the 0.1 / 0 bonus affect your behaviour come Friday?

Unregistered 09-07-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141359)
Just curious. Will the 0.1 / 0 bonus affect your behaviour come Friday?

no. but double standards, gutter politics will.

Unregistered 10-07-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139168)
you're a piece of sh!t

Someone got off the wrong side of the bed this morning~

Unregistered 13-07-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141370)
no. but double standards, gutter politics will.

We did it. Sengkang did it!!

Unregistered 13-07-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141595)
We did it. Sengkang did it!!

I am all for opposition voices in Parliament but I cannot in good conscience support western progressive liberalism that at least one of the Sengkang team is very big on. Would have spoiled my vote if I was in SK because of this.

Unregistered 14-07-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141604)
I am all for opposition voices in Parliament but I cannot in good conscience support western progressive liberalism that at least one of the Sengkang team is very big on. Would have spoiled my vote if I was in SK because of this.

sorry did anyone ask you for your opinion? am from sengkang and proud of my vote. comment on your own constituency pls.

Unregistered 15-07-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141739)
sorry did anyone ask you for your opinion? am from sengkang and proud of my vote. comment on your own constituency pls.

1. You obviously have not thought through the implications of supporting a progressive liberal.
2. No one asked for you opinion either! What a stupid attack! If you use something as an attack then better check if it applies to yourself as well please!

Your illogic is mind-blowing! No wonder all the young punks like you who drive E-scooters and blast ugly thumping music voted as you did!

Unregistered 15-07-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141741)
1. You obviously have not thought through the implications of supporting a progressive liberal.
2. No one asked for you opinion either! What a stupid attack! If you use something as an attack then better check if it applies to yourself as well please!

Your illogic is mind-blowing! No wonder all the young punks like you who drive E-scooters and blast ugly thumping music voted as you did!

pappie dog woof woof where is ah meng the monkey

Unregistered 16-07-2020 06:06 PM

The 3 on the SK team are ok. One of them is problematic.

I voted for opp but what the earlier poster said is right. The West is crumbling with their liberal progressive movement and the supposed victims are the biggest aggressors. It's best that we avoid this path.