Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Engineer Pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10542-engineer-pay.html)

Unregistered 08-05-2021 07:53 PM

I want to be a process engineer but I am a fresh grad doing something not related to process. How to become a PE? How to get the experience? Job descriptions state that need at least 5 years experience.

Unregistered 23-05-2021 09:33 AM

What are the higher paying jobs a EEE grad should do?

Unregistered 23-05-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170091)

What experience do you have?

Unregistered 23-05-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168105)
I want to be a process engineer but I am a fresh grad doing something not related to process. How to become a PE? How to get the experience? Job descriptions state that need at least 5 years experience.

Are you trying to enter a MNC? 5 years experience in Process engineering send like a Senior engineer 1 or engineer 2 position.

Unregistered 23-05-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170101)
What experience do you have?

Going to grad soon, no experience yet. not sure which field to enter

Unregistered 23-05-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170136)
Going to grad soon, no experience yet. not sure which field to enter

Get yourself a job first. Then start looking at the big MNC factories.

jn1014 23-05-2021 10:11 PM

I’m planning to switch careers to the civil engineering field and am aiming to be a professional engineer (civil). I was hoping to get some advice as I’m in a dilemma as to which organisation to join.

For context, I’m bonded to the Government and have been offered jobs in the engineering teams at LTA and JTC. Both jobs offer in-house design experience: The LTA job involves the detailed design of an MRT station while the JTC job involves the design of infrastructure (roads, sewers and drains). Both jobs also require me to review design submissions from the consultants for other non-in-house design projects.

I’m currently leaning towards JTC because (I) there are more opportunities for private sector attachments to consultancies, (II) the organisation culture is less hierarchical (based on what I’ve heard), (III) there are more in house design projects available, although the design involved is less technical compared to MRT stations.

However, I’m concerned that the design of drains, sewers and roads would not be sufficient experience for me to qualify as a Professional Engineer, which is the aim of my career switch. Hence, I was hoping to get some advice from people in the industry on this as well as your opinion on which would be a better organisation to join. Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 24-05-2021 03:18 PM

Can anyone share experience and salary progression of pharmaceutical companies like GSK or Pfizer?

Budding chemical engineer graduate here.

Unregistered 24-05-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170284)
Can anyone share experience and salary progression of pharmaceutical companies like GSK or Pfizer?

Budding chemical engineer graduate here.

ever thought of joining finance? like oil analyst?

Unregistered 25-05-2021 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170091)

Switch fields