Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 04-07-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176605)
No such things, here I got 1 contract swe converted to permanent after 1 year and promoted at the same time, worst thing is I don't think the swe is performing well at all.

May be this swe good at licking his RO boot!

Unregistered 04-07-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176631)
May be this swe good at licking his RO boot!

People get promoted means lick boots?

Can be that this SWE knew how to manage expectations and understood how to properly break down complex delivery work and programming into basic layman terms so that his bosses and users would understand.

Not everyone in management or upper management knows technical stuff. They would appreciate it most if SWE can bring them step by step. Rather than SWE who keep their heads down and code non-stop everyday and never report any progress or bother explaining in simpler terms what they are doing. Seen that happen countless of times and everyone who did that DID NOT GET PROMOTED.

Unregistered 04-07-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176606)
Of cuz join banks la, banks pay so much more, diff can let you retire at early 40+, why not?

Somemore u farmer not scholar, ppl do less work still can get promote faster than you. song bo

Back office in banks leh…. Nowadays people can even outsource that lol

Unregistered 04-07-2021 11:44 AM

offer

will govtech offer base on working experience , last drawn or current job market rate?

asking this because I feel my current drawn is lowballed. As I talked to a few of my classmate and also know came to know now fresh grade are drawing quite a sum now.

Unregistered 04-07-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176644)
will govtech offer base on working experience , last drawn or current job market rate?

asking this because I feel my current drawn is lowballed. As I talked to a few of my classmate and also know came to know now fresh grade are drawing quite a sum now.

I think they do take in based on market rate. Is your current 5ish something? Or how many years exp do you have

Unregistered 04-07-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176654)
I think they do take in based on market rate. Is your current 5ish something? Or how many years exp do you have

4ish...6+ years relevant experience, how much I should expect?

Unregistered 04-07-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176690)

What role did u applied for?

Unregistered 04-07-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176637)
Back office in banks leh…. Nowadays people can even outsource that lol

Those that can be outsourced alr outsourced. Now mostly roles that require SG presence and delivering projects.

Unregistered 04-07-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176690)

Do you mean u are currently drawing 4ish? I think depends which part of GT. If non tech role prolly 6k?

Unregistered 04-07-2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176718)
Do you mean u are currently drawing 4ish? I think depends which part of GT. If non tech role prolly 6k?

Deployed to ministry. tech role.