Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224596)
depends on alot of things and depends on the classification of data -> for confidential systems, well once u are in u will know. we dont take security lightly haha. hence, yes we usually access our prod systems on our mac as well. (after like 10-15 layers of security/vpn/mfa etc.)

is it true that some depts in govtech (e.g. ogp) don't have to follow im8?

Unregistered 06-07-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224664)
is it true that some depts in govtech (e.g. ogp) don't have to follow im8?

There is no "some" to speak of. It is only OGP that don't have to follow IM8, or for the matter, all the other IMs

Unregistered 07-07-2022 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224674)
There is no "some" to speak of. It is only OGP that don't have to follow IM8, or for the matter, all the other IMs

is there a rationale for this and why isn't this made more transparent? can other agencies apply to not follow IM as well?

Unregistered 07-07-2022 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224702)
is there a rationale for this and why isn't this made more transparent? can other agencies apply to not follow IM as well?

lol u find someone with the right surname then come talk lor. ill buy the popcorn

Unregistered 07-07-2022 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224223)
15yr yoe but accessed to be engineer level only.
Was offered 7k only.

your last drawn lower than 7k ?

if anyone kena pay cut before by govtech ?
such as your last draw is 12-14k x 12mth but they cannot match so they jiaowei say they pay u 10k x 15mth like that ?

Unregistered 07-07-2022 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224709)
your last drawn lower than 7k ?

if anyone kena pay cut before by govtech ?
such as your last draw is 12-14k x 12mth but they cannot match so they jiaowei say they pay u 10k x 15mth like that ?

Got base pay cut, but total comp was definitely good enough(at least 30%) so that was fine with me.

Unregistered 07-07-2022 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224702)

Official reason: they are sandbox team that tries new practices and propagate to rest of gov

Actual reason: they have the right D

Unregistered 07-07-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224711)
Official reason: they are sandbox team that tries new practices and propagate to rest of gov

Actual reason: they have the right D

so what new practices were propagated to the rest of gov after 3 years of existence?

Unregistered8888 07-07-2022 04:33 PM

I have 15 YOE and GovTech recruiter approached me for an Agile PM role.
I said agile was new to me as I was a newly minted CSM in 2020.
He says "its ok - the WOG is moving towards agile! But we need your to take an online test.. If the results are good we will hire you as a perm but if not good we might only offer you a contract role. Benefits wise no difference"
So I took the test and I failed (LOL) got ghosted for like 2 weeks which I thought ok la maybe they not keen and that was when GovTech called me back to say "Ok - we like to offer your but it will be on contract." Also, Salary wise we cannot match your expected but will be happy to match your current.

No prize to guessing what I told the recruiter

Unregistered 07-07-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered8888 (Post 224751)
I have 15 YOE and GovTech recruiter approached me for an Agile PM role.
I said agile was new to me as I was a newly minted CSM in 2020.
He says "its ok - the WOG is moving towards agile! But we need your to take an online test.. If the results are good we will hire you as a perm but if not good we might only offer you a contract role. Benefits wise no difference"
So I took the test and I failed (LOL) got ghosted for like 2 weeks which I thought ok la maybe they not keen and that was when GovTech called me back to say "Ok - we like to offer your but it will be on contract." Also, Salary wise we cannot match your expected but will be happy to match your current.

No prize to guessing what I told the recruiter

you hire under recruiter or govtech? probably recruiter eat up your portion!