Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175806)
Think about it, if you had started at govtech since graduation instead of going where you went, you would have bypassed that paygrade long ago.

In the company i worked for, i always see people coming in with large increments but still lower than if they would have started here since graduation. Eg. A 2 year exp person came in as fresh grad title with just $90 increment. This is at least a 30% plus increment for her already. She stayed for another 2 years before leaving as she couldnt get promoted. Typically it only takes 2 years to promote above fresh grad level. And that is a 60% increment. So you can tell how much she is missing out.

oh.. for me its a total career switch so i guess what you mentioned don't matter. im not academically inclined person to begin with. im more skills centric - so if the competition is on the local uni/private uni grads i lose out for sure. i am just a product person who is mainly positive throughout my life and see life more than just about grades/monies.

Unregistered 28-06-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175799)
Actually not lowballed. Its a 70% increment. That’s why i wouldnt mind

Wow, that is impressive increment man, jump from 3.4k to 5.8k?

Unregistered 28-06-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175769)
When you join a company you just want to get a contract role? Or you want to build up your career in the company?

Full time may be worst but seriously you get other perks such as medical etc, and most importantly you get career progression. Whereas as contract staff you want to every end of year re-negotiate for another year of contract?

I thought now all min/sb is contract basis (at least at the first instance).
Where got permanent

Unregistered 29-06-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175869)
Wow, that is impressive increment man, jump from 3.4k to 5.8k?

yep around that range.

Unregistered 30-06-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175769)
When you join a company you just want to get a contract role? Or you want to build up your career in the company?

Full time may be worst but seriously you get other perks such as medical etc, and most importantly you get career progression. Whereas as contract staff you want to every end of year re-negotiate for another year of contract?

whatever u mentioned is the same.. for perm or direct contract.. this also includes promotion but rare.. as the contract usually just 1 or 2 years..

Unregistered 30-06-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175789)
Nope. Most are given fulltime perm roles with career progression. Contract roles in tech are in place because companies want to assign you to a IT project directly or they dont foresee the need for your skillset after a particular phase in delivery. Plus in govtech they usually give fulltime perm to people who they think are able to move up in civil service and apparently you are deemed as someone who should just be a temp worker. Congrats on that. If you dont mind, just go for it. It is good money after all. After 1 year then decide again on where you want to take up another contract next. Some people love the contract/lowballed life.

assuming u r with GT, i hope u remember what CE said in May, every 1 in 2 is contracted before converted to perm. Also, u should go and see SVC, GIG, and GDS sides... how many on the contract...

if you are not from GT, then don assumed :)

Unregistered 30-06-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175965)
yep around that range.

if you don mind to share, what niche skills you have ah?

Unregistered 30-06-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176065)
if you don mind to share, what niche skills you have ah?

cloud computing in specific product which is upcoming now

Unregistered 30-06-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176063)
assuming u r with GT, i hope u remember what CE said in May, every 1 in 2 is contracted before converted to perm. Also, u should go and see SVC, GIG, and GDS sides... how many on the contract...

if you are not from GT, then don assumed :)

Hi, I not OP but keen to join Govtech, looking for opportunity now (technical role).
Can check with you Govtech now offer only contract?

Unregistered 30-06-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176075)
cloud computing in specific product which is upcoming now

well done
singaporeans still dont want to do technical skills like these thinking it is low class
these type of skills are very very well paid and helps you move up the career chain very fast
locals still prefer joining back office in banks