Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/6104-cad-commercial-affairs-department.html)

Beezbobz 05-11-2015 01:56 AM

CAD (Commercial Affairs Department)

Hi all! Does anyone have any clue on how the recruitment process is like? How long does it usually take for them to notify you on the interview? Also, is it true that this role requires accounting background?

Thanks!

Unregistered 09-11-2015 11:19 AM

I was offered last year. I do not have an accounting background but many people who turned up in the interviews did. The most common profile was big four auditors with 2-4 years exp. The CAD website states which backgrounds they consider acceptable. I applied in April, attended a pre-interview session in July, an assessment session in late July and a formal interview in early August. Was offered in September... Pay wise, 3.5k++ for fresh grad. Cheers.

Unregistered 09-11-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74855)
I was offered last year. I do not have an accounting background but many people who turned up in the interviews did. The most common profile was big four auditors with 2-4 years exp. The CAD website states which backgrounds they consider acceptable. I applied in April, attended a pre-interview session in July, an assessment session in late July and a formal interview in early August. Was offered in September... Pay wise, 3.5k++ for fresh grad. Cheers.

Did you take up the offer in the end? If so, how's the working environment at CAD? Were the interview questions tough?

Unregistered 09-11-2015 06:56 PM

Went for the pre-interview but felt that the job scope wasn't for me, but they are very open about their job and what it entails. There will be opportunities for you to ask questions during the session - and use it. For the interviews, my advice is to get a good idea of why YOU want the job :)

- S

Unregistered 10-11-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74855)

Thanks for the reply!

That's a very long wait! How long did they take to first call you up? I applied last month and my status on the website has changed to shortlisted but I have not received any information from them yet.

Do you have any prior working experience too?

Unregistered 24-11-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74891)
Thanks for the reply!

That's a very long wait! How long did they take to first call you up? I applied last month and my status on the website has changed to shortlisted but I have not received any information from them yet.

Do you have any prior working experience too?

Have you received any information from them yet?

Unregistered 26-11-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75784)
Have you received any information from them yet?

Not at all. With no email or any contacts, I can't ask them for updates too. Anyone received any information yet?

Unregistered 26-11-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75914)
Not at all. With no email or any contacts, I can't ask them for updates too. Anyone received any information yet?

May I know what's your class of hons? yeah i havent received any info too.

Unregistered 26-11-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75915)
May I know what's your class of hons? yeah i havent received any info too.

Second lower from local uni. What about you?

Unregistered 30-11-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75924)
Second lower from local uni. What about you?

Same here, still no news