Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/6104-cad-commercial-affairs-department.html)

Beezbobz 05-11-2015 01:56 AM

CAD (Commercial Affairs Department)

Hi all! Does anyone have any clue on how the recruitment process is like? How long does it usually take for them to notify you on the interview? Also, is it true that this role requires accounting background?

Thanks!

Unregistered 09-11-2015 11:19 AM

I was offered last year. I do not have an accounting background but many people who turned up in the interviews did. The most common profile was big four auditors with 2-4 years exp. The CAD website states which backgrounds they consider acceptable. I applied in April, attended a pre-interview session in July, an assessment session in late July and a formal interview in early August. Was offered in September... Pay wise, 3.5k++ for fresh grad. Cheers.

Unregistered 09-11-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74855)
I was offered last year. I do not have an accounting background but many people who turned up in the interviews did. The most common profile was big four auditors with 2-4 years exp. The CAD website states which backgrounds they consider acceptable. I applied in April, attended a pre-interview session in July, an assessment session in late July and a formal interview in early August. Was offered in September... Pay wise, 3.5k++ for fresh grad. Cheers.

Did you take up the offer in the end? If so, how's the working environment at CAD? Were the interview questions tough?

Unregistered 09-11-2015 06:56 PM

Went for the pre-interview but felt that the job scope wasn't for me, but they are very open about their job and what it entails. There will be opportunities for you to ask questions during the session - and use it. For the interviews, my advice is to get a good idea of why YOU want the job :)

- S

Unregistered 10-11-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74855)

Thanks for the reply!

That's a very long wait! How long did they take to first call you up? I applied last month and my status on the website has changed to shortlisted but I have not received any information from them yet.

Do you have any prior working experience too?

Unregistered 24-11-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74891)
Thanks for the reply!

That's a very long wait! How long did they take to first call you up? I applied last month and my status on the website has changed to shortlisted but I have not received any information from them yet.

Do you have any prior working experience too?

Have you received any information from them yet?

Unregistered 26-11-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75784)
Have you received any information from them yet?

Not at all. With no email or any contacts, I can't ask them for updates too. Anyone received any information yet?

Unregistered 26-11-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75914)
Not at all. With no email or any contacts, I can't ask them for updates too. Anyone received any information yet?

May I know what's your class of hons? yeah i havent received any info too.

Unregistered 26-11-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75915)
May I know what's your class of hons? yeah i havent received any info too.

Second lower from local uni. What about you?

Unregistered 30-11-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75924)
Second lower from local uni. What about you?

Same here, still no news

Unregistered 01-12-2015 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74862)
Did you take up the offer in the end? If so, how's the working environment at CAD? Were the interview questions tough?

No I didn't. I do know a couple of friends working there though. Interview questions were to the point but straightforward.

One comment that I wanted to make was that I felt that the people there aren't dressed very smartly as compared to private sectors (banks etc). I wasn't impressed by the office building nor the dress code.

Those who are called to the interview ranged from fresh grads to year 4 audit associates at big 4 audit firms. Nearly everyone had accounting, biz or law background.

Unregistered 04-12-2015 07:11 PM

What is the pre-assessment about? Do you mind sharing more?

Unregistered 05-12-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76373)
What is the pre-assessment about? Do you mind sharing more?

nothing much. just a sharing session and you do a short written test. i think i scribbled a few paragraphs in 30mins and left.... saw people writing pages of stuff though.

Unregistered 24-12-2015 09:55 AM

Has anyone received any update from the previous application?

Unregistered 09-12-2016 10:15 AM

Hi there, when does the application for CAD open?

Been searching through the application page but the hasn't been a position in CAD open for months.

How did you guys submit your applications?

Thanks!

Unregistered 08-07-2017 12:50 PM

Status updates for CAO

HR called few days back to say they are keen to bring me on board but requires around 2 more weeks to update me on the process. What does that mean?

Went to 1st round interview on 13 June then Final interview on 21st June.

Anyone in similar situation before?

kraphael 10-07-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98540)
HR called few days back to say they are keen to bring me on board but requires around 2 more weeks to update me on the process. What does that mean?

Hi Bro, may I know when did you apply for this job? I am aware the job application closing date was stated as 7th July 2017. I applied for this on the 5th of July but have not received a call from them.

This is aggravating because I was offered a role in compliance for 3.3k 6 months contract only and do not know if I should take it up.

Hope to hear from you ASAP!

Thanks

Unregistered 10-07-2017 05:31 PM

I applied in April and was only called in early June. I guess it might be better for you to apply when the next posting of CAO vacancy pops up. They are really slow in processing applications.

kraphael 10-07-2017 05:43 PM

thank you for the advice!

Unregistered 03-08-2017 03:45 PM

same situation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98540)

Me too. also went for round 2 interview in late june, still waiting for offer call. i called the HR but they said its at final approval stage. anyone else in same situation?

Unregistered 13-08-2017 02:08 PM

Same. They say one of the clearing units were quite slow in processing. But just need to wait, they say very soon will be able to offer. See you there!

Unregistered 14-08-2017 02:47 PM

I got the call from HR around 3 weeks ago as well and he actually said that it can take up to 4 months after the date of interview for the background checks and processing... Hopefully it will not be that long. Really want to leave my current job soon.

Unregistered 15-08-2017 10:30 AM

same here. after checking in with HR over 3 calls, he said it'll take prob 4 to 6 months from last interview date to offer. anyway, please update here if you guys got the offer call!! thanks!

Unregistered 19-08-2017 12:25 PM

Hi guys, update here. I got a call yesterday notifying me on my rank and and salary for signing of offer. Hope you guys get your call soon!

Unregistered 19-08-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99629)
Hi guys, update here. I got a call yesterday notifying me on my rank and and salary for signing of offer. Hope you guys get your call soon!

Congrats! may I know when was your final interview held? was informed that there is 2 batches of clearances and happen that mine is in the other batch. Hopefully mine will come in soon! Hope to see you inside!

Unregistered 21-08-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99634)
Congrats! may I know when was your final interview held? was informed that there is 2 batches of clearances and happen that mine is in the other batch. Hopefully mine will come in soon! Hope to see you inside!

Haha my last interview date was on 30 June

Unregistered 22-08-2017 05:12 PM

Hi guys update, I got the offer call today!

Unregistered 28-08-2017 04:14 PM

Could someone share about how working as a CAO is like? Job progression? Latest starting salary for fresh graduate? Thanks!

Unregistered 28-02-2018 09:18 PM

Pre-interviews- CAD

Anyone going for CAD pre-interview soon? May I also know what would he the format of the pre-interview? Many thanks in advance!

Unregistered 01-03-2018 05:41 PM

There are updates on the pre-interview stage already?

Unregistered 01-03-2018 09:08 PM

just wanted to contribute here - i applied a few years back in april. was offered the job in aug. 2:2 degree from local uni, no exp and was offered 3.7k.

Unregistered 04-03-2018 11:50 PM

How is the progression like in CAD? E.g. typically how long does it take for a fresh graduate to be promoted from a Grade 13 officer to a Grade 12?

Unregistered 06-03-2018 08:34 PM

went for a pre-interview recently. would appreciate if someone who also went update when they get a reply so that i can gauge whether i’m rejected

Unregistered 08-03-2018 02:17 AM

Can anyone advise how I can apply for CAD as CAO? I've been monitoring the careers@gov site for awhile but haven't seen any listings for it. Do you guys apply through the portal or direct via email to HR? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 09-03-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105457)
Can anyone advise how I can apply for CAD as CAO? I've been monitoring the careers@gov site for awhile but haven't seen any listings for it. Do you guys apply through the portal or direct via email to HR? Thanks in advance!

You need to check the Careers@Gov website more frequently. They do not have a fixed application period and applications will open only when they need people.

Unregistered 23-03-2018 12:16 PM

Anyone got any updates? Went for the pre-interview session about 3 weeks ago now.

Unregistered 27-04-2018 10:48 PM

anyone got offered after the panel interview?

Unregistered 02-05-2018 02:04 AM

Went for the panel interview in early March. Did not get any call back.

Unregistered 18-05-2018 04:06 PM

Anyone got called for the applications ending 19apr?

Unregistered 27-05-2018 12:31 AM

anyone knows about experienced hires salary range?