Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   Credit Suisse (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4092-credit-suisse.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2021 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169584)
Same here, feel free to enquire!

Do u know how much is the pay increment once u get converted to permanent employee after 2 yrs??

Unregistered 06-07-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Losted (Post 176990)
Signed an offer with CS CA but having cold feet right now as other companies are still reaching out to me. Would like to enquire how much would the increment be once converted after the 2 yrs? When are the professional papers period? And where would the office be at?

Hi, heard they are offering 4k?

Unregistered 06-07-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Signed an offer with CS CA but having cold feet right now as other companies are still reaching out to me. Would like to enquire how much would the increment be once converted after the 2 yrs? When are the professional papers period? And where would the office be at?

Hi, heard that they are offering 4.2k could you confirm? Heard that the professional papers will be held throughout the 2 years and believe at their changi branch

Unregistered 06-07-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Heard they are offering 4.2 right? Anyways the HR said that the professional papers are held throughout the 2 years and office will largely be at their Changi office (but rare exceptional cases could be at suntec.

Unregistered 07-07-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Heard the pay is 4.2k yeah?? Anyways HR said professional papers are taken over the course of the 2 years. Workplace may be either changi or suntec there, bust mostly changi

Unregistered 07-07-2021 06:23 PM

5k after 2 years. Conversion depends on headcount so not guaranteed

Unregistered 07-07-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177222)
5k after 2 years. Conversion depends on headcount so not guaranteed

May i ask how your experience has been? What is the conversion rate of the past batches? How is progression after graduating?

Unregistered 12-07-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177252)
May i ask how your experience has been? What is the conversion rate of the past batches? How is progression after graduating?

- Experience depends on the teams you are in, some might like the nature of work, some might feel that it does not suit them
- Conversion rate is around 80% for past 3 years
- I would say there is good progression even if you choose not to stay in compliance roles, you can opt for front office or more operational roles if there are internal roles and opportunities

Unregistered 24-07-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177612)
- Experience depends on the teams you are in, some might like the nature of work, some might feel that it does not suit them
- Conversion rate is around 80% for past 3 years
- I would say there is good progression even if you choose not to stay in compliance roles, you can opt for front office or more operational roles if there are internal roles and opportunities

I would say it's a steep uphill battle to go from compliance to front office role right away. In order of hierarchy, the front office hires from the front office, followed by middle office (eg risk, transaction roles) followed lastly by back office roles such as compliance because there is hardly any skill transfer that you can bring from the back office to the front office. Depending on the front office function, that would probably mean markets knowledge, financial modelling skills or firm and industrial analytical skills.

Unregistered 24-07-2021 10:08 PM

To add on, it's probably more realistic to aim for middle office functions from compliance first. Everyone in the local unis' finance courses pretty much aims for a front office role. That gives us a number of probably 500-600 people every year even without considering those coming from UK or US unis.

Being 1 of the local uni students, I can say that students aiming for front office roles would probably have 3-5 finance internships (mixture of PT and FT roles) by the time they graduate and the number of internships seems to be rising with every new uni batch. In total, these people would have approximately 1 year of front office experience by the time they graduate.

Put yourself in the shoes of the hirer, would you hire someone who has compliance experience but with 0 front office experience or someone with front office experience?