Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   Changi Airport Group (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3440-changi-airport-group.html)

Supertrouper 14-06-2015 05:08 PM

Hi everyone!

If I'm from NTU studying Accountancy with first class degree (low first class), what are the chances of getting an interview with CAG?

Does anyone know how the interview process is like?

Also, does anyone know what are the career prospects are like, would I be going into the finance department or is there a a management associate program?

I'm exploring different career options so would appreciate more information about various careers, thank you!!

Unregistered 14-06-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supertrouper (Post 68178)
Hi everyone!

If I'm from NTU studying Accountancy with first class degree (low first class), what are the chances of getting an interview with CAG?

Does anyone know how the interview process is like?

Also, does anyone know what are the career prospects are like, would I be going into the finance department or is there a a management associate program?

I'm exploring different career options so would appreciate more information about various careers, thank you!!

Try to join a top mnc or bank instead. CAG is one of the top GLC, but still nowhere near.

Supertrouper 15-06-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68208)
Try to join a top mnc or bank instead. CAG is one of the top GLC, but still nowhere near.

Thank you for the advice! I'm not interested in the banking and finance sector though, I see myself more in the accounting/auditing field. What MNCs would you recommend for accounting/audit? Thanks!

Unregistered 16-06-2015 11:31 PM

PwC or any of the big4?

Unregistered 23-06-2015 02:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Thinking of applying a job in CAG.

I have a diploma and have worked for 3 years. With NS. Current salary about $2k+. I have always wanted to work in the Airport. I was wondering if I apply for a job opening under "Experience Creation", can I apply under Snr Associate?

As a diploma holder, will I be able to career advance to a Manager grade in 3 years time? or I need a degree?

Thank you.

Unregistered 23-06-2015 03:05 PM

Not sure what's the career advancement track there for diploma holders but being an experienced hire can be of help to your job application there so give it a shot.

One fact to point out, the interviews are not easy (rightfully so) but as long as you put your best foot forward and rehearse adequately for it then your chances are there.

Best of luck. Hope you nail it!

Unregistered 23-06-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68878)
Hi everyone,

I have a diploma and have worked for 3 years. With NS. Current salary about $2k+. I have always wanted to work in the Airport. I was wondering if I apply for a job opening under "Experience Creation", can I apply under Snr Associate?

As a diploma holder, will I be able to career advance to a Manager grade in 3 years time? or I need a degree?

Thank you.

They have different scheme for dip & degree, the furthest a dip holder can advance is a snr associate. For degree holder (preferable a local uni or overseas top uni) , it will take approximately 5 years to reach a Manager grade.

Hope this help.

Unregistered 24-06-2015 09:10 AM

I heard from my friend who has a UK degree. Although considered a grad, highest th HR could offer is only a Snr Associate. So I guess from an associate to a Snr Associate, could time some time if your performance is average. But pay wise heard is reasonably good. Interview was tough I was told. Panel interview style & tons of questions.

I guess short term wise (less then 5 years), difficult to promote till Manager. I am not sure those who worked like 10yrs+ willbe offered a Managerial position?

Unregistered 24-06-2015 09:14 AM

Lol are you referring to this?

jobscope looks interesting? Anyone knows what's the pay scale for an associate with diploma?

Unregistered 24-06-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68878)
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Senior associates are for local uni degrees with 4+ years exp. It is not your level, anyway the salary also don't tally as most senior associates are 5-6k+, double or triple your current salary.

3 years to become manager too ambitious, you join them as a junior diploma officer if after 5 years can be normal associate already consider good performer.

killuagon 24-06-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68920)
Senior associates are for local uni degrees with 4+ years exp. It is not your level, anyway the salary also don't tally as most senior associates are 5-6k+, double or triple your current salary.

3 years to become manager too ambitious, you join them as a junior diploma officer if after 5 years can be normal associate already consider good performer.

actually you don't need to work 4 years + exp to be a senior associate at CAG.

Scholars of CAG join as Senior Associate from the beginning.

Unregistered 24-06-2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killuagon (Post 68963)
actually you don't need to work 4 years + exp to be a senior associate at CAG.

Scholars of CAG join as Senior Associate from the beginning.

Its obvious we are talking about normal deg holders here, you bring in scholars eg for what.

killuagon 25-06-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68967)
Its obvious we are talking about normal deg holders here, you bring in scholars eg for what.

to show that scholars can get a 4 year headstart.

FYI

Unregistered 25-06-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killuagon (Post 68974)
to show that scholars can get a 4 year headstart.

FYI

5-6k for senior associate??? more like AM or Junior Manager

Unregistered 25-06-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68976)
5-6k for senior associate??? more like AM or Junior Manager

CAG Manager level pay is confirm not so low.

Unregistered 25-06-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68980)
CAG Manager level pay is confirm not so low.

://.glassdoor.com/Salary/Changi-Airport-Manager-Singapore-Salaries-EJI_IE319806.0,14_KO15,22_IL.23,32_IM1123.htm

CAG basic is not that high...

Unregistered 25-06-2015 12:41 PM

May I know whats the salary range for a Senior Associate in CAG?

Are we able to negotiate salary with CAG?

What are the unique perks that CAG offers other then the standard medical, work insurance schemes?

Work experience 4 years
No NS
Diploma (local) Higher Diploma (overseas)

Unregistered 25-06-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68992)
May I know whats the salary range for a Senior Associate in CAG?

Are we able to negotiate salary with CAG?

What are the unique perks that CAG offers other then the standard medical, work insurance schemes?

Work experience 4 years
No NS
Diploma (local) Higher Diploma (overseas)

4yrs exp for diploma cannot apply senior associate one. go to linkedin & see for yourself, senior associates are all either deg grads with 4-5 yrs exp or old bird diploma who are there many years already.

Unregistered 26-06-2015 05:54 PM

No local uni deg, tough to promote. U won't be inside bosses' radar also...

Fresh dip grad go in as associate, local uni grad go in as senior associate. Promotion is at least 3 years per grade.

Their salary is not very high as well (starting pay 2k+ roughly), but their annual package is not bad cos of the bonus and other incentives and benefits.

Nothing really fanciful, may want to think twice.

Unregistered 09-07-2015 11:04 AM

Hello everyone,

I have completed my interview for an admin function as an associate in CAG. HR informed me that the hiring manager is quite happy with my application and interview. But she mentioned to wait at least 2 weeks for application to process and finalised. Its now the 3rd week and no news yet. Is this normal? Whats the usual speed for CAG to revert should I fail to meet their expectations?

Thanks everyone.

Unregistered 09-07-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69686)
Hello everyone,

I have completed my interview for an admin function as an associate in CAG. HR informed me that the hiring manager is quite happy with my application and interview. But she mentioned to wait at least 2 weeks for application to process and finalised. Its now the 3rd week and no news yet. Is this normal? Whats the usual speed for CAG to revert should I fail to meet their expectations?

Thanks everyone.

CAG inside very messy one, don't need to take their "promise" too seriously. Wait for 1 more week if still not then send email pester them.

Unregistered 09-07-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69686)
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone.

Are you already holding a job now as an experienced hire while waiting for CAG to make the offer or totally a fresh graduate without any employment at this point?

Unregistered 09-07-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69690)
CAG inside very messy one, don't need to take their "promise" too seriously. Wait for 1 more week if still not then send email pester them.

I guess I will wait for another week and call them.

Unregistered 09-07-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69693)
Are you already holding a job now as an experienced hire while waiting for CAG to make the offer or totally a fresh graduate without any employment at this point?

Currently still holding a job. Need to give 1.5 month notice thou.

Unregistered 09-07-2015 08:50 PM

Then please don't worry. The bargaining chips are with you. What's for sure is CAG is bound to let you know the outcome ultimately - successful or not. You have the upperhand at least with a job, remember that. Good luck!

Unregistered 10-07-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69705)
Then please don't worry. The bargaining chips are with you. What's for sure is CAG is bound to let you know the outcome ultimately - successful or not. You have the upperhand at least with a job, remember that. Good luck!

Although the interview was good but I havnt even talked about package with them, I am just alittle impatient because I just moved to the East and certainly look forward to working in the East to cut on travelling time and expenses.

So I am concern even if HR reply me next week, plus if there's any 2nd interview and then 3rd to discuss about package + my 1.5mth notice in lieu, I will end up moving to next job like 3months later. I hate travelling ;P (my work place is now in the far west)

But I guess I will want to wait patiently, cos I dun wana sound too desperate also.

Thanks for the replies.

Unregistered 10-07-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69713)
Although the interview was good but I havnt even talked about package with them, I am just alittle impatient because I just moved to the East and certainly look forward to working in the East to cut on travelling time and expenses.

So I am concern even if HR reply me next week, plus if there's any 2nd interview and then 3rd to discuss about package + my 1.5mth notice in lieu, I will end up moving to next job like 3months later. I hate travelling ;P (my work place is now in the far west)

But I guess I will want to wait patiently, cos I dun wana sound too desperate also.

Thanks for the replies.

It won't be so fast. Btw CAG is an elitist organisation that only accepts local grads and reputable overseas grads into Sr Associate and above. Associate is a dip level position which they will also offer to non-local uni grads.

Unregistered 10-07-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69713)

Thanks for the replies.

Basic administrator jobs are a dime in the dozen & most are about same type of work & pay, you should just apply for all of them from job portals as long as location is in east. Really no point in banking all your hope in CAG.

Unregistered 28-08-2015 08:48 AM

What's the difference?

Hi all,

I am curious to know, as to what is the difference in terms of qualification and pay structure like between an Associate, a Senior Associate, an Assistant Manager and a Manager?

I am a recent full-time graduate with honours degree from a foreign university but studied locally (MDIS) and I have about 5 yrs plus of experience working with an airline company. May I know in your most professional opinion, what post do you think I am most qualified for and how much of an expected pay should I be asking?

Is it ok to ask for a low pay range say $3,000? and if accepted for the job, may I negotiate for a higher salary? and how much higher can I go?

Another thing, does anyone know how much annual leave is one entitled for a newbie?

Thank you for your time and response :-)

Unregistered 06-09-2015 02:02 PM

Hi all,

Heard about the impressive pay structure of CAG from friends.

I am a NUS grad with a 2:2, and have been practising in one of the big 4 local law firms here for about 1 year. I am drawing close to 7k salary with 24 days AL.

What kind of salary range or pay cut should I expect if I apply for CAG? Am concerned about my 2:2 because I understand that govt / GLCs/ stat boards put a lot of emphasis on classes of honors.

Unregistered 06-09-2015 08:49 PM

1yr exp with 7k pay? Why do you want to go to CAG?

Unregistered 07-09-2015 12:06 AM

better worklife balance? pay is good too. my pay is nett - no bonuses.

potatohead 26-09-2015 11:44 PM

even with bonus, 7k gross is high with only 1 yr of working exp....

Unregistered 28-09-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72373)
Hi all,

Heard about the impressive pay structure of CAG from friends.

I am a NUS grad with a 2:2, and have been practising in one of the big 4 local law firms here for about 1 year. I am drawing close to 7k salary with 24 days AL.

What kind of salary range or pay cut should I expect if I apply for CAG? Am concerned about my 2:2 because I understand that govt / GLCs/ stat boards put a lot of emphasis on classes of honors.

wow.. $7k pm??

Then go ahead n apply la. Since u r so high calibre also a plus point is u r NUS grad. CAG will consider u definately.

Their bonus is really fat. But u need to have good academic qualifications and work experiences. Know of someone inside, dun even have relevant experience, but parachute inside sitting in high post cos of he is a local grad and worked in many Statboards/CS before. What a joke right?

Your colorful private sector experience doesnt really count to them. They wan "YES MAN" only.

Unregistered 29-09-2015 03:23 PM

from what is said so far looks like CAG pays the same level as banking sector...

Unregistered 30-09-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73172)
from what is said so far looks like CAG pays the same level as banking sector...

foreign banks are at least 40% higher lah

Unregistered 19-10-2015 02:07 AM

Hi guys. Im glad i found a forum discussing about career prospects in CAG. Im 28yrs old this year and currently a junior officer working in one of the uniformed organisation (under MHA) with 7 years of working experience. Im also holding a pass degree from PSB Academy. I took up studies in the field of sports science as its my area of academic interest, although Im well aware it has nothing to with my current employment or CAG. Currently drawing a gross salary of 3.6k. Im set for a career change in a whole new different environment and I had been interested in joining CAG, preferably under aviation security or other operation-related dept (e.g. airside operation).

What do you guys think of my chances of even securing at least an Associate position, considering my 7 years of working experience in a uniformed organisation and holding a pte degree.

And since we are in the topic, anyone knows what is the salary range for Associate/Snr Associate?

(Of course, being in the working field for quite a while now, I know the importance of always having a Plan B in life. If my plan doesnt work out, im considering to become a Senior Officer in other uniformed organisation which I opined should be relatively achievable considering my uniformed background although im holding a pte degree. FYI, certain civil service org has gotten quite lax in their recruitment. I know of a few senior officers holding a degree from other pte instituitions like SMF/MDIS).

Unregistered 20-10-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73890)
Hi guys. Im glad i found a forum discussing about career prospects in CAG. Im 28yrs old this year and currently a junior officer working in one of the uniformed organisation (under MHA) with 7 years of working experience. Im also holding a pass degree from PSB Academy. I took up studies in the field of sports science as its my area of academic interest, although Im well aware it has nothing to with my current employment or CAG. Currently drawing a gross salary of 3.6k. Im set for a career change in a whole new different environment and I had been interested in joining CAG, preferably under aviation security or other operation-related dept (e.g. airside operation).

What do you guys think of my chances of even securing at least an Associate position, considering my 7 years of working experience in a uniformed organisation and holding a pte degree.

And since we are in the topic, anyone knows what is the salary range for Associate/Snr Associate?

(Of course, being in the working field for quite a while now, I know the importance of always having a Plan B in life. If my plan doesnt work out, im considering to become a Senior Officer in other uniformed organisation which I opined should be relatively achievable considering my uniformed background although im holding a pte degree. FYI, certain civil service org has gotten quite lax in their recruitment. I know of a few senior officers holding a degree from other pte instituitions like SMF/MDIS).

The key question is are you able to convince CAG that your experience in MHA is relevant and also whether CAG can find value in your skillset. To me talking about years of exp, join as associate or pay level is irrelevant if you cannot even clear the CV stage.

Generally CAG is one of the more progressive GLC and have higher standards of recruitment than most stat boards, so unless you really dazzle them with your CV, it is unlikely they will bother with a private degree grad who only has uniform group experience so far. Most of their Associates are 2nd lower honors & above from proper local universities.

Unregistered 28-10-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69701)
I guess I will wait for another week and call them.

So did u get offer from CAG? I just completed my 2nd interview last week and they were quite positive on my interview but still havent heard from them yet.

Unregistered 29-10-2015 02:40 PM

How long to get offered after second interview

Hi,

Does anyone know how long is the waiting time to get offered after the second round of interview?

Thanks.