Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 02-05-2023 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247209)
Hi anyone know what is the salary range for E5 and E6?

About 4.4k to 6.6k. Quite a wide range depending on whether you do programming or excel spreadsheet taiji. Previous post on bonuses ranging from 0.25 to 4.4 months is quite accurate.

Unregistered 03-05-2023 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247492)
Not sure if still the same. Only workload is more than perm staff, everything else is lesser or not eligible.

Why workload more than perm staff?

Unregistered 04-05-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247553)
Why workload more than perm staff?

Somehow some of the management treat outsourced staff like cheap labour. Also perm staff tend to be old birds with long tenure so they think they have the power to push more work to new contract staff, who are usually fresh grads.

Unregistered 04-05-2023 10:24 AM

Not my problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247622)
Somehow some of the management treat outsourced staff like cheap labour. Also perm staff tend to be old birds with long tenure so they think they have the power to push more work to new contract staff, who are usually fresh grads.

On the contrary perm staff are already experienced in the domain and skilled.
Frsh grad have no skills, no proven abilities, no technical expertise no domain knowledge, no taichi skills, no survival skills, no suck up to management skills.
Yet HR offer fresh grad 4.5k to do nothing other than just "learn"
While the perm staff earn only 4k. This is true facts.
We have a senior engineer only earning 4.2k this year. While a new fresh grad who joined under him 4.5k.
How can HR be so ****ing obtuse.

Guess what? The senior just let the fresh grad learn and fail on his own. I mean the senior is not paid more to impart knowledge. Senior should be paid more period. Fresh grad shouldn't be paid so much cause they are not proven to have any skills.

Period.

Unregistered 04-05-2023 10:27 AM

Yep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247627)
On the contrary perm staff are already experienced in the domain and skilled.
Frsh grad have no skills, no proven abilities, no technical expertise no domain knowledge, no taichi skills, no survival skills, no suck up to management skills.
Yet HR offer fresh grad 4.5k to do nothing other than just "learn"
While the perm staff earn only 4k. This is true facts.
We have a senior engineer only earning 4.2k this year. While a new fresh grad who joined under him 4.5k.
How can HR be so ****ing obtuse.

Guess what? The senior just let the fresh grad learn and fail on his own. I mean the senior is not paid more to impart knowledge. Senior should be paid more period. Fresh grad shouldn't be paid so much cause they are not proven to have any skills.

Period.

I agree. Fresh grad paid more. Then do more lo.
Dunno how to do? Not my problem. Figure it out with your university level skills

Unregistered 04-05-2023 11:05 AM

Lol

My division has a AVP who dunno software architecture. He only know how to buy server, rack etc. Sign off procurement form. So he wants to hire a principal engineer to architecture a system. The principal engineer only know how to draw diagram in power point so he dunno, need to hire an assistant principal engineer to assist him. The assistant principal engineer deemed he is managerial level, just to manage people and delegate work... So he need to hire a senior engineer. The senior engineer feels he is underpaid to do the work of the principal engineer and AVP, so he pretend dunno say need to hire a project engineer to excute the work for him. The fresh grad hired as project engineer 4.5k dunno anything.

Welcome to the world of ST Engineering where everyone basically dunno anything but when it comes to time for promotion, everyone at every level will say they lead the project to succession.

This company is a joke. No wonder so many office politics. There is no real skills and talent. Everyone just protecting their rice bowl. Lol.

Best I heard another division just hire a UI engineer to basically do the system design. Ui and system are same thing meh? Company of jokers and comedians.

Unregistered 04-05-2023 11:53 AM

Stupid Bitch Karen

Admin also one kind one.

There is this old auntie Karen in canteen every day.
Will complain and **** talk about her female colleagues loudly about being rushed la

She can be nice or mean to the victim la.
Its such an open office bully and politics and she has no shame, airing her dirty underwear for everyone to bear.

One of this day, someone will report to HR that this Karen is abusing other colleague and play office politics. Everyday the people here is complaining about gahmen la. About car la
About inflation la

Endless complain.
You'll wonder what kind of culture this company has if lunch is not enjoyed with intellectual smart conversation but pointless, rant about things beyond their control.

Unregistered 04-05-2023 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247632)
My division has a AVP who dunno software architecture. He only know how to buy server, rack etc. Sign off procurement form. So he wants to hire a principal engineer to architecture a system. The principal engineer only know how to draw diagram in power point so he dunno, need to hire an assistant principal engineer to assist him. The assistant principal engineer deemed he is managerial level, just to manage people and delegate work... So he need to hire a senior engineer. The senior engineer feels he is underpaid to do the work of the principal engineer and AVP, so he pretend dunno say need to hire a project engineer to excute the work for him. The fresh grad hired as project engineer 4.5k dunno anything.

Welcome to the world of ST Engineering where everyone basically dunno anything but when it comes to time for promotion, everyone at every level will say they lead the project to succession.

This company is a joke. No wonder so many office politics. There is no real skills and talent. Everyone just protecting their rice bowl. Lol.

Best I heard another division just hire a UI engineer to basically do the system design. Ui and system are same thing meh? Company of jokers and comedians.

This is part of the reason why E5 who actually do **** get paid more than/ as much as the E6 or even M1.

Unregistered 04-05-2023 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247651)
This is part of the reason why E5 who actually do **** get paid more than/ as much as the E6 or even M1.

No. This is the problem with salary adjustment only applies to fresh grad new hire.
For example fresh grad 2022 - 4.2k
But if you join fresh grad 2020 - 3.5k

But when you're 2 years exp in 2022 your salary didn't get adjusted.
Its wrong that fresh grad earn high pay with nothing to show for.

And best is fresh grad come to work at 930 am and leave at 530 pm.
While senior come at 730 am and leave at 630 pm.

So I encourage everyone to overload fresh grad so they can resign willingly. More room for promotion.
If fresh grad stay, means only more competition.

See a fresh grad. Abuse a fresh grad.

Unregistered 04-05-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247652)
No. This is the problem with salary adjustment only applies to fresh grad new hire.
For example fresh grad 2022 - 4.2k
But if you join fresh grad 2020 - 3.5k

But when you're 2 years exp in 2022 your salary didn't get adjusted.
Its wrong that fresh grad earn high pay with nothing to show for.

And best is fresh grad come to work at 930 am and leave at 530 pm.
While senior come at 730 am and leave at 630 pm.

So I encourage everyone to overload fresh grad so they can resign willingly. More room for promotion.
If fresh grad stay, means only more competition.

See a fresh grad. Abuse a fresh grad.

This is the biggest problem with ST. Apart from discounting contract staff from various benefits (not sure about now), the problem is there is no salary adjustment for existing staff, contract or perm. The last "adjustment" was to roll AWS and basic into one afaik.