Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 18-11-2022 02:42 AM

joined ST as an engineer. Rush to wait, wait to rush. Nothing to do at times. went to office for 3months without laptop already.

Unregistered 19-11-2022 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235094)
Yes for sure. Intense training of Canteen skills, how to order kopi siu dai bing and char siew bao at Level 5 canteen etc. Definitely gives you an edge over others and stay relevant in this "market".

Please be serious don't joke.

Unregistered 21-11-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235225)
Please be serious don't joke.

Which part do I sound like joking to you? You are the joke asking this type of question in ST Electronics thread.

Unregistered 21-11-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235094)
Yes for sure. Intense training of Canteen skills, how to order kopi siu dai bing and char siew bao at Level 5 canteen etc. Definitely gives you an edge over others and stay relevant in this "market".

Really ah? ST so incompetent one?

Unregistered 23-11-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234837)
Why do you even want to join ST in the first place?

Was in a worse SME. Early days of ST still bearable under the old top management. At least increment was OK. Once the top management changed, everything else becomes mostly unbearable.

Advice for those who are looking to gain new skills often, or want to become jack of all trades, this place is not for you. Because many of their projects stretch for years, your skillset will be largely limited to what you are doing and might become too niche for the open market.

Your bosses might not want to send you for upgrading (read: expensive certification) courses because of this reason. Since you will be stuck using your current skillset for at least 4-5 years, why the need to go for training?

Unregistered 23-11-2022 01:07 PM

For current 2022 rate, how much should be offer for M2 rank with 14-15years relevant exp in ST? Is considering this offer

davidtanfour 25-11-2022 06:24 PM

Hi guys, Im a SIM UOW com sci fresh grad and looking to join ST Engineering as a Software Engineer. May I know what is the culture like there, and also how is the starting pay for fresh grads over there? Is it a good place to start a career as a SWE?

Unregistered 25-11-2022 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtanfour (Post 235752)
Hi guys, Im a SIM UOW com sci fresh grad and looking to join ST Engineering as a Software Engineer. May I know what is the culture like there, and also how is the starting pay for fresh grads over there? Is it a good place to start a career as a SWE?

I thought alot ppl already post their comment eariler? In short, everyday in ST, I felt like go back to army camp, counting down my time to ord, evading arrow and chao keng from serious work.

Unregistered 27-11-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtanfour (Post 235752)

It's pretty low, but in general, it depends on which department you join. A super inefficient company, sometimes you got nothing to do for months. While sometimes you have to OT a lot. The good thing is their inability to attract local uni grads to join them, so quite of people are from private unis.

HmmmHi 20-12-2022 07:05 AM

Want to ask about STE pay for fresh grad

Understand that STE reorganised their pay and benefits. Can I ask what is the latest pay range for e5?

Cos there’s no AWS, so I’m not sure how the new pay range is calculated