Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   LTA (Land Transport Authority) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2213-land-transport-authority-land-transport-authority.html)

adrianfoo 10-10-2012 12:38 PM

LTA (Land Transport Authority)

Is anybody ever Interviewed for LTA engineer post?

Is it difficult?

What question they will ask normally?

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview with gov like LTA -- and preparation can make all the difference?

What is the interview process like at Land Transport Authority (lta)? and hw long thw duration takes?

Unregistered 10-10-2012 01:09 PM

I attend LTA interview in May with the director of the dept. Only 1 to 1 interview, no HR personnel.

It was an informal interview.

Common question:
-why you left previous company, job scope of previous company....etc
-he ask you what did you know about the position you applied....
-then he chit-chat with me on other transport topic on the future technology on transportation......
-he even talk about his hobby like very into "feng shui" stuff....

2weeks later, and no call from the HR mean I am not selected for the "formal" interview...

by the way do you know the starting pay for fresh degree grad this year 2012 for engineer?
1st class with NS= ?
2 upper with NS= ?
2 lower with NS= ?
any ideas??

I only know that in 2007, fresh degree 2nd lower mechanical engineer with NS getting 2.9k

adrianfoo 10-10-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28893)
I attend LTA interview in May with the director of the dept. Only 1 to 1 interview, no HR personnel.

It was an informal interview.

Common question:
-why you left previous company, job scope of previous company....etc
-he ask you what did you know about the position you applied....
-then he chit-chat with me on other transport topic on the future technology on transportation......
-he even talk about his hobby like very into "feng shui" stuff....

2weeks later, and no call from the HR mean I am not selected for the "formal" interview...

by the way do you know the starting pay for fresh degree grad this year 2012 for engineer?
1st class with NS= ?
2 upper with NS= ?
2 lower with NS= ?
any ideas??

I only know that in 2007, fresh degree 2nd lower mechanical engineer with NS getting 2.9k

if i hv 4 yrs exp in private sector

my expected salary can i put 4.8k?

high ma?

Unregistered 10-10-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianfoo (Post 28896)

high ma?

I also have 4 years of exp from private sector(dunno relevant or not relevant), I put 4.3k only.....and not even got into second interview...

adrianfoo 10-10-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 28900)
i also have 4 years of exp from private sector(dunno relevant or not relevant), i put 4.3k only.....and not even got into second interview...

ur 1st interview ok not?

Unregistered 10-10-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianfoo (Post 28904)
ur 1st interview ok not?

I suppose is ok, but not call up for 2nd interview mean fail

adrianfoo 10-10-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28909)
I suppose is ok, but not call up for 2nd interview mean fail

u r interview for civil engineer or ????

Unregistered 10-10-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianfoo (Post 28896)

high ma?

4 yrs 4.8k is too high. Even if your 4 yrs exp is deemed 100% relevant, max you can push for is 4.3k.

Unregistered 10-10-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianfoo (Post 28911)
u r interview for civil engineer or ????

engineer(vehicle engineering)

adrianfoo 10-10-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28912)
4 yrs 4.8k is too high. Even if your 4 yrs exp is deemed 100% relevant, max you can push for is 4.3k.

hw abt 5 yrs? hw much can put?

i hv a fren

he is 5 yrs ++ exp

also wanna apply

Unregistered 10-10-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianfoo (Post 28914)
hw abt 5 yrs? hw much can put?

i hv a fren

he is 5 yrs ++ exp

also wanna apply

Add a bit more, ~4.5k loh.

Unregistered 14-06-2013 09:31 AM

tribric 26-07-2013 11:19 PM

Anyone got into LTA second interview for executive engineer position?

What kind of interview questions they ask?

Thanks!

Unregistered 02-08-2013 02:56 PM

please help

am applying repeatedly for civil engineer position in LTA..for morethan 6 months..
4 times i got a reply saying that my resume is kept for reference for 6 months..and several times got rejected for different positions..

i just dont understand the process..should i wait for 6 months..
is it something like shortlisted or rejected..

someone pls help..thanks a lot..

Unregistered 16-08-2013 01:26 AM

If you know any staff in LTA, get them to recommend. It will be much faster that way. LTA is going through massive hiring due to the amount of projects that are planned.

adrianfoo 30-11-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28912)

if 7 yrs experience asking 5.6k

ok not?

adrianfoo 30-11-2014 09:09 AM

Are they going to ask for payslip?

how many months needed?

adrianfoo 03-03-2015 09:48 PM

8 yrs experience asking 5.8k

Ok??

Unregistered 05-03-2015 01:38 PM

Is the executive engineer position akin to Manager post?

If yes, can try ask higher cos since you have 8 years of relevant experence. But the golden qns is are u a local FT grad? lol....

PT degree dun waste time. Whatever scripts u read in the papers that education does not matters are just politics. I do not know of any HR that have taken orders to allow non local grads into CS. Esp fresh grad positions.

All the best!

Riviera 19-08-2015 01:56 PM

Is this thread still alive? Coz I'm interested to know the LTA PB structure vs that in Civil Service .
Tx.

Unregistered 19-08-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riviera (Post 71667)
Is this thread still alive? Coz I'm interested to know the LTA PB structure vs that in Civil Service .
Tx.

5-6mths average

Riviera 20-08-2015 12:55 AM

Tx very much. Appreciate. I guess 5-6 mths are the total bonus over a year.

I meant for PB quantum, is LTA really paying much lower compared to that for MXes in Civil Service?

The data is pulled from another thread.

Tks

- - -

C grade
MX13=1.5mth
MX12=1.5mth
MX11=1.75mth

C+ grade
MX11=2.5mth

B grade
MX13=2.5mth
MX12=2.5mth
MX11=3.0mth

A grade
MX12=3.0mth

xiaopangbronco 22-10-2015 06:33 PM

Anyone applied o LTA during this period? How long you all wait before they call for interview?

Unregistered 03-11-2015 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 74074)
Anyone applied o LTA during this period? How long you all wait before they call for interview?

They normally call for interview within 3 weeks. If you pass the first round interview, you should be notified for second round within 1 week. If you pass second round interview, you will receive your offer within another week.

So the total process from submission of application should take not more than 5 weeks.

That is based on the experiences of me and my peers who applied recently.

xiaopangbronco 03-11-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74580)
They normally call for interview within 3 weeks. If you pass the first round interview, you should be notified for second round within 1 week. If you pass second round interview, you will receive your offer within another week.

So the total process from submission of application should take not more than 5 weeks.

That is based on the experiences of me and my peers who applied recently.

May I know which are the positions that you and your friends applied for? Think they never call me up means zero chance for me already.

Unregistered 03-11-2015 06:14 PM

RE: LTA performance bonus

Hi folks,
Anybody can advise on the no of months of performance bonus for LTA? Does the PB differ btw the various job grades? Wat r the typical job grades in LTA? Does it folloe the MX scheme in ministries?

Appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 03-11-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74621)
Hi folks,
Anybody can advise on the no of months of performance bonus for LTA? Does the PB differ btw the various job grades? Wat r the typical job grades in LTA? Does it folloe the MX scheme in ministries?

Appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance.

its abt 3 mth +/-

Unregistered 04-11-2015 02:14 PM

shortlisted but not called up

Hi.
Has anyone been shortlisted (as shown in the careers.gov.sg) by LTA but not called up for an interview?
It has been more than 1 month since the posting closed.

Unregistered 04-11-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74655)
Hi.
Has anyone been shortlisted (as shown in the careers.gov.sg) by LTA but not called up for an interview?
It has been more than 1 month since the posting closed.

hi may i know when you got the shortlist? mine was in process still (which is like 3 weeks after the posting closed) so i dont know if i do stand as chances. from my notice, i realise those whom they deemed did not match their requirement they will not even processed. i read online that there are ppl who only got called up 2 months after their submission. so whole process was like 4+ months

Unregistered 04-11-2015 03:31 PM

RE: LTA Performance Bonus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74632)
its abt 3 mth +/-

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Ur performance bonus of 3 mth+/- is based on what performance? A,B,C? Let's say for a average performer (ie C grade), what would be the annual package be like for LTA? Based on the civil service bonus for 2014, it is 2.3 months (ie mid yr 0.5 mths + year end 0.8 mths +1 mth AWS). Therefore, based on the PB of 3 mths as given, the annual package for a average performer in LTA would be 17.3 ( ie 2.3+3+12) mths?

Is that accurate? Appreciate inputs from experienced folks. Thanks.

Unregistered 04-11-2015 05:10 PM

hi,

was wondering about the application process for LTA. my status at careers@gov was "in process" for a month (after submitting resume) and if were to judge by closing date..it was probably 3 weeks. i was wondering if there is any chances for me cause the other post i applied, it was nv been processed so means it remain as submitted or straight become unsuccessful after a short period. hence would like to check for those that had applied and got in, how long do i need to wait if the status stated in process? thank you

Unregistered 04-11-2015 09:29 PM

do they accept SIT graduate?

Was wondering do they accept SIT graduate or purely just NTU and NUS. Happen to know that afew SIT honors graduates with more relevant experience wasn't even get an interview compared to those fresh graduate or no honors graduate from NUS and NTU.

Unregistered 04-11-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74681)
Was wondering do they accept SIT graduate or purely just NTU and NUS. Happen to know that afew SIT honors graduates with more relevant experience wasn't even get an interview compared to those fresh graduate or no honors graduate from NUS and NTU.

What is the SIT honours system like? How many percent make it to 1/2.1? Just curious, I am unable to answer your questions. I do not know the standard of an SIT grad with good honours, but knowing the standard of an nus/Ntu graduate with 3rd class and below, I would be tempted to hire an SIT graduate...

Unregistered 05-11-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74687)
What is the SIT honours system like? How many percent make it to 1/2.1? Just curious, I am unable to answer your questions. I do not know the standard of an SIT grad with good honours, but knowing the standard of an nus/Ntu graduate with 3rd class and below, I would be tempted to hire an SIT graduate...

From my experience and understanding, taking my collaboration as an example. We didnt have bell curve system like ntu and nus. Hence meaning if you fail then you fail. Therefore there is infact very little make it to 1.. a significant amt make it to 2.1 but definitely not as much as ntu or nus sort of percentage. Mostly make it to 2.2 due to no bell curve and those grades were infact not the lowest of the 2.2 those. Not many got a 3rd class.

Honestly i do met alot of scholars at civil service we have the academic results but when come to actual work, they couldn't even visualise and they are not even fresh grad. Hence when collaborating with overseas partners, highly chance they shocked their counterparts because simple analysis which ive learnt in poly they also didnt manage to get it.

Unregistered 05-11-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74695)
From my experience and understanding, taking my collaboration as an example. We didnt have bell curve system like ntu and nus. Hence meaning if you fail then you fail. Therefore there is infact very little make it to 1.. a significant amt make it to 2.1 but definitely not as much as ntu or nus sort of percentage. Mostly make it to 2.2 due to no bell curve and those grades were infact not the lowest of the 2.2 those. Not many got a 3rd class.

Honestly i do met alot of scholars at civil service we have the academic results but when come to actual work, they couldn't even visualise and they are not even fresh grad. Hence when collaborating with overseas partners, highly chance they shocked their counterparts because simple analysis which ive learnt in poly they also didnt manage to get it.

Do you know in nus, only 15-20 percent make it to 1/2.1, of which 30-40% are local? Approximately 30% graduate without honours. These are statistics of my batch, that may vary by course/year. You seem to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu.

There are bad engineers anywhere, perhaps the scholars that you have come into contact with have not engaged in much engineering work and have been pushed into "management" through a fast track route.

Unregistered 05-11-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74698)
Do you know in nus, only 15-20 percent make it to 1/2.1, of which 30-40% are local? Approximately 30% graduate without honours. These are statistics of my batch, that may vary by course/year. You seem to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu.

There are bad engineers anywhere, perhaps the scholars that you have come into contact with have not engaged in much engineering work and have been pushed into "management" through a fast track route.

a passerby here, well i guess he/she didn't mean to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu but because you asked about statistics and no where was mentioned that it was easy, just a remark stating that the percentage is lesser then nus/ntu only. chill man~

As a local graduate and has friends in SIT, what i can quote from them is SIT mostly are local students, to get into 1/2.1 probably same percentage as nus/ntu. the percentage who cant make it to honors is roughly 20 - 30% and some even had to drop out without a degree cert.

Unregistered 05-11-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74703)
a passerby here, well i guess he/she didn't mean to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu but because you asked about statistics and no where was mentioned that it was easy, just a remark stating that the percentage is lesser then nus/ntu only. chill man~

As a local graduate and has friends in SIT, what i can quote from them is SIT mostly are local students, to get into 1/2.1 probably same percentage as nus/ntu. the percentage who cant make it to honors is roughly 20 - 30% and some even had to drop out without a degree cert.

Very chill! Just clarifying the misconception as i have quite accurate information about the ratio in nus for my year. When he said "significant amount make it to 2.1 but definitely not as much as ntu or nus sort of percentage." I dont think he knows what the situation is like in nus/ntu.

Bougainvillea 17-01-2016 01:32 PM

Just read about this post so I'll resume it anyway. Recently I applied for the Executive Transport Planner position through Careers@Gov and made it to the 1st interview. I didn't hear back after that though the interview went well, as least I felt it did. Having read the discussion here, now I understand no status update of "In Process" 2 weeks after the interview (it's 2 months now) equals "Unsuccessful".
Then LTA continues to post ads of the same position, of which the only difference is the job number. My question would be if it's ok to keep applying for it. Will the previous application still being processed hurt my chances of fresh applications? By the way, this time I lowered the expected salary, doubting, in a optimistic way, it might have been the fatal factor last time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74665)
hi,

was wondering about the application process for LTA. my status at careers@gov was "in process" for a month (after submitting resume) and if were to judge by closing date..it was probably 3 weeks. i was wondering if there is any chances for me cause the other post i applied, it was nv been processed so means it remain as submitted or straight become unsuccessful after a short period. hence would like to check for those that had applied and got in, how long do i need to wait if the status stated in process? thank you

Unregistered 17-01-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bougainvillea (Post 78220)
Just read about this post so I'll resume it anyway. Recently I applied for the Executive Transport Planner position through Careers@Gov and made it to the 1st interview. I didn't hear back after that though the interview went well, as least I felt it did. Having read the discussion here, now I understand no status update of "In Process" 2 weeks after the interview (it's 2 months now) equals "Unsuccessful".
Then LTA continues to post ads of the same position, of which the only difference is the job number. My question would be if it's ok to keep applying for it. Will the previous application still being processed hurt my chances of fresh applications? By the way, this time I lowered the expected salary, doubting, in a optimistic way, it might have been the fatal factor last time.

How much salary did u ask for the last time round? Yes, the HR does look at your asking salary and make their decisions after interviewing the entire selected few. Dont be surprise, just for 1 engineering position, there could be as much as 20 candidates, so u cant blame HR for haircutting onbehalf of the hiring dept/mgr.

Also btw, ur post is equivalent to manager? or ?

Bougainvillea 17-01-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78231)
How much salary did u ask for the last time round? Yes, the HR does look at your asking salary and make their decisions after interviewing the entire selected few. Dont be surprise, just for 1 engineering position, there could be as much as 20 candidates, so u cant blame HR for haircutting onbehalf of the hiring dept/mgr.

Also btw, ur post is equivalent to manager? or ?

Despite its wording of "Executive", I'm pretty sure this is not manager level position because above it there are Senior Transport Planner, Deputy Director (group leader), etc. The only thing I'm unsure of is that sometimes they also have "Engineering Officer" whose level in relation to "Executive Transport Planner" is unclear. Anyway, it's more like slightly above entry level. So back to the critical question, though I have 2 years' relevant experience, how much should I be asking?? I just have no idea of the pay scale.