Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   LTA (Land Transport Authority) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2213-land-transport-authority-land-transport-authority.html)

Unregistered 27-04-2024 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276709)
Hi I have a few questions regarding LTA.

Recently, I went for a interview for a S/EPE role with LTA.

Along the way, I feel that most likely I would not get the role based on the response by the big boss. However during the interview, the big boss asked me whether I am interested in another role even though it was not related to the one I am applying for. I said sure why not and I can definitely pick it up.

Few day later, HR called me and I thought I would have gotten the role. Turns out it was not and it was actually the role that the big boss mentioned. HR also mentioned that the role would be as a PE instead as well.

Qn1: What is the pay range like for an LTE6?

Qn2: Is it possible to jump internally within department after 1-2 years? I really wanted to do something related based on the S/EPE role.

Qn3: How does one differentiate like from one department compared to another? I keep seeing rails which I think is the current department I am applying for. LTA uses short form and I can't really tell much except for the job description.

Much help would be greatly appreciated by answering my question. HR have already sent me the details and wants me to fill them up before discussing compensation.

Sorry for the long thread.

Changing divisions can be difficult. Heard many instances where transfer has been agreed by DD of the new division, but the deal fell through cos the existing DD doesn't want to release as it will look bad on him.

Unregistered 27-04-2024 10:54 PM

Unless you get a D grade, is promotion from PE to EPE in 2 years guaranteed?

And EPE to SPE for an average farmer (no Ds) is also around 2 years?

Unregistered 28-04-2024 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276838)
Unless you get a D grade, is promotion from PE to EPE in 2 years guaranteed?

And EPE to SPE for an average farmer (no Ds) is also around 2 years?

PE to EPE is automatic once you clocked in minimum 1.5 years of experience, barring you don’t try to be funny. EPE to SPE: 3 years for farmers and 2 years for scholars. Hope it helps.

Unregistered 28-04-2024 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276851)
PE to EPE is automatic once you clocked in minimum 1.5 years of experience, barring you don’t try to be funny. EPE to SPE: 3 years for farmers and 2 years for scholars. Hope it helps.

Can you kindly provide some examples of “try to be funny”, so the clueless ones know what NOT to do? Hahahahaa

Unregistered 28-04-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276851)

Any chance for farmer or non scholars to get SPE in 2 years?

Unregistered 28-04-2024 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276866)

always a chance just see your manager got fight or not

Unregistered 28-04-2024 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276855)
Can you kindly provide some examples of “try to be funny”, so the clueless ones know what NOT to do? Hahahahaa

just messedup anything they ask u to do.

Unregistered 28-04-2024 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276866)

Must volunteer for simi chapalang events. Join any steering comm as secretary will make it easy to promote to SPE. I already noticed a few up and coming female EPEs rising the ranks by being secretary. Take note and see when they hit SPE lol

Unregistered 29-04-2024 03:20 PM

Hi, can anyone shed any information about depot equipment & maintenance project? Interviewers themselves said quite a fair bit of OT too.

Unregistered 29-04-2024 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277046)
Hi, can anyone shed any information about depot equipment & maintenance project? Interviewers themselves said quite a fair bit of OT too.

Wanted to ask about this too. I asked the boss during interview for a specific number of how often does one occasionally do night work as this includes weekends and or public holiday for 1 year as reference.

The boss gave me a vague answer saying that it depends on project and usually especially when it is near the end of the project there will be more.

Roughly how often is what I would like to know for project team in rails.

Unregistered 29-04-2024 10:05 PM

This one worth to apply? Anyone know the pay? How's the experience?

[LTA-RAOM] SENIOR/ EXECUTIVE/ ENGINEER, ASSET MGMT (RENEWAL & PLANNING)
Land Transport Authority
Entry level
Fixed Terms, Full-time
Closing in 6 day(s)
0 Applicant(s)

What the role is
[What the role is]

You will manage the Rapid Transit Systems (RTS) assets to ensure optimum performance and quality of the asset through comprehensive monitoring the condition, whole system life cycle management in making trade-off decisions to optimize the useful life versus life extension or timely renewal of assets. You will be the LTA’s gate-keeper responsible to maintain and uphold the high reliability and availability of the Singapore MRT / LRT systems. You will work in close collaboration with Public Transport Operators and LTA various divisions such as engineering, project, contracts, finance, policy and use appropriate asset renewal tools like whole life cycle models to develop long-term asset renewal and replacement plans ensuring timely renewal strategy and a sustainable long-term asset renewal cash flow forecast for the Authority.

[What we are looking for]
• Tertiary qualification in Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Mechanical / Systems / Rail Engineering / Building / Facilities Management, or other relevant disciplines
• Preferably with Relevant railway system knowledge and experience on Renewal Planning and/or Signalling, Communications and Control systems
• Candidates with relevant experience will be considered for higher appointments
• Self-motivated and resourceful.
• Able to work independently, demonstrate professionalism and objectivity in carrying out duties
• Possess positive attitude with good communications and interpersonal skills to engage various stakeholders

Unregistered 29-04-2024 10:06 PM

Land Transport Authority
Entry level
Fixed Terms, Full-time
Closing in 6 day(s)
0 Applicant(s)

What the role is
[What the role is]

You will manage the Rapid Transit Systems (RTS) assets to ensure optimum performance and quality of the asset through comprehensive monitoring the condition, whole system life cycle management in making trade-off decisions to optimize the useful life versus life extension or timely renewal of assets. You will be the LTA’s gate-keeper responsible to maintain and uphold the high reliability and availability of the Singapore MRT / LRT systems. You will work in close collaboration with Public Transport Operators and LTA various divisions such as engineering, project, contracts, finance, policy and use appropriate asset renewal tools like whole life cycle models to develop long-term asset renewal and replacement plans ensuring timely renewal strategy and a sustainable long-term asset renewal cash flow forecast for the Authority.

• Tertiary qualification in Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Mechanical / Systems / Rail Engineering / Building / Facilities Management, or other relevant disciplines
• Preferably with Relevant railway system knowledge and experience on Renewal Planning and/or Signalling, Communications and Control systems
• Candidates with relevant experience will be considered for higher appointments
• Able to work independently, demonstrate professionalism and objectivity in carrying out duties
• Possess positive attitude with good communications and interpersonal skills to engage various stakeholders

Unregistered 29-04-2024 10:30 PM

What is the ceiling for LTE grade 6 within RSE or RL E&M ?

Can a fresh grad be considered for LTE grade 7 if he/she has extensive prior intern experiences within the Rail Sector?

Unregistered 29-04-2024 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277148)

Can a fresh grad be considered for LTE grade 7 if he/she has extensive prior intern experiences within the Rail Sector?

to your second question, of course not.

Unregistered 30-04-2024 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277148)

Internship is not considered as work experience but merely a tool to help you stand out during interview phase. You’ll be considered as a fresh grad with 0 experience, i.e. LTE6. Since you’ve 0 experience, talk of ceiling is meaningless.

Depending on your profile (NS? non-NS? local big 3? 1st class? etc) you’ll get 4-4.5k starting. It’s all very formulaic

Unregistered 30-04-2024 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277189)
Internship is not considered as work experience but merely a tool to help you stand out during interview phase. You’ll be considered as a fresh grad with 0 experience, i.e. LTE6. Since you’ve 0 experience, talk of ceiling is meaningless.

Depending on your profile (NS? non-NS? local big 3? 1st class? etc) you’ll get 4-4.5k starting. It’s all very formulaic

internship in singapore is play play

Unregistered 01-05-2024 09:04 PM

if kena called for election duty, will b paid hw much?

Unregistered 01-05-2024 10:17 PM

The new obu design really...haiz

Unregistered 02-05-2024 12:25 PM

Any diploma holders from other govt SB/ Min. got their degree (SUSS, SUTD, SIT) and joined LTA recently and was offered a degree holder position?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 12:59 PM

Surprised at your question… assume you’re applying via Careers@Gov portal, it’s no different from other applications, click on ‘Apply Now’ at top of page, you need to have an account then fill in your details.

Pay, you can Google online from Glassdoor..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277142)

Land Transport Authority
Entry level
Fixed Terms, Full-time
Closing in 6 day(s)
0 Applicant(s)

What the role is
[What the role is]

Unregistered 02-05-2024 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277441)
if kena called for election duty, will b paid hw much?

Depends on election experience. If you are a grunt, then $200++.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277462)
The new obu design really...haiz

Cui... worst CE of all time. Flip roti prata again....

s://.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/erp-processing-units-install-drivers-footwell-side-lta-4308136

Unregistered 06-05-2024 08:42 PM

Fresh Grad apply to RAOM how much ah

Fresh Grad apply to RAOM as Engineer how much ah. 2nd Upp Honours.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277892)
Fresh Grad apply to RAOM as Engineer how much ah. 2nd Upp Honours.

Fch - 5.3k

Unregistered 06-05-2024 09:59 PM

4 yoe, what title and salary to expect from LTA?
Local U , engineering degree

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277909)
4 yoe, what title and salary to expect from LTA?
Local U , engineering degree

Exec engineer LTE7.

Unregistered 07-05-2024 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277906)

Fch - 5.3k

Dream more maybe can even hit 5.5

Unregistered 08-05-2024 06:35 PM

Just received an offer from lta, lte8 deputy manager about 6.5 k, mx12. HR told me there is a MArket adjustment component added on top of the base, which is 1.7k, I was surprised that LTA pay so.much more than other stat board. Anyone knows why only LTA pay monthly basis Mac?

Unregistered 08-05-2024 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278037)
Just received an offer from lta, lte8 deputy manager about 6.5 k, mx12. HR told me there is a MArket adjustment component added on top of the base, which is 1.7k, I was surprised that LTA pay so.much more than other stat board. Anyone knows why only LTA pay monthly basis Mac?

Congrats, but as an ex LTA staff, depending on the division you are going to, I might not touch it even with a 10 feet pole.

Workload is way too high, extremely toxic and political too. Not exaggerating when I say I know multiple people who got depression working there.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 09:08 PM

Quote:

You are deputy project manager or deputy manager. MAC (market adjusted component) is usually paid out once a year and often 1-2months.

And if I not wrong only RAIL related division has it

Unregistered 08-05-2024 09:58 PM

Quote:

how many years of experience do you have since graduation

Unregistered 08-05-2024 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278050)
You are deputy project manager or deputy manager. MAC (market adjusted component) is usually paid out once a year and often 1-2months.

All engineering track receives MAC, ranging from 1-2 months depending on national economy. LTE8 6.5k is about right. But I’m more curious about the 1.7k MAC component that OP claimed, that is like HR guaranteeing you ~3.1 months of MAC every year, which is bs. Unless OP mistaken that as MAC+MYB+YEB+13th month

Unregistered 08-05-2024 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278050)

I am offered deputy manager, not deputy project manager. also not from rail related.

HR told me it's paid in monthly basis, means 6.5 + 1.7 = 8.2k gross per month.

It seems only LTA is paying this MAC on monthly basis as I am currently working at another SB and dont have this.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278062)
I am offered deputy manager, not deputy project manager. also not from rail related.

HR told me it's paid in monthly basis, means 6.5 + 1.7 = 8.2k gross per month.

It seems only LTA is paying this MAC on monthly basis as I am currently working at another SB and dont have this.

I think either you got it wrong or hr is lying to you. MAC is NEVER on a monthly basis.

It is UP TO 1.7 months. You are not guaranteed this amount. The amount is determined based on the economy and budget. That is it. There are people that are in the same division but ended up never receiving MAC. Some get it some don't.

Your salary is $6.5k x 12 months = $78k + UP TO 1.7 months = 79.7k.

It is not $8.2k. LTA is not govtech.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278065)
I think either you got it wrong or hr is lying to you. MAC is NEVER on a monthly basis.

It is UP TO 1.7 months. You are not guaranteed this amount. The amount is determined based on the economy and budget. That is it. There are people that are in the same division but ended up never receiving MAC. Some get it some don't.

Your salary is $6.5k x 12 months = $78k + UP TO 1.7 months = 79.7k.

It is not $8.2k. LTA is not govtech.

Well, ITCD ppl does receive MAC that is divided over 12 months. But I join in your suspicion that OP is either BSing or mistaken. While 6.5k for LTE8 is about right, being guaranteed 1.7k is equivalent to 3.1 months of MAC bonus which is a bit far fetched. MAC depends on national economy. I suspect OP is mistaken and the 3.1 months component is actually MAC+MYB+YEB+13th month.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 07:01 AM

6 months contract

Hi,

Those postion from lta with 6 months temporary contract, how likely will the contract be renewed?

Unregistered 09-05-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278067)
Well, ITCD ppl does receive MAC that is divided over 12 months. But I join in your suspicion that OP is either BSing or mistaken. While 6.5k for LTE8 is about right, being guaranteed 1.7k is equivalent to 3.1 months of MAC bonus which is a bit far fetched. MAC depends on national economy. I suspect OP is mistaken and the 3.1 months component is actually MAC+MYB+YEB+13th month.

I have confirmed this at least two times with HR verbally, though I haven't received my formal letter yet, I don't think hr was bluffing me. The exact number is 1740, paid on top of base every month
. Of course you have all your right to treat my words as bs, but swear to god, I am sharing what i knew here.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278094)
I have confirmed this at least two times with HR verbally, though I haven't received my formal letter yet, I don't think hr was bluffing me. The exact number is 1740, paid on top of base every month
. Of course you have all your right to treat my words as bs, but swear to god, I am sharing what i knew here.

How many YOE do you have?

Unregistered 09-05-2024 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278094)

Well if what you said is true, then HR has some serious questions to answer - why is ITCD being paid so much more than engineering, which is the CORE business of LTA. Their PB payout is already much higher than engineering track for the same performance rating. It’s just insulting considering rail’s ridiculous work load, site hazards and graveyard shifts.

Also to OP, suggest you not reveal such accurate figure (down to $40?) to avoid HR identifying you. But appreciate you sharing here, and that begets further questions… how is HR able to give you a figure so accurate, like down to $40? Does that mean ITCD MAC is fixed? Which is even more unfair.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278067)

Good reasoning. But OP let us know once you received the official letter. I am working in LTA right now and my MAC is paid on a yearly basis (~0.8-1.5months). Would like to know if policies have changed or a truly blur HR is in existence at our company
😄