Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 25-02-2024 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269215)
It is related.

Well no harm counter proposing if you really want and have some justification for the figure.

I believe HR would usually quote after comparing and pegging to other internal candidates with similar experience. So if your argument is based on market rate alone it may not work, unless you know other candidates or employees with comparable experience who were offered higher.

But you can try then let here know how it went!

Unregistered 26-02-2024 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269231)
Well no harm counter proposing if you really want and have some justification for the figure.

I believe HR would usually quote after comparing and pegging to other internal candidates with similar experience. So if your argument is based on market rate alone it may not work, unless you know other candidates or employees with comparable experience who were offered higher.

But you can try then let here know how it went!

The current annual compensation offer comes with little increment. Not sure if this is a norm here?

Unregistered 26-02-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269285)
The current annual compensation offer comes with little increment. Not sure if this is a norm here?

I understand that the annual salary increment is usually a few hundred dollars. Was that what you were informed?

Unregistered 26-02-2024 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269292)
I understand that the annual salary increment is usually a few hundred dollars. Was that what you were informed?

Yes. So the offer is not very attractive

Unregistered 26-02-2024 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269313)
Yes. So the offer is not very attractive

on the contrary, have one friend who claims year-on-year increment is pretty decent, few hundreds per month increment for above-average performance

Unregistered 27-02-2024 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269322)
on the contrary, have one friend who claims year-on-year increment is pretty decent, few hundreds per month increment for above-average performance

Was your friend referring to promotion year or the salary adjustment around covid time? Few hundreds per month increment is at least $2500 per year, from what I know such quantum of increment on YOY basis is unheard of for most people, unless your friend is superstar or senior manager.. most people here are commenting as average rank and file position..

Unregistered 27-02-2024 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256759)
AD1 here with 4 years total experience drawing 6k.

Is this current?

Unregistered 28-02-2024 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269377)
Is this current?

More or less yes

Unregistered 29-02-2024 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269292)

Hi, May I check if you mean that new hires joining MAS will usually only get an increment of a few hundred dollars on the last drawn total annual compensation (base + bonus)? Or do you mean on last drawn monthly base pay?

I have about 6-7 years of experience, based on previous posts seems like I’ll likely enter at AD2..any feedback/advice on salary package will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Unregistered 29-02-2024 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269480)
Hi, May I check if you mean that new hires joining MAS will usually only get an increment of a few hundred dollars on the last drawn total annual compensation (base + bonus)? Or do you mean on last drawn monthly base pay?

I have about 6-7 years of experience, based on previous posts seems like I’ll likely enter at AD2..any feedback/advice on salary package will be appreciated.

Thanks!

I believe the previous posters were referring to annual increment after joining MAS, i.e. every year your monthly salary may increase by a few hundred dollars.

Salary package for AD2 has been discussed before in earlier threads, the ceiling may be up to 9k or so but where along the scale they offer you when you join is really based on their valuation of your experience!

What your current last drawn?