Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   HDB (under MND) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1790-housing-development-board-under-mnd.html)

Unregistered 18-02-2015 10:18 AM

Period before getting called for Interview

I've applied through Careers@Gov on 2 February and was advised to wait for 3 weeks before getting some information. Would like to know generally how long does one gets to be called up for interview.

I'm a 2nd Upper applying for Estate Manager post as well.

Unregistered 18-02-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62972)
I've applied through Careers@Gov on 2 February and was advised to wait for 3 weeks before getting some information. Would like to know generally how long does one gets to be called up for interview.

I'm a 2nd Upper applying for Estate Manager post as well.

what major are you?

Unregistered 18-02-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62974)
what major are you?

Mechanical Design Engineering

Unregistered 18-02-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62977)
Mechanical Design Engineering

ok that time i applied for estate manager. it took 3 weeks for them to give me back a call for interview. interview was 1 week later. 1 round only the interview. my friend made it and i didnt.

all the best for ur application...

Unregistered 23-02-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62989)
ok that time i applied for estate manager. it took 3 weeks for them to give me back a call for interview. interview was 1 week later. 1 round only the interview. my friend made it and i didnt.

all the best for ur application...

Thanks for the advice! :)

Unregistered 10-03-2015 02:19 PM

any chance of a third class making it into the role of estate manager? i'm majoring in mechanical engineering

Unregistered 15-03-2015 07:38 AM

Can anyone share how's the interview like for estate manger ?

Unregistered 15-03-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64146)
Can anyone share how's the interview like for estate manger ?

u got an interview? when did u apply?

Sg2015 15-03-2015 09:54 PM

Accountant role in HDB

Hi all,

May I know if anyone has any insights of accountants in HDB I.e. the scope, team size, and progression etc?

Thank you in advance for sharing.

Unregistered 21-03-2015 01:16 AM

Working in HDB

For the post of estate manager, it is quite a general position so even if you only have a degree and no honours, I believe you can apply and get the job.

Usually for estate manager position, you may want to read the description. You are likely to be doing a more Ops or frontline job either at the Branch Office or HQ. They would be interested to know if you can handle customers especially if it is a frontline position. It is useful if you are able to write well because you may have to write replies to customers often too.

Life is good here, the people are overall nice and friendly. In a way, the atmosphere is quite family-like. Some here said that HDB people have no ambition.. I just feel that we do our job as best we can and not that interested in backstabbing or climbing the corporate ladder. There are definitely scholars around who will automatically get better pay grades and positions much faster than you but we all know non-scholars dont even need to try fighting with them.. so why not just zen and not stress ourselves too much?

Depending on where you work at, you may need to work saturdays or you may end up having to do OT. Still, I say depends mainly on your efficiency. I have many colleagues who leave on the dot. Work-life balance is always on our minds.. even if we may not be able to always attain it.

Career progression is alright. As a non-honors degree holder, I feel that I have gotten decent increments and bonuses. Generally, if you're an average worker, you ll probably receive around a total of 2.5 to 3 months of bonus (including 13th month), but if you do better than average, you may receive up to 5 months or more (including 13th month).

Location of HDB HQ is excellent in TPY, work is okay, people are very nice, also we have a "clubhouse" at the TPY interchange where there's a cafe, a tiny arcade, an exercise studio, a gym, and badminton courts. We also have most of our training courses there on another level.

I really think we have it alright here in HDB.