Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1646-government-singapore-investment-corporation-government-singapore-investment-corporation.html)

Unregistered 01-06-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171760)
Hi, Risk dept refers to ERM and/or Insurance? Would like to know if there are opportunities there and if GIC really does take risks seriously.

Thanks

you clearly dont know risk (ERM? Insurance?!)... why would GIC not take risk seriously? the entire team is made up of really scholarly/ academically rooted people. it isnt only about doing a job, you need to be dead curious of the theories behind the work.

Unregistered 11-06-2021 01:05 PM

Anyone knows how the culture is like for corporate services (investment services, risk, legal teams?). Is it long hours, highly stress? Thanks. Mid career jump but jus started a family. Want to know the culture before deciding.

Unregistered 12-06-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173568)
Anyone knows how the culture is like for corporate services (investment services, risk, legal teams?). Is it long hours, highly stress? Thanks. Mid career jump but jus started a family. Want to know the culture before deciding.

super long hours and high stress.

Unregistered 12-06-2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173806)
super long hours and high stress.

Thanks so much for sharing! Got any examples? I imagine government-linked to be a little more stable but seems like not.

Unregistered 20-06-2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173907)
Thanks so much for sharing! Got any examples? I imagine government-linked to be a little more stable but seems like not.

I think GIC has a pretty good life balance for back office roles. This is my own perception haha maybe someone inside can give a better view.

Unregistered 21-06-2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174912)
I think GIC has a pretty good life balance for back office roles. This is my own perception haha maybe someone inside can give a better view.

second that

Unregistered 22-06-2021 08:20 PM

Thanks so much. Still have some time to decide haha. Hopefully all goes well. Appreciate if anyone inside could share with me more about the culture/team/worklife? Thanks alot!

Unregistered 29-06-2021 06:43 PM

Does anybody know what to expect for a year 1 VP at temasek? Corporate function.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175199)
Thanks so much. Still have some time to decide haha. Hopefully all goes well. Appreciate if anyone inside could share with me more about the culture/team/worklife? Thanks alot!

Which BO function & level? And what is the salary range offered to you?

Unregistered 01-07-2021 05:40 PM

You might be better off asking in a temasek forum thread! Heard the culture in gic is better than in temasek.