Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1646-government-singapore-investment-corporation-government-singapore-investment-corporation.html)

Unregistered 17-12-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90397)
My friend don't have 10k as AVP in GIC doing IT. Where is your source?

Hi, do you know what's the pay scheme like for AVP in corporate service? Base salary and bonus

Unregistered 20-12-2016 08:04 PM

How much is the pay for IT Analyst and Senior IT Analyst in GIC? How does this compare to AVP?

Unregistered 20-12-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93178)
How much is the pay for IT Analyst and Senior IT Analyst in GIC? How does this compare to AVP?

Analyst are mostly 8-10k region and senior 10-12k.

Unregistered 22-12-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93183)
Analyst are mostly 8-10k region and senior 10-12k.

Are you working inside GIC? Where is the AVP rank?

Unregistered 24-01-2017 11:58 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm also interested in how much GIC pays. Some of us really intent to move to there.

I've checked Glassdoor, and it shows:

AVP, 6 salaries, $123k / year, or $10.2k / month
Analyst, 2 salaries, $58k - 94k / year, or average $6.3k / month
Associate, 1 salary, $76 - 84k / year, or average $6.7k / month

So we see Analyst / Associate around $7k / month and AVP around $10k / month.

Got people to verify? I saw earlier some one say AVP $15k / month. How come it isn't confirmed by Glassdoor.

Unregistered 24-01-2017 01:45 PM

Not as high as you thought, but definitely higher than other industry - ex worker

Unregistered 24-01-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94027)
Not as high as you thought, but definitely higher than other industry - ex worker

Thank you for the comment "ex-worker". But again, why so vague. Can someone just say true or false to this: Analyst / Associate around $7k / month and AVP around $10k / month?

Unregistered 24-01-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94029)
Thank you for the comment "ex-worker". But again, why so vague. Can someone just say true or false to this: Analyst / Associate around $7k / month and AVP around $10k / month?

It depends on which business units/functions you are. back office IT is 4k+ for graduate, ~5% pay increase each year, and substantially pay jump when you get promoted to next level. front office analyst obviously earns double that amount for equal experience. Also, gic has no analyst level, they start from associate even thought your name card says you are an analyst.

AVP in IT could probably earns 6k+ and above as base salary.

Unregistered 24-01-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94032)
It depends on which business units/functions you are. back office IT is 4k+ for graduate, ~5% pay increase each year, and substantially pay jump when you get promoted to next level. front office analyst obviously earns double that amount for equal experience. Also, gic has no analyst level, they start from associate even thought your name card says you are an analyst.

AVP in IT could probably earns 6k+ and above as base salary.

Thank you. At least we're getting some where. Thank you for clarifying too. I know for a fact that my classmate from a top US school works in GIC. She's a scholar and her LinkedIn says 'Analyst'. Going by what you said about their name cards, then I guess she's internally known as an Associate.

And I'm talking about the investing functions. So based on the numbers you've provided can you say true or false to this:

Investment function, Associate: S$8,000 / month.
Investment function, AVP: S$13,000 / month.

Also, supposed you join as an associate. How long till you reach AVP? Btw, there's a point in me talking about all this.

Thank you again.

Unregistered 24-01-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94038)
Thank you. At least we're getting some where. Thank you for clarifying too. I know for a fact that my classmate from a top US school works in GIC. She's a scholar and her LinkedIn says 'Analyst'. Going by what you said about their name cards, then I guess she's internally known as an Associate.

And I'm talking about the investing functions. So based on the numbers you've provided can you say true or false to this:

Investment function, Associate: S$8,000 / month.
Investment function, AVP: S$13,000 / month.

Also, supposed you join as an associate. How long till you reach AVP? Btw, there's a point in me talking about all this.

Thank you again.

Yes, roughly that figure. It takes 4 - 5 years from associate to avp.