Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   HTX (Home Team Science and Technology Agency) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/14138-htx-home-team-science-technology-agency.html)

_bluehavens 07-10-2021 09:33 AM

HTX (Home Team Science and Technology Agency)

Opening a new thread for HTX...

Anyone knows what the fresh grad pay at HTX is like?
I heard from friends that they have had some big pay jumps over the last few years to match up to DSTA/DSO and maybe Govtech...

Also being in civil service, do men get paid that $400 a month more than women too?

Unregistered 07-10-2021 09:45 AM

GovTech > DSTA > DSO > HTX

_bluehavens 07-10-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185527)

And this is based on?

Pay or prestige?

Unregistered 07-10-2021 09:50 AM

pay and prestige

Unregistered 07-10-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185527)

Let me correct that for you:
Govtech > DSO > DSTA/HTX

Unregistered 08-10-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185622)
Let me correct that for you:
Govtech > DSO > DSTA/HTX

Yep DSO pays higher than DSTA and is harder to get into

_bluehavens 08-10-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185631)
Yep DSO pays higher than DSTA and is harder to get into

Interesting, thats what I heard from another user too.
Only thing i dont understand is why the media ALWAYS reports about DSTA but hardly ever mentions DSO...

Almost as tho the media is biased against DSO or something

Unregistered 08-10-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _bluehavens (Post 185683)
Interesting, thats what I heard from another user too.
Only thing i dont understand is why the media ALWAYS reports about DSTA but hardly ever mentions DSO...

Almost as tho the media is biased against DSO or something

Every equipment/tech that deploys in the SAF is managed by DSTA. DSO only appears in the news when their R&D actually manages to produce something deployable.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 07:39 PM

Anyone recently join HTX?, How long it takes?.. starting salary for freshie got $4k?

Unregistered 18-10-2021 02:36 AM

HTX S&T Associate Programme

Anyone recently joined the S&T associate programme or interviewed for it? What is your experience like?

Unregistered 15-11-2021 02:49 PM

Anyone able to share the typical timeline for interview outcome?

Unregistered 15-11-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190084)
Anyone able to share the typical timeline for interview outcome?

Share u mine.. first interview face to face, second interview abt 2 weeks later via zoom with Director.. 2 days after 2nd interview call me they want procees further.. pass all documentation.. abt 4mths later then the salary offer came..

Unregistered 17-11-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190119)
Share u mine.. first interview face to face, second interview abt 2 weeks later via zoom with Director.. 2 days after 2nd interview call me they want procees further.. pass all documentation.. abt 4mths later then the salary offer came..

did they update you about the process along the way or just radio silence till 4 months later?

Unregistered 02-12-2021 09:41 PM

Anyone knows how's the pay increment like in HTX? And promotion increment?

Unregistered 06-12-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Hello! Do you mind sharing what kind of questions were asked for the second interview?

Unregistered 06-12-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Great patience to wait 4 months. Most would've found a new job by then.

Unregistered 07-12-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192739)
Hello! Do you mind sharing what kind of questions were asked for the second interview?

second interview will include Director and HR. Director just ask me abt my past work experience that I had at. quite ok actually, and previously was done via zoom, so i'm more relaxed.

Unregistered 07-12-2021 09:13 AM

hello, anyone knows what is the MX level for XT6 and XT7? for fresh grade visit starts at XT5 and not XT6? thanks!

Unregistered 07-12-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192778)
hello, anyone knows what is the MX level for XT6 and XT7? for fresh grade visit starts at XT5 and not XT6? thanks!

fresh grad likely start off at XT5 cos XT6 start pay is to high for fresh grad, almost near 5k.

Unregistered 07-12-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192773)
second interview will include Director and HR. Director just ask me abt my past work experience that I had at. quite ok actually, and previously was done via zoom, so i'm more relaxed.

Thanks for sharing! Attending the second interview soon so I'm quite nervous haha.

Unregistered 14-12-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192822)
Thanks for sharing! Attending the second interview soon so I'm quite nervous haha.

Hi, what department did you applied ? after closing date how many day they contact you for interview ?

Unregistered 27-12-2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193686)
Hi, what department did you applied ? after closing date how many day they contact you for interview ?

hello! I applied for the HTX Associate role.
I applied in Sep, they contacted me for psychometric test one week later.
After that they took almost a month to contact me for the first interview.

Unregistered 27-12-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195233)
hello! I applied for the HTX Associate role.
I applied in Sep, they contacted me for psychometric test one week later.
After that they took almost a month to contact me for the first interview.

Hi did you receive the offer in the end? If yes mind sharing the salary they offered?

Unregistered 28-12-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195298)
Hi did you receive the offer in the end? If yes mind sharing the salary they offered?

unfortunately they rejected me 😂

Unregistered 28-12-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195420)

Did they share the reason?

There are many better paying tech agencies out there. Htx usually bottom choices for most candidates. How many can they affort to reject.. lol

Unregistered 28-12-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195420)

I see! All the best for your other job interviews!

Unregistered 29-12-2021 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195433)

There are many better paying tech agencies out there. Htx usually bottom choices for most candidates. How many can they affort to reject.. lol

Don't be sour grapes la. There is only one better paying agency which is govtech, provided you are in computer engineering or cyber field. All other tech agencies pay about the same if you are in technical scheme. The pay varies because of the classification of your degree. HTX is not easy to get in, you know yourself because obviously you haven't even got the offer. If HTX you can't get in, i don't think you can even go in to DSTA and DSO. Quite a number of the colleagues, especially Head and DD level in HTX came from DSTA so they have their benchmark when it comes to selection of candidate.

Unregistered 29-12-2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195433)

Nope they didn’t, but I think it may be because it was quite obvious that I’m not super keen on doing research, which is the main JD for this role.
Heard that a lot of people apply for this though 👀👀

Unregistered 29-12-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195439)
I see! All the best for your other job interviews!

thanks! all the best to you too ☺️

Unregistered 29-12-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195514)
Don't be sour grapes la. There is only one better paying agency which is govtech, provided you are in computer engineering or cyber field. All other tech agencies pay about the same if you are in technical scheme. The pay varies because of the classification of your degree. HTX is not easy to get in, you know yourself because obviously you haven't even got the offer. If HTX you can't get in, i don't think you can even go in to DSTA and DSO. Quite a number of the colleagues, especially Head and DD level in HTX came from DSTA so they have their benchmark when it comes to selection of candidate.

I didn't even apply to HTX cause I alr accepted a DFIR offer at Meta (FB).

Unregistered 29-12-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195546)

Congrats way better than HTX

Unregistered 29-12-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195665)
Congrats way better than HTX

Congrats for getting in Metta school..😂

Unregistered 29-12-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Good if it is real..lol.. Why bother to even reply in a HTX thread in the beginning..private and government are two different expectations..not like you are first day here. Lol!

Unregistered 29-12-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

How many rounds of interviews you went before being offered?

Unregistered 29-12-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195744)
How many rounds of interviews you went before being offered?

Phone screening + 3 rounds, all on the same day.

Anyway, I also considered some govt agencies, though I would prefer to join govt sector once I intend to settle down and seek more stability and work life balance. For now, career is priority, but perhaps family and children might be more impt.

The grind at Big Tech is real, and it's no coincidence that majority are around my age (mid to early 30s).

Unregistered 30-12-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195745)
Phone screening + 3 rounds, all on the same day.

Anyway, I also considered some govt agencies, though I would prefer to join govt sector once I intend to settle down and seek more stability and work life balance. For now, career is priority, but perhaps family and children might be more impt.

The grind at Big Tech is real, and it's no coincidence that majority are around my age (mid to early 30s).

it traditional thinking to think that govt agencies have work life balance (wlb). i'm pretty sure HTX frontier staff is not having much wlb.

Do consider going to public sector only when you want to contribute to the good of Singapore.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195754)
it traditional thinking to think that govt agencies have work life balance (wlb). i'm pretty sure HTX frontier staff is not having much wlb.

Do consider going to public sector only when you want to contribute to the good of Singapore.

Public sector jobs are more stable for older folks in their late 40s and 50s.

For youngsters, even if Facebook/Google or banks have layoffs and retrenchments, they can always look for new jobs since they're only in their 20s and 30s.

If you're laid off in your late 40s, 50s, it's pretty much game over for you unless you have connections aka "guan xi".

Unregistered 30-12-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195782)
Public sector jobs are more stable for older folks in their late 40s and 50s.

For youngsters, even if Facebook/Google or banks have layoffs and retrenchments, they can always look for new jobs since they're only in their 20s and 30s.

If you're laid off in your late 40s, 50s, it's pretty much game over for you unless you have connections aka "guan xi".

Yes agreed.... I know of an SVP in a local bank earning 250k+ per annum who got retrenched in mid 40s. He's been jobless since covid started since he cannot find a similar job. Fortunately his mortgage is fully paid otherwise he will die cock stand....

Unregistered 31-12-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195803)
Yes agreed.... I know of an SVP in a local bank earning 250k+ per annum who got retrenched in mid 40s. He's been jobless since covid started since he cannot find a similar job. Fortunately his mortgage is fully paid otherwise he will die cock stand....

250k per annum is like 20k per month, surely he has sufficient savings to relax for a bit.

Unregistered 02-01-2022 04:50 PM

Govtech, HTX and DSTA are **** hole, to avoid at all cost.