Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 12-05-2022 01:44 AM

For those that are waiting for a reply, did you apply directly to NCS or did a recruiter contact you?

Personally, a recruiter contacted me and scheduled me for an interview with NCS for a contract job where I received the offer from them on the same day. Also, are there any other peeps here who received a contract offer from NCS? Would like to know what's the estimated salary range for the contract position. (My offer is 4.2k btw)

Unregistered 12-05-2022 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217567)
For those that are waiting for a reply, did you apply directly to NCS or did a recruiter contact you?

Personally, a recruiter contacted me and scheduled me for an interview with NCS for a contract job where I received the offer from them on the same day. Also, are there any other peeps here who received a contract offer from NCS? Would like to know what's the estimated salary range for the contract position. (My offer is 4.2k btw)

Depend on the job scope and your work experiences.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217572)
Depend on the job scope and your work experiences.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add it in. I'm a fresh grad and it's for a SWE role.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217574)

for a fresh grad, i assume u are not from CS? else 4.2k u are getting wayyy lowballed lol. is there 13th money included for you? how about bonus?

Unregistered 12-05-2022 04:15 AM

13th month *

Unregistered 12-05-2022 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217576)
for a fresh grad, i assume u are not from CS? else 4.2k u are getting wayyy lowballed lol. is there 13th money included for you? how about bonus?

I graduated from SIM with a computer science degree. Upon completion there’s a bonus of 4.2k. What should I be expecting?

Unregistered 12-05-2022 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217578)
I graduated from SIM with a computer science degree. Upon completion there’s a bonus of 4.2k. What should I be expecting?

ah i see. depends on what other offers you are able to secure in that case. if this is your only one then i am afraid you dont really have a choice either.

do try to find out from your peers what they are getting as well.

local CS grads are getting 5.5k average, some can be up to 7-8k for faang level. ofc cannot be directly comparable but helpful for a sense of reference.

i also assume ncs did not give u any technical interview? if that is the case i would suggest you to look elsewhere as it is a big red flag for software engineering.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217574)

Suggest you apply directly. Since you are fresher, apply the nucleus program.
Don’t take up the contract role.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217586)
Suggest you apply directly. Since you are fresher, apply the nucleus program.
Don’t take up the contract role.

How much is the salary? With 13th month bonus?

Unregistered 12-05-2022 10:29 AM

How’s work culture at NCS?