Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   IMDA (under MCI) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11815-imda-under-mci.html)

Unregistered 28-09-2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256812)
Nope, I don't see a need to defend the leadership of IMDA. The posts and posters here already reflect how nonsensical the whole organization is.

You can easily take a look at the forums for other stat boards and ministries and see the difference yourself. The posts in those forums don't call for XX person or YY person to step down in every single page.

The fact of the matter is that IMDA has no strong reason to exist, that's why staff keep doing funny things to appear relevant.

Even if IMDA were to close down tomorrow, no one will bat an eyelid.

It's best you all get off the ship. If you want to work in an IT-related field in the public service, there are many other stat boards where you can do so.

No wonder they parachute LCH the worst ever gov scholar there

Unregistered 29-09-2023 11:25 AM

Heartfelt thanks to HR for its selective vision

We would like to take a moment to express our gratitude to our HR colleagues for their extraordinary talent in dealing with the issues of abuse in IMDA. It's truly a marvel to behold how they managed to ignore everything while maintaining a facade of professionalism.

HR is a great example of selective vision and unparalleled indifference. We commend you for your unwavering commitment to turning a blind eye to the concerns and well-being of staff. In a world where empathy is considered a virtue, your steadfast refusal to acknowledge abuses occuring is a refreshing departure from the norm.

We are in awe of your problem-solving skills, especially when it comes to trivialising the very real experiences of staff.

We assessed that a healthy work environment is overrated and HR is here to remind us of that every day. Who needs a workplace where people feel respected when we can have an HR department that excels at maintaining the status quo?

So, to our dear HR team, we say, "Keep up the great work!" Your dedication to indifference and your talent for ignoring the abuses happening are truly something to be celebrated.

With sarcastic admiration,
IMDA staff

Unregistered 29-09-2023 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257051)
We would like to take a moment to express our gratitude to our HR colleagues for their extraordinary talent in dealing with the issues of abuse in IMDA. It's truly a marvel to behold how they managed to ignore everything while maintaining a facade of professionalism.

HR is a great example of selective vision and unparalleled indifference. We commend you for your unwavering commitment to turning a blind eye to the concerns and well-being of staff. In a world where empathy is considered a virtue, your steadfast refusal to acknowledge abuses occuring is a refreshing departure from the norm.

We are in awe of your problem-solving skills, especially when it comes to trivialising the very real experiences of staff.

We assessed that a healthy work environment is overrated and HR is here to remind us of that every day. Who needs a workplace where people feel respected when we can have an HR department that excels at maintaining the status quo?

So, to our dear HR team, we say, "Keep up the great work!" Your dedication to indifference and your talent for ignoring the abuses happening are truly something to be celebrated.

With sarcastic admiration,
IMDA staff

Their director posted thank you messages to her “solid” team for “excellent work” done wor. Hr team so big, celebrate so loudly. Don’t know what they cheering for. Making IMDA miserable place to work in?

Unregistered 29-09-2023 09:49 PM

LCH and the HR dept need to hire their own publicists if they want to clear their bad rep. I remember awhile back the marketing & comms dept were hiring someone who can do thought leadership for the senior management, most probably for LCH. Can you imagine positioning that incompetent guy as the subject matter expert in front of press media? Like, he can't even convince techies in IMDA his competency, now he need publicists to position him as tech expert?!!

Unregistered 30-09-2023 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257105)
LCH and the HR dept need to hire their own publicists if they want to clear their bad rep. I remember awhile back the marketing & comms dept were hiring someone who can do thought leadership for the senior management, most probably for LCH. Can you imagine positioning that incompetent guy as the subject matter expert in front of press media? Like, he can't even convince techies in IMDA his competency, now he need publicists to position him as tech expert?!!

I remembered seeing LCH being interviewed by CNA during this year's ATxSG. It looked so choreographed and cringey. He obviously memorised all the answers but pretended like he has the domain knowledge. Kudos to the CNA presenter for keeping a straight face.

Unregistered 30-09-2023 04:11 PM

You guys say HR sucks but they are still so happy. Celebrated their “achievements” somemore. The HR team is so big it’s amazing why they need so many ppl to support the company.

Unregistered 30-09-2023 05:02 PM

IMDA folks, I need your perspective on this. I tried sending an email to a few directors in imda. My email was delivered to all, except one director.

I was notified by the mail delivery subsystem that my message to the person wasn't delivered because address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

Er, but I copy and paste the email address from SGDI directly, and my previous emails to the said director were delivered successfully a few weeks ago.

Does this imply that the director has left imda? Or the director blocked me from emailing her?
Does gov IT system allows employees to block someone from communicating with them?

Now my mind is full of ???.

Unregistered 30-09-2023 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257174)
You guys say HR sucks but they are still so happy. Celebrated their “achievements” somemore. The HR team is so big it’s amazing why they need so many ppl to support the company.

I'm wondering what kind of achievements when the HR person that handled my recruitment blatantly lied to me about a few matters.

Unregistered 30-09-2023 09:00 PM

Why does IMDA hire PRs from China and India? I'm not referring to C-suite level but your average AM and M roles.

The job doesn't even require niche skills so there's no reason not to hire locals...some more this is a gov agency.

The recruitment process is so sus

Unregistered 30-09-2023 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257187)
Why does IMDA hire PRs from China and India? I'm not referring to C-suite level but your average AM and M roles.

The job doesn't even require niche skills so there's no reason not to hire locals...some more this is a gov agency.

The recruitment process is so sus

Main reason is because they have difficulties hiring Singaporeans with its reputation. Most Singaporeans would have seen glassdoor and salary forum review before they try to apply.