Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   IMDA (under MCI) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11815-imda-under-mci.html)

Unregistered 09-12-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193011)
Oh thanks for informing! But I can't seem to find this clause in my employment contract. Where did you see it?

It is under the FAQ under HR policies and SOP? It might not have been updated yearly so based on the latest version. Also, i have verified with HR previously when i left.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167729)
Hmmm to protect the identity of my friend, i wont reveal the exact period he/she left, all i can say is not very long. He/she worked barely few months. According to my friend, tesa has super high turn over rate because the culture and the boss is toxic. The demoralization can be felt within weeks you are there because the boss has anger management issue and has the habit of "name and shame" you infront of internal and external parties. It just makes one feel so super unappreciated after long hours of working. People can't wait to leave for the sake of their mental well-being? In my point of view, i am actually quite shocked when my friend told me about such bosses because i thought such era should have long gone? And working in public service before we have a code of conduct to follow and i seriously doubted the capability of HR getting rid of such bosses.

Many people i spoke to agree that imda in general is working super long hours and is common to work past mid night because directions keep changing and so are the working document (e.g. PowerPoint) that is required to be submitted or presented to the management. It is all about amending papers and ppt to what the bosses would like it to be. The way my friend spoke about it makes me feel like, everyone is required to be a marketeer.

The HRBP is VO.... Useless HR officer

No wonder the ****ed up Dirs could get away with it

Unregistered 11-12-2021 12:27 AM

dont think its as bad as what its being said here. mostly ppl from private cant take it

Unregistered 11-12-2021 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184903)
GovTech and CSA on par

IMDA is filled with generalists (pun intended) so nothing glamorous about it

Why so bitter about generalists? They get to be your boss! :)

Unregistered 11-12-2021 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189335)
Sounds like a good place for me to accept the offer. I've been in pte sector and am currently looking for a role with better work life balance to spend more time looking after kids. Hopefully HR can match my last drawn salary and I won't have much work to do.

Er... IMDA is not a place for retirement unless you are so low on the radar doing pure ops work AND all of your bosses have no intention to impress their bosses. You have to be very careful with which department you are joining and the dynamics between your team with senior management. If you want a retirement job, make sure your job role allows you to lie low. Otherwise, kiss goodbye to your sanity and sleep.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193327)
Why so bitter about generalists? They get to be your boss! :)

Generalist boss always screw the department up because they don't know what they don't know, don't know what they themselves are talking and confuse everyone, and don't know what they themselves want.

Our dear Mr Ted is a good example. Hahaha.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193348)
Generalist boss always screw the department up because they don't know what they don't know, don't know what they themselves are talking and confuse everyone, and don't know what they themselves want.

Our dear Mr Ted is a good example. Hahaha.

what u just said has nothing to do with generalist.

a general manager is a generalist btw

Unregistered 11-12-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193357)
what u just said has nothing to do with generalist.

a general manager is a generalist btw

A generalist is referring to a person competent in several different fields or activities.

Hence, those competent in other fields other than what IMDA is championing is a generalist, right.

A manager having the skillsets and competent in the fields iMDA is championing is not a generalist.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193358)
A generalist is referring to a person competent in several different fields or activities.

Hence, those competent in other fields other than what IMDA is championing is a generalist, right.

A manager having the skillsets and competent in the fields iMDA is championing is not a generalist.

ok got it. 💪

Unregistered 11-12-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193328)
Er... IMDA is not a place for retirement unless you are so low on the radar doing pure ops work AND all of your bosses have no intention to impress their bosses. You have to be very careful with which department you are joining and the dynamics between your team with senior management. If you want a retirement job, make sure your job role allows you to lie low. Otherwise, kiss goodbye to your sanity and sleep.

Put it this way. I cannot coast and go home on time when I was working in a foreign bank without worrying if I'll be retrenched during cost cutting for average/below average performance. I can coast in IMDA without worrying about getting laid off, worst case just get a default C grade, which is ok to me. In fact, last year, I got C+ for not doing much. LOL