Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   CSA (Cyber Security Agency) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11355-csa-cyber-security-agency.html)

Unregistered 04-05-2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberfitt (Post 247658)
Alright, thanks alot for the advice! Just wanted to mentally prep myself that it's not going to be a huge paycut haha

What did you major in for local uni? :)

cyberfitt 04-05-2023 06:09 PM

mech engineering. However i went on to the business sector for a few years instead of engineering, hence the mid career switch

Unregistered 04-05-2023 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberfitt (Post 247663)
mech engineering. However i went on to the business sector for a few years instead of engineering, hence the mid career switch

i think science and engineering degree from local uni still not too bad :)

how many YOE do u have? :)

cyberfitt 04-05-2023 07:36 PM

around ~2 years!

Unregistered 04-05-2023 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberfitt (Post 247669)
around ~2 years!

not bad bro! your monthly 7k includes or excludes bonuses?

stat boards do give better bonuses, so HR might use it to give a slight paycut for monthly base

Unregistered 08-05-2023 12:30 PM

So many discussions on CSDP and technical roles.

what about the non-technical roles/divs in CSA? How's the working culture like?

Also, for someone with about 10 yrs of working experience, what grade (MX scheme? since CSA is managed by MCI) and the salary range? Does CSA follow the MX pay scheme or they have slightly different payscale?

Unregistered 08-05-2023 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247933)

Also, for someone with about 10 yrs of working experience, what grade (MX scheme? since CSA is managed by MCI) and the salary range? Does CSA follow the MX pay scheme or they have slightly different payscale?

Interested to know about this too!

Unregistered 09-05-2023 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247933)

Both MX and technical scheme, to be emplaced in the latter you need professional certifications and pass 2 tests during the interview phase. CSDP is under the technical scheme.

Unregistered 15-05-2023 03:35 PM

CSIT or CSA

CSIT also launched a programme last week. Looks like similar to CSDP. Anyone got advic?

Unregistered 15-05-2023 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248351)
CSIT also launched a programme last week. Looks like similar to CSDP. Anyone got advic?

Cyber Traineeship Programme (CCTP) ????
7 months intensive training with 2.5k and 3.5k stipend

Unregistered 16-05-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248371)
Cyber Traineeship Programme (CCTP) ????
7 months intensive training with 2.5k and 3.5k stipend

Seems low but CSDP OR CSIT better.?

Unregistered 17-05-2023 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248395)
Seems low but CSDP OR CSIT better.?

CSIT is a technical agency under MINDEF. so i guess it pays higher and hearsay after CCTP their jobs start at 7k and up

Unregistered 24-05-2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248418)
CSIT is a technical agency under MINDEF. so i guess it pays higher and hearsay after CCTP their jobs start at 7k and up

the bond with MINDEF is probably long too

Unregistered 09-06-2023 09:42 PM

When is the next batch of csdp?

Unregistered 22-06-2023 09:22 PM

Expect salady

Curious if anyone know corporate role AM expected salary range (for fresh grad)?

Unregistered 28-06-2023 11:06 AM

Comms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174407)
Curious when it starting?

What about the comms division? Do you know anything about the people/culture there? Maybe the expected salary for fresh grad 2nd Upper too? Thank you!

Unregistered 28-06-2023 11:07 AM

Comms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175003)
If you're headed to Strategy division, that side is full of scholars.

Ps quoted the wrong reply above.
What about the comms division? Do you know anything about the people/culture there? Maybe the expected salary for fresh grad 2nd Upper too? Thank you!

Unregistered 03-07-2023 10:57 AM

Culture quite good. Changed alot since the leadership paid more attention to work envir, well being.
HR rolled out many new initiatives to bond people.

Unregistered 24-07-2023 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251385)
Culture quite good. Changed alot since the leadership paid more attention to work envir, well being.
HR rolled out many new initiatives to bond people.

how can it be good when the middle management don't understand basic technical stuff and can only rely on junior staff to provide the answer. It should be the opposite.

Unregistered 27-07-2023 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252720)
how can it be good when the middle management don't understand basic technical stuff and can only rely on junior staff to provide the answer. It should be the opposite.

That's a lot of places in SG actually....

Unregistered 29-07-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Thats the problem of keeping dinosaurs in management.
You pay them highly but they do not provide any real value in technical expertise

Unregistered 31-07-2023 08:11 AM

Quote:

It doesn't have to be opposite IMHO. It's good. Means that young staff can have a lot of say in decision making. And young people like it when they have the autonomy to decision making.

Unregistered 31-07-2023 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252919)
That's a lot of places in SG actually....

there are many crappy companies in Singapore too. What's your point

Unregistered 31-07-2023 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253110)
It doesn't have to be opposite IMHO. It's good. Means that young staff can have a lot of say in decision making. And young people like it when they have the autonomy to decision making.

Except that the middle management is the RO and time will be wasted to educate them on the fundamental. What is worse is after educating them, due to their lack of understanding, they will still bring in irrelevant points and more justifications have to be made for something very simple. If they are one of those stubborn ones, good luck to you. So much for "autonomy to decision making".

Unregistered 01-08-2023 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253124)
Except that the middle management is the RO and time will be wasted to educate them on the fundamental. What is worse is after educating them, due to their lack of understanding, they will still bring in irrelevant points and more justifications have to be made for something very simple. If they are one of those stubborn ones, good luck to you. So much for "autonomy to decision making".

Exactly they can't keep quiet because they want to show they are needed but can't provide relavant inputs.

Unregistered 13-08-2023 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253175)
Exactly they can't keep quiet because they want to show they are needed but can't provide relavant inputs.

IMHO, the higher up one goes, their thought process and (1) decision making should be more strategic and (2) taking care of the members whom they are in-charge of. They simply should not have the time to nitpick and micro-manage because it’s damaging to both their team members morale (make them believe their work will never be up to par) and themselves (they do double work which is their own and (1) and (2).

Don’t say tech, even non-tech roles at CSA. I’ve seen with my own eyes the team lead in the tech side of CSA who places trust in his members, he even say “I’m not as tech so I don’t know that in-depth so let my guys handle” and then he goes on to take care of his team, and many who are on his team like the team culture that he has built.

My gripe is with bosses who are disconnected from the ground and think they know it all and the members on the ground are frustrated because they are dealing with the implications of whatever whack decision the boss is making from their ivory tower.

Then again as the previous poster said, this is not uncommon at work. Suck thumb Lor, as long as the boss is not narcissistic and irresponsible for their emotions is good.

Unregistered 16-08-2023 08:25 AM

Reminded me of a video by Simon Sinek.

s://vt.tiktok.com/ZSL4Ud2MM/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253923)
IMHO, the higher up one goes, their thought process and (1) decision making should be more strategic and (2) taking care of the members whom they are in-charge of. They simply should not have the time to nitpick and micro-manage because it’s damaging to both their team members morale (make them believe their work will never be up to par) and themselves (they do double work which is their own and (1) and (2).

Don’t say tech, even non-tech roles at CSA. I’ve seen with my own eyes the team lead in the tech side of CSA who places trust in his members, he even say “I’m not as tech so I don’t know that in-depth so let my guys handle” and then he goes on to take care of his team, and many who are on his team like the team culture that he has built.

My gripe is with bosses who are disconnected from the ground and think they know it all and the members on the ground are frustrated because they are dealing with the implications of whatever whack decision the boss is making from their ivory tower.

Then again as the previous poster said, this is not uncommon at work. Suck thumb Lor, as long as the boss is not narcissistic and irresponsible for their emotions is good.

Unregistered 16-08-2023 01:45 PM

Is it difficult to get into CSDP? I have 15 years of working experience but not related to CS and degree in electronics engineering with the lowest class from NUS

Unregistered 16-08-2023 08:53 PM

Don't bother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254074)
Is it difficult to get into CSDP? I have 15 years of working experience but not related to CS and degree in electronics engineering with the lowest class from NUS

Unregistered 16-08-2023 08:54 PM

Anyone knows the culture of Strat n plan?

Unregistered 17-08-2023 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254074)

I applied but did not get through and from my application experience, they’re looking for applicants who have taken active steps toward cybersecurity like a degree, understanding of Singapore’s cyber landscape and understanding of the different roles in cybersecurity.

My friend just threw his resume and didn’t hear back at all. It’s not a traineeship, it’s a full-time job plus shitload of learning opportunities thrown in. It’s literally a fast pass into cybersecurity so I’d imagine they don’t just allow any Tom dick harry in.

No offence to any tom dick or harry here ps

Unregistered 17-08-2023 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254119)
Anyone knows the culture of Strat n plan?

All scholars and high flyers here

Unregistered 20-08-2023 06:43 PM

Taking active steps vs having experience is different?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254151)
I applied but did not get through and from my application experience, they’re looking for applicants who have taken active steps toward cybersecurity like a degree, understanding of Singapore’s cyber landscape and understanding of the different roles in cybersecurity.

My friend just threw his resume and didn’t hear back at all. It’s not a traineeship, it’s a full-time job plus shitload of learning opportunities thrown in. It’s literally a fast pass into cybersecurity so I’d imagine they don’t just allow any Tom dick harry in.

Unregistered 12-09-2023 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254151)

is it possible for me to get into CSDP?

i have CPSA + CRT, OSCP, OSCE3, and some cloud cert. I am looking to join the pentesting team but heard it is very competitive

Unregistered 13-09-2023 10:56 PM

Is anyone selected for interview?

Unregistered 01-10-2023 05:06 PM

Bruh.. are you kidding me? OSC3 and you still apply for CSDP ??

Give others who want to move into cybersecurity a chance man...

With your credentials, you can easily find a job that gives you a better salary ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255745)

i have CPSA + CRT, OSCP, OSCE3, and some cloud cert. I am looking to join the pentesting team but heard it is very competitive

Unregistered 01-10-2023 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255745)

wad the.....dunno what to say if this troll post

Unregistered 04-10-2023 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247130)
Hi,

Can anyone share what is the experience of joining CSA like from the private sector? Assuming it is an exprienced hire with 7+ years experience? And can CSA generally match private sector pay?

Just have someone inside pushing for you. Got rumour that one officer left CSA for the private sector and came back 2 / 3 years later with triple promotion because hiring officer and him were good friends. Wonder if this r/s was declared to HR during the hiring process. If no declaration made, not very transparent imo.

Unregistered 05-10-2023 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257470)
Just have someone inside pushing for you. Got rumour that one officer left CSA for the private sector and came back 2 / 3 years later with triple promotion because hiring officer and him were good friends. Wonder if this r/s was declared to HR during the hiring process. If no declaration made, not very transparent imo.

Which division is this??? Any idea who the hiring officer is? This is bordering corruption and nepotism.

Unregistered 09-10-2023 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257470)

Rumor? You can tipoff the HR then they can investigate.
But will be hard to prove. If you are the hiring manager, will you hire someone because you are friends? Most managers worth their salt will not. You hire someone so that the person can help the team, if can be friends then that is bonus.