Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To share more details about the psychometric test - total of 3 segments (I did the test several years ago and they are still using the same booklets lol):

(i) Verbal reasoning
Duration: practice qns 10min + actual test 30min = total 40min
No. of qns: 60 (excluding practice qns)
There are 15 short passages of varying topics, with 4 qns accompanying each passage. This means you have about 30s to answer each qn (not including time taken to read each passage). Hence most people will not complete this segment.

[Break 5min]

(ii) Raven's progressive matrices
Duration: practice qns ~5min + actual test 20min = total 25min
No. of qns: 60 (excluding practice qns)
Majority of the qns are very straightforward and you shouldn't have any issue completing at least 90% of this segment if you're of reasonably sound mind.

[Break 5min]

(iii) Personality test
Duration: ~45min (untimed)
No. of qns: 185 (including ~15 problem-solving qns at the end)
No time pressure for this segment so pretty much everyone would be able to finish this easily.

PS/ In the confirmation email it states for the candidate to be seated by 0815–0830h. But if you're running late, not to worry as the administrator will close the door only at 0900h sharp. But it's good to arrive on time as you can calm yourself down and prepare by shading your personal details on the OMR answer sheets.
Hi, thx for sharing. Did u manage to get a post that u applied after taking the test?

I seated the test but never passed before.

Thx