Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much is your annual passive income?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CPF funds usually generate about 4k/month and now the withdrawal age is at 65. A little bit disgruntled, I did some data analysis on the growth of China. Property market there is booming, especially in the cities where the government is executing it's Mega City Development Plans. I'm heading down every couple of months to take a look at the flow of capital and their URA plans. It is very interesting. Thinking of investing in property or starting a business there but I'm now trying to raise seed money.

If you're looking for passive income opportunities in China there are plenty. Give me a shout at [email protected] and perhaps we can have coffee and discuss more about opportunities in the region.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

It seems to me you are not familiar with the CPF. In order to ensure that a person have some income till his very last day, a part of a person's CPF funds is channeled into the retirement account (RA). The rest will still be in his OA, SA and MA. Of these three accounts, you can withdraw whatever that is left in the OA & SA at age 55 when you have set aside the Basic Retirement Sum (BRS) or Full retirement sum (FRS).

For retirees, the last thing you want to do is to withdraw your CPF money which gives a guaranteed 2.5% in your OA and 4% in your SA to go and invest in a risky China venture.

For us, when we retire, we will be depending on:

Interest from our CPF OA & SA : $4k pm or $48K pa (combined)
From age 65, CPF Life payout : $4k pm or $48k pa (combined) @ ERS

This means a total income of $96k pa from age 65 onwards. This should be sufficient for us if we live frugally.