Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it could be the yearly merit increment

after graduating from NIE, you should be on the geo2(trained) scale and that will give you an increment after NIE. one year on, you'll get a merit increment. after promotion to GEO 3 you will get a promotion increment as well
Just graduated from NIE PGDE Pri in june.
Never receive any notification of promotion or pay incrment until yesterday.

Promoted from Geo 2(untrained) to Geo3. The letter stated 1 year probation. What is this probation about? They will remove me from Geo3 and change to Geo2(trained) if i don't meet their expectations?

Salary changed from 3.6k to 4.5k. Increment supposed to be july yearly but now changed to june (earlier better I guess). My fellow NIE friends increased 200-500 because they are fresh grad. And also they never jump to Geo3. I was quite surprised, I thought I need to wait one year at least to be promoted to Geo3.

To a fellow forumers asking to go back to same school you did contract teaching after NIE, please express your interest to your principal. I did relief teaching, contract teaching, practicum and final posting all in the same school. I happy, school happy, MOE HR happy, all happy, no need headache who not happy with posting. Just voice out, they should be more than happy to take you back (if they like you).