Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Optimum Solutions
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahhqy View Post
I've just ended an interview session with them on the Graduate Trainee program. The weird thing was they immediately recruited me and wanted me to sign the contract next week (which he will email me again).
Is this very dubious? Anyone who worked here?
Generally speaking, other than top global MNCs and banks who have properly planned out accelerated programs backed by the required corporate investment, all others fall short of the advertising.

Some of the largest local blue chips like Singtel, DBS, Keppel etc. are slightly better in the sense that the pay, training and progression is better than normal hires, but they still fall short by global standards.

As for SMEs like the one you interviewed, those are just entry level executive hires which HR repackage for branding purposes. They have neither the budget nor the expertise to run proper management programs. Most of their managers/HR wouldn't know how to design a graduate program even if their lives depend on it.

A top MNC fresh grad hire will beat a SME "graduate trainee" by a mile in terms of CV branding and exposure for development.