Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol. It's all too easy to dig a hole in the sand and imagine that everyone around you is in the same rut you are in. Like it or not, I am from CC. Last week, I sat in Conference Rooms 25.6 and 25.7 watching a group of 8 interns deliver a client pitch. All of them were Firsts - no exceptions. Of these 8 hopefuls, 4-5 will eventually be selected to come on board as trainees.

Yes, I don't know the exact trainee pay scale because I didn't come in as a trainee. What I do know is that as a 6 PQE, I am paid slightly over S$20,000 per month. I lateralled in after 6 gruelling years of practice in a Big4 sweatshop. I personally am not a First, and I'm not saying everyone here is a First. Most of us here were grunts who were poached from Big4s (specifically A&G) during CC's massive expansion drive. If you think I'm lying because these figures seem too good to be true, you're just another dumb ostrich in self-denial.

What I AM saying is that to come in here as a Trainee on a TC, you bloody well have to be a First. And a damned good one at that, because Firsts are a dime a dozen, and there are only 4-5 places a year. It's the basic economic principles of supply and demand. If you think it's easy getting a TC here, go on deluding yourself. Lol, indeed.
I don't think anyone here is saying that getting a TC at CC is easy. Truth is getting a TC nowadays is difficult, so it goes without saying that getting arguably the best TC available to fresh graduates in Singapore would be close to impossible without top notch credentials. That said, no need to respond to a simple question with such arrogance. It may well be that the poster is top of his class and is able to avail himself to the fantastic choice of JLC vs a CC TC.

To get back to the point of this thread - SG lawyer at a US firm here. Happy to help juniors if they have any questions.