Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

SEO1 after 6 years is pretty fast. Faster then some scholars, even - it implies a promotion every 1-2 years. Actually, as an SEO1 (thus an office holder of some sort) you should be able to compare the progression of your peers within your school. No point comparing against GEO5s who've reached the pay ceiling and are just coasting along.

If you are dissatisfied with this level of renumeration then private practice is probably more suitable for you, unless you are holding out in hope of eventually hitting superscale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Hi fellow teachers, just want to do a rough benchmark with the market.

I have been teaching for a total of 6+ years and generally B performer with the occasional A. I was told this is roughly top 10-20% performance compared to the rest.

To be honest I feel my progression especially in terms of pay so far is rather disappointing. Currently SEO1 level drawing only ~6.8k even graduating with FCH from NTU and having served NS.

Is this suppose to be normal for a top performer? I understand teaching is not just about the dollars, but frankly seeing so many of my colleagues taking a lepak one corner approach and go through motion with average ratings, I don't seem to be progressing much faster.

If this carries on I might consider venturing outside to the private education sector as some of my ex-colleagues who have gone out are drawing significantly higher.