Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - software engineer j2ee/java
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2011, 05:00 PM

kg21 is on a distinguished road
Default software engineer j2ee/java

I'm new to this forum and I'm very glad to have found this as I've already gotten so much information that i was curious about and i still want to get feedback for my own unique situation.

I'm currently in Seattle area, Washington, USA. I'm planning to move to Singapore with my wife and daughter. i used to work as a java developer in a health insurance company for nearly three years.

I have been looking for job openings in Singapore and almost all of them ask for what my previous salary was and my expected salary is. i don't know what the current market pay rate for mid level software engineer (j2ee) in Singapore is so just wanted to find out more about it. i would really appreciate it if you guys could fill me in on as how much would be fair to ask for when applying for this kind of jobs. And also what can i expect in terms of total benefit package, i know it differs from company to company but just in general in regards to holidays, paid time offs, retirement contribution, health insurance/dental/vision benefits, sick days, tuition reimbursement etc.

Thanks in advance.