Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advise needed. Stuck on career path
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 02:20 PM

helpadviseneeded is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ah... where did you get the idea that a Big 4 is interested in someone with a part time distance learning degree? Not trying to pour cold water or what, but this is something that a quick linkedin search or asking someone from the finance industry ought to tell you already.

As it is, I doubt you will even get a entry deg finance exec role in local large companies. My advice is to try and find a promotion in internally in your existing co. or try to find finance/account exec. positions in the sme space. At the same time try to get at least an ACCA cert, otherwise this sort of deg honestly not very useful if you want to advance your career in accountancy.
Just december last year i received a call from deloitte for an internship role. But due to my night classes i couldnt accept the internship because it was at their peak period and they needed people to stay late.

There are only 2 person in the department im currently in. Myself and my supervisor who does more of the "accounting" work. Is audit position really out of the question for me? 7 months into this job i was hoping i could use this as an "experience" to add to my resume and hopefully land a job at big 4 for a stepping stone experience, or at least get an internship there.. Sigh.. future seems so bleak..

Last edited by helpadviseneeded; 10-07-2017 at 02:24 PM.