Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Default maternal trelopr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$3650 is for what class of honours in year 2010?

I got 1 friend computer engineering from ntu 2nd lower doing QA/QC in EM getting 3200 in 2007 july.

I got another army friend from ntu EEE 2nd upper, join EM as engineer with $4000 after 1.5years in JVC company(sell JVC TV). His last pay in JVC is $296X only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions

1. Base on starting pay $3650 in EM, why is there an additional 5% cash component?
2. Is the annual package 12mths + 1mth(AWS) + 3mths(always fix bonus regardless of performance/economy) = Total 16mths??
3. How much is the annual increment in EM for the 1st 3 years? How many %.

From one of my classmate who fail to get into SHELL after the 3rd round of interview, told me SHELL ofter fresh grad about $2800-$2900 in 2007, with annual increment of 20% for the 1st 3 years, mean after 3 years working in SHELL, he may get between $4800-$5100. Of course, the bonus should be more than 3 months.

As for EM, I dunno how it go? From other online forum, I suppose EM give fresh grad pay increment every 6 months in the 1st 2 years, mean 4 increment in 1st 2 years in EM. I dunno how many %. Anyone can verify? Info on how the scheme work?
I'll try to answer those questions which I can.
As far as I know, EM doesn't distinguish between the different honours. All get the same starting pay (ladies without NS get $200 less)

I'm not too familiar with the 5% extra component but I know it's there. They just give you 5% more on top of your pay.

Annual package is 12 + 3 which is a fixed 15 months a year.

Increment is half yearly for the first 2 years. Based on what I've heard from my friends, the increment ranges from 100-300. Not too sure about how the increment works after the first 2 years though.

Shell on the other hand has a starting pay of $3400 (ladies without NS get $200 less). Fixed bonus is at 3 months, and there's additional variable bonus which varies every year depending on the company performance. It's true that the pay after about 3 years is more than $5100.