Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much is your annual passive income?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$200+ salary is not little by any measure. It is common, as many people earn this much, but is still the minority, if you go by statistics. Of course, there's nothing to be jealous of, just as there's nothing to be ashamed of if one cannot reach this level by 40.
A $200k pa salary would put you in the top 15% of the working population here. With 2.26 million working adults in Singapore (based on 2016 DOS figures) this would mean there are 339,000 people in Singapore earning at least $200k pa.

I guess in tiny Singapore, chances of you bumping into a person in the top 15% salary bracket will be very high - and you dont even have to be in the financial district to "meet" them. So that would give the impression that a $200k pa salary is common.

Many of the senior uniform officers (LTC and above) would easily command such salaries.

I am neither in the uniform services nor in the financial services but I have managed to work my way up the career ladder over the years to reach a salary of $250k+ pa. It was a slow progression, but I "achieved" the $200k pa mark before I turned 50. I am now 57 - better late than never.

Over my 32 years of working, I have seen all spectrum of colleague types. Some were earmarked early for higher responsibilities and were fast tracked in their careers and easily earned $200k before they were 35, while many others fell by the wayside and many left the company.

I count myself lucky to have survived this many years in the company and still commanding such reasonably good remuneration.